Just bought a BB9900. Switched from Nokia Symbian, so I'm new to the BB platform.

Wanted to set up my personal email account, however, I get redirected to the Enterprise Activation. Cannot setup my Internet Email Account.

Have read that I need a Blackberry data plan.

Currently I'm travelling in India, so I could subscribe to Vodafone's BB plan, however, as I live in the Middle East, my home carrier does not offer BB plans?

Is there any way that I can use my BB's email features without a data plan? over wifi? If I subscribe to a data plan like Vodafone's, then when I go back to my home country, can I check my email through wifi or will I not be able to do so because my carrier does not offer BIS?
    08-28-11 05:08 AM
    Also, there is no scroll bar in any app? Like in the contacts menu?
    08-28-11 05:44 AM
    Can anyone help? PLEASE
    08-28-11 07:40 AM
    Have read that I need a Blackberry data plan.

Currently I'm travelling in India, so I could subscribe to Vodafone's BB plan, however, as I live in the Middle East, my home carrier does not offer BB plans?

Is there any way that I can use my BB's email features without a data plan? over wifi?
    You need BIS plan or you can use other synchronization applications.

Blackberry - is not smartphone, more exactly - terminal for specific services.
    08-28-11 08:07 AM
    what about using LogicMail or any other email client for email? Is that a solution? Any help from some Crackberries over here.....
    08-29-11 12:46 AM
    Also why isn't there any scroll bar in any application?
    08-29-11 12:48 AM
    You may be able to download and use the Gmail app w/o a data plan. Not sure if you need the data plan at first to download it.

To be honest, w/o a BIS data plan, you might as well stayed with your Symbian device. I can't see myself not having a BB data plan and having a BlackBerry. It's like 3's company without Chrissy (the blonde)... ain't the same.
    08-29-11 01:02 AM
    what about using LogicMail or any other email client for email? Is that a solution? Any help from some Crackberries over here.....
    I use AstraSync and I think that is good solution.And you don't need BIS plan. But you can sync only one email via Astra.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD