Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    BB9900, no BIS, mobile data connection works. Wifi is not recognized by browsers (Browser, OPera, UCweb)- whan mobile data is switched off, browsers say that no connection-- although wifi is activated and connected in OPTIONS
    08-17-19 10:08 AM
    I haven't come across that problem before. Does any other app work on WiFi? CB Forums? Podtrapper?

Edit: have their been any recent changes to your WiFi? New router?

If all else fails, there's always an OS reload (which may solve your problem if you're on an early version of OS 7 / 7.1.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 08-18-19 at 09:28 AM.
    08-17-19 03:10 PM
    also having trouble connecting to e mail via BIS . was fine yesterday!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    08-17-19 09:59 PM
    also having trouble connecting to e mail via BIS . was fine yesterday!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    I think this might be a different problem. If I understand grigoriblum's post correctly, he doesn't subscribe to BIS.
    08-18-19 09:30 AM
    I think this might be a different problem. If I understand grigoriblum's post correctly, he doesn't subscribe to BIS.
    Since the early days of BlackBerry and BIS, I’ve always felt the whole purpose of BBOS was to access for the BIS advantages back then....

I’ve always wondered, if BIS available of course, why use a BBOS device on regular data? It seems unnatural, like cannibalism....or Hannibalism if you’re a a Silence of the Lambs fan
    08-18-19 10:15 AM
    I can't speak for others, but I like my carrier and they don't have BIS. So I stayed with them and learned enough to make the device usable.

As for why I went with the Bold, I've always thought that it is the best Treo that Palm never made. Removable storage and battery and one of the best keyboards ever. Just as importantly, I can still USB sync (a la Palm Desktop) my PIM data to an offline Outlook account on Windows 10. It could be an online account, but I like keeping my data off of the cloud.

08-18-19 12:57 PM
    I can't speak for others, but I like my carrier and they don't have BIS. So I stayed with them and learned enough to make the device usable.

As for why I went with the Bold, I've always thought that it is the best Treo that Palm never made. Removable storage and battery and one of the best keyboards ever. Just as importantly, I can still USB sync (a la Palm Desktop) my PIM data to an offline Outlook account on Windows 10. It could be an online account, but I like keeping my data off of the cloud.

My better half was a longtime Palm girl. When Palm was dropped by everyone but Sprint, reluctantly, she did move to 8300 Curve and then 9800 Torch and 9810 Torch 2 or whatever it was called. For me, BIS was always the attraction but she moved over to Windows 1520 until finally iPhone 8 Plus yet I mentioned Palm brand few days ago, her face lit up....
    Shuswap likes this.
    08-18-19 01:36 PM
    Check your router settings, and make sure it isn't just FILTERING the device from even connecting at all. Had to set my device to "managed 12 am to 12 am" so it wouldn't be seen as a "threat". Same for my (how ironic) two wired desktops and 2 laptops.

Your router's settings may vary, but it's pretty much under security.

Typed on my blackberry classic with 10.3.3-latest on freedom mobile HSPA+
    09-03-19 11:22 AM