After starting up my 9900 for the first time without performing a device switch i was able to access BB Protect. When I tried to open my BBM, it prompted me to enter a username. So I entered my current BBM id thinking it would automatically recognize it but when it didn't I decided to perform a security wipe and start from scratch by using DM to transfer my contacts and all.

I went ahead and performed a Device Switch and it made my 9900 look a lot like my 9700, which I happened to be content with, however, i wondered whether it removed the 9900 functionality. I noticed BB Protect was no longer there and I also had double contacts...

I thought a security wipe would bring all those factory settings back, but apparently not, because I can't see the BB protect anymore..

ANy help??

BTW, I use a macbook and so I can't download any exe files to upload new OS's.

Please help!
    11-13-11 12:13 PM
    I think after you do the "switch device" wizard you then have to go and do a "restore from backup". You should have done a backup before the "switch device". If not, I think it automatically does it during the "switch device" process.
    11-15-11 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD