Okay, I've got a touch question for you all. Sure, we've got specs for a 5.0 MP camera, but has anyone taken a picture with it yet? I'd like to see something first hand from folks who've had a chance to play with the phone.

Thanks! Can't wait - not interested in the BB Torch 2, much rather see the BB Touch instead but this delay is really setting the stage for RIM.
    06-03-11 07:46 PM
    I've taken many pics with the 5MP camera on my 9780, and the quality is great.

I don't suppose the 9900/9930 camera will be too different from those on current devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-11 07:58 PM
    Hi Phill_UK,

The reason why I ask is because I had a chance to play with the BB Torch camera (also 5MP) and it was a huge disappointment compared to the IP4 which is why I went with that device. Fingers crossed for something a bit better there.
    06-03-11 10:27 PM
    I've taken many pics with the 5MP camera on my 9780, and the quality is great.

I don't suppose the 9900/9930 camera will be too different from those on current devices.

They say its the same as the one in the playbook.. I would be kinda disappointed though if it was.. for some reason, the playbooks pictures seem kind of grainy or something strange.. My 9650 actually takes amazing pictures.. Better than my cousins torch for some reason and my camera is only 3.2megapixels.. I don't get it because the torch is 5 yet mine takes wayyy better pictures. if it is truly the same camera as the playbook then they would be downgrading. I'm sure they wont entirely screw up that department by putting the exact same as the playbook in
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 06-03-11 at 11:39 PM.
    06-03-11 11:36 PM
    I've heard the playbook camera doesn't have auto focus which is causing the problem. It really helps, I love my 9700 camera and have taken lots of great pictures. I think it partially has to do with the auto focus. So if they take the playbook camera and pair it up with the auto focus it should be a decent camera. :s

06-04-11 12:33 AM
    I've heard the playbook camera doesn't have auto focus which is causing the problem. It really helps, I love my 9700 camera and have taken lots of great pictures. I think it partially has to do with the auto focus. So if they take the playbook camera and pair it up with the auto focus it should be a decent camera. :s

I totally agree, I am not a fan of these companies saying "LOOK HOW GREAT THIS CAMERA IS BECAUSE YOU CAN TAKE A PICTURE IN .2 SECONDS!" I don't mind if the picture takes 2 seconds as long as it is auto focusing first. My cousins torch supposedly has a similar camera to the playbook as it has no focus and we couldn't figure out what the problem with the poor close up pictures were. I agree, hopefully they add an auto focus and all will be well [:
    06-04-11 02:12 AM
    torch phones have a 5mp AF camera

and btw IP4 camera and torch are near enough same cameras, both AF
    Last edited by iknowmore; 06-28-11 at 12:00 PM.
    06-10-11 10:46 AM
    .......My 9650 actually takes amazing pictures.. Better than my cousins torch for some reason and my camera is only 3.2megapixels.. I don't get it because the torch is 5 yet mine takes wayyy better pictures.....
    At some point, the number of megapixels don't make a difference. As important as getting a certain number of MPs, the quality of the sensors makes a big difference. My old 2 MP Olympus took great pics. So much so that we could make good 8x10 enlargements.
    06-10-11 11:30 AM
    Okay, I've got a touch question for you all. Sure, we've got specs for a 5.0 MP camera, but has anyone taken a picture with it yet? I'd like to see something first hand from folks who've had a chance to play with the phone.

Thanks! Can't wait - not interested in the BB Torch 2, much rather see the BB Touch instead but this delay is really setting the stage for RIM.
    Weirdly enough, my old Curve 8900 and Bold 9700 took the best pictures. The Torch wasn't as good...close, but not as superior. The Curve was the best of the group, rich colors and contrasts.......shocked me to no end. But my Bold 9700 was also excellent.
    06-10-11 12:09 PM
    The 9900 and I'm assuming other BB7 handsets will be 5mp all focus. RIM reps say they're the same cameras as the Playbook but with added AF and flash. They're gonna be great.

06-10-11 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD