So I had gotten the 9900 on 08/31 for t-mobile and it would die fast, like less than 8hrs minimal use. I exchanged it and the battery would last me two days but I got a jvm error or something and it kept rebooting on it's own So I returned it and got my money back. Now I got another 9900 but the battery again is dying fast!!! I don't want to return it and kind of deal with it but it's annoying! Did anyone else exchange their bb's with battery problems and got a better one ? I ordered this one through amazon so I kind of don't want to deal with the shipping etc I kinda want to just wait a few months and then just use insurance to exchange it... or hoping it'll be fixed with software. Oh yeah and it gets real hot, my other 9900 never got hot ...
    09-30-11 11:25 PM
    Exchange the battery first and see how it goes.
    09-30-11 11:59 PM
    Also delete all the 3rd party software and see how that goes. Some social software if set up to poll the server often will kill your battery in no time.
    10-01-11 05:51 AM
    What I did was when the first day I got my BB9900, I used up the remaining battery life until it drained off. Then I charge it for 8 hours without meddle with it while charging. Now my battery works fine in full work day
    10-01-11 06:07 AM
    I took mine back to get replaced. Since there has to be something wrong with it to get it replaced they have to check it out first before I can get a new one. It will be about a week I guess. Horrible way to do things. I'm back on my 9700. The screen is broken(I can only see 2/3 of it, and not the bottom where the messages come in), the head phone jack is on its way out, it freezes all the time, and I can't add more apps onto it. Even though I have all these problems the battery lasts forever. Makes me realize how important battery life is. I hope my next 9900 has a good battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 06:25 AM
    I have a battery problem - my 9930 is freezing a lot, and is also having its battery drained even when off. If I take the battery out of the phone, the battery doesn't drain. I am on the road until mid October, so I will be unable to exchange it until I get back, but this is very frustrating!
    10-01-11 06:41 AM
    I have an idea that it may have to do with facebook and it retracting all your old messages cause every time when I go to my messages app it'll have super old fb notifications/messages etc! I'm giving it a few more days... Otherwise I'm going to call asurion and see if I can get a battery replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 10:54 AM
    My battery was poor until I shrunk out the social media stuff. Now its just a bit worse than my 9700. I realize that isn't helpful to a FB user.
    10-01-11 09:56 PM
    I had a problem with the battery after I bought my 9900, it was flat in less than a day. I suggest not to copy applications from your old phone! My culprit was facebook chat (not rim facebook), a third party app. The new social app is very good and with rim's fb app is enough. After removing facebook chat and turning off gps (I don't know if this had any effect or not) my phone can do 4 days standby (4x20 hours) with very light usage, some fb, some txting, some minor reading in apps, no calls... A day of heavy usage must not be an issue... I do use 3G and wifi is always on, even if it's not in range and I'm out.Bluetooth off, NFC off, screen brightness moderate. I doubt that it has anything to do with your battery, but some parasite apps not compatible with OS7
    10-01-11 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD