Hi guys,

I recently made the switch from iPhone 3GS to BB9900 and except for the lacking 2way read/unread sync and random crashes, device errors and what not I was pretty happy with my new Blackberry until this morning.

I'm using the auto-off, auto-on feature, so this morning i keyed in my SIM code and read some e-mails, then went to have some breakfast. After I came back I noticed that my BB wasn't responding to anything. Screen doesn't turn on, no blinking LED, just nothing. A battery pull doesn't change anything, connecting it to my PC with or without the battery, with or without the SIM card, the phone still does nothing and my PC doesn't even detect a connected USB device. Loader.exe can't find a device either.
    It's in the charger for 30 minutes now, but still nothing. Is this the end for my phone? Nothing else to try and fix it? (I don't have a spare battery or anything). Thanks in advance.
    09-11-11 05:15 AM
    Hi guys,

I recently made the switch from iPhone 3GS to BB9900 and except for the lacking 2way read/unread sync and random crashes, device errors and what not I was pretty happy with my new Blackberry until this morning.

I'm using the auto-off, auto-on feature, so this morning i keyed in my SIM code and read some e-mails, then went to have some breakfast. After I came back I noticed that my BB wasn't responding to anything. Screen doesn't turn on, no blinking LED, just nothing. A battery pull doesn't change anything, connecting it to my PC with or without the battery, with or without the SIM card, the phone still does nothing and my PC doesn't even detect a connected USB device. Loader.exe can't find a device either.
    It's in the charger for 30 minutes now, but still nothing. Is this the end for my phone? Nothing else to try and fix it? (I don't have a spare battery or anything). Thanks in advance.
    Don't whine. Go get it replaced.
    What's wrong with people? They want a hug before they go the store and get a replacement...
    09-11-11 05:51 AM
    What's wrong with people? They want a hug before they go the store and get a replacement...

Thanks for being sympathetic...I was just asking whether there was any other solution for me to try and fix it myself. I'm sure you know it's very annoying to not have access to a (working) phone. No need to be a **** about it

Oh and i'd like a hug, please.
    09-11-11 05:53 AM

No they are looking for help not comments like yours. Not every device needs to be replaced and many people have been helped here on these forums.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-11-11 05:56 AM
    No they are looking for help not comments like yours. Not every device needs to be replaced and many people have been helped here on these forums.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Seriously?? If the device is really as dead as he describes it then why should he have to search for a solution. It is a replaceable fault and it will be replaced.
    Why should he not exercise his option to have it replaced.
    09-11-11 06:05 AM
    And OP, I'm a little curious. You mentioned that you were happy with the 9900, except for two way sync, random crashes and device errors.
    Were you talking about the iPhone having those features or was that happening with your 9900? You post isn't exactly clear on that.
    09-11-11 06:10 AM
    Thats the problem with this forum
    09-11-11 07:30 AM
    I would have replaced it for the random crashes. It sounds like a lemon to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 08:28 AM
    It's. not a totally run down battery is it? They can be hard to revive.
    09-11-11 09:28 AM
    To the guy who said that this is the problem with this forum. The problem with this forum is that iTrolls come here and troll the forums with inane posts.
    The opening post is evident enough. He says he is happy enough with the 9900 despite random crashes, device restarts and random things as compared to the god phone. No one has even mentioned device crashes on the 9900. I call bullsh!t on the OP. If he was really having this problem it would have been replaced in a minute. But nooo...he had to come here and whine and asked for a hug. Life's a bit*ch. Learn to live with it.
    09-11-11 02:15 PM
    To the guy who said that this is the problem with this forum. The problem with this forum is that iTrolls come here and troll the forums with inane posts.
    The opening post is evident enough. He says he is happy enough with the 9900 despite random crashes, device restarts and random things as compared to the god phone. No one has even mentioned device crashes on the 9900. I call bullsh!t on the OP. If he was really having this problem it would have been replaced in a minute. But nooo...he had to come here and whine and asked for a hug. Life's a bit*ch. Learn to live with it.
    Dude just chill out. The guy's just trying to see if he could revive his phone for his convenience. If everyone who had minor or major defects for their devices keep exchanging and replacing, I could see that could potentially be a problem.
    09-11-11 09:21 PM
    You're the only getting your panties all tied up here. OP had a problem with his 9900, wanted to see if there's anything he could do to revive it before making a trip down to get it replaced. Any problem with that? Instead of offering help here you get pissed off just because he mentioned "iPhone 3GS" and some flaws on the 9900.

Anyway, it happened to me once on my Curve 8520. It may sound weird but I plugged it into my PC and kept plugging the data cable in and out of my phone repeatedly, removing and placing the battery etc. for a few minutes and it suddenly revived. Try it for all that it's worth...
    09-11-11 09:28 PM
    Dude just chill out. The guy's just trying to see if he could revive his phone for his convenience. If everyone who had minor or major defects for their devices keep exchanging and replacing, I could see that could potentially be a problem.
    I agree. I think I need to go off and have some happy pills.
    Anyone have any on them?
    09-12-11 03:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD