hello everyone..

yesterday i slept and left my phone (BB 9900) with low battery around 15%, woke up and the phone was shutdown. So i put in the charger it keeps showing the red LED but doesn't start, then i connect it to my pc the desktop software says " The BlackBerry Desktop Software cannot connect with this device.

If this device is rebooting or has a dead battery, click Retry to attempt to reconnect once the device reboots.

If clicking Retry doesn't connect the device, or the device isn't rebooting with a charged battery, you might need to repair your software to correct the problem.

You can also click Cancel to stop trying to connect your device with the BlackBerry Desktop Software. To try again, you'll need to disconnect and reconnect your device with your USB cable."

I tried retry but still it didnt fix it, then tried repairing by installing a new OS it stopped at starting the device then it failed. I also tried this http://www.crackberry.com/blackberry...ked-blackberry but when connected it showed the device pin then clicking next shows fatal error.

is it just a dead battery or its completely dead and needs replacement?
    02-22-12 04:52 AM
    It's gone to a better place now, but seek solace in that it's not alone. Not by a longshot.

I grieve for your loss.
    02-22-12 05:44 AM
    Is it under warranty?
    02-22-12 05:48 AM
    "You grieve for his lose" dude wakeup its a cellphone
    02-22-12 05:56 AM
    Take it back to your carrier for a replacement hopefully you bought it new and not used. Good luck!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-22-12 06:06 AM
    My friend's BB 9930 just bricked on him. His phone had a very low charge and he charged it overnight and woke up to a black screen and red blinking light.

Verizon agreed to overnight him a refurbished 9930. He said he needed a reliable phone and asked how the BB compared to the iPhone. Next thing I know he's being sent a brand new iPhone 4s as a replacement for free.

I don't plan on switching from my BB, which I love by the way, but I think I would be hard pressed to turn down a free iPhone 4s as a replacement should my BB 9930 brick on me.
    02-22-12 09:56 AM
    Thanks everyone. The phone is still under warranty, I'm gonna take it back to the carrier see what they have to say.
    02-23-12 10:00 AM
    "You grieve for his lose" dude wakeup its a cellphone
    Dude wake up (two words, btw) he said "loss"

Thanks everyone. The phone is still under warranty, I'm gonna take it back to the carrier see what they have to say.
    Anything other than "sure, let us replace that for you" would be unacceptable in my book!
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-23-12 at 10:04 AM.
    02-23-12 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD