****BB9900 Dock/Cradle question

I recently bought the Dock on ShopCrackberry for my bold 9900. Ive been owning multiple docks from the 8310, 9000, 9800, and recently my 9900.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue with their purchased units.

Glow light on the dock is green when charging but i remember when first plugging it in, a teal light was glowing - But when device is placed it shows that it is being charged on the bb itself, but even if i leave it overnight, a couple of hours, it doesnt charge the device.

Is it just my unit or the phone?

Thanks for reading
    Last edited by g.inc; 09-06-11 at 07:31 AM.
    09-06-11 07:29 AM
    The light on the charger is green to me and does not change color. It is ONLY an indication that power is going to the charger POD, nothing else as the POD is stupid and has no other indication.

You phone should have a flashing bolt over the battery while charging. When charged the bolt should change to a plug.

There have been some reported problems with the POD but mine has worked perfectly and I consider it a MUST HAVE accessory.
    09-06-11 07:34 AM
    i completedly agree, its an amazine accessory for any workstation or nightstand - replaces my alarm clock without a doubt.

It shows a flashing bolt but doesnt seem to charge the battery at all. I might need swap the unit.
    09-06-11 07:59 AM
    Your might be charging slowley if you are using it as a clock as the charger that comes with the device is way under powered and you are running the backlight full time in the clock mode.

I would rather use an alarm clock and give the BB a break and see if that helps.
    09-06-11 08:07 AM
    as a bb addict, backlight is set to 10, bedside mode at night with the radio off, and at workjust clock during certain hours.

im going to try a co workers today to see if its my phone/unit or just my luck.

thanks buddy
    09-06-11 08:18 AM
    Ah yes, I remember when I was a BB addict!

Bests of luck. You might want to look for a larger capacity charger. The folding plug type might keep up with the backlight set at 10.
    09-06-11 08:21 AM
    Mine works fine, since day one, light is always green! Thanks
    09-06-11 08:23 AM