Good for them. Hope you enjoy it like you deserve!
    09-26-11 01:01 PM
    Sounds like your issue got/is getting resolved. I'm also on Telus with the new Bold and absolutely love it. Crystal clear calling and the speed... whoa!
    09-26-11 01:05 PM
    Tried to change it during lunch but turns out I can't swap the battery until my line is transfered to the new device. Looks like I won't have it up and running till a little later.
    09-26-11 03:21 PM
    So I swapped the bettery yesterday and I also have another 9900 I received as a replacement. On my desk are now 2 working 9900s. Why I find strange is the screen color is different between the 2. 1 of them is much "bluer" than the other on the white colors.

i'm waiting to compare with a 3rd. I got 2 weeks to return one of them so till then I'm doing some testing.

This morning I woke up and when I tried to scroll through my msges with the touch screen it wouldnt' let me open on by tapping it, it was just selecting everything as I scrolled. changed screens and went back and it stopped. Then happened again a few mins later. did a hard reset and everything "seems" to be working for now. will keep you posted.
    09-27-11 01:32 PM
    And let's not forget that RIM isn't the only comapny in this market with QC issues. How about those iPhone 4's that wouldn't hold a signal if you touched them wrong?

Oops. The mighty Apple has the same problems as RIM, yet plenty of people still buy iProducts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I was a iPhone 4 user and have changed to the BB 9900 Bold and so far very pleased I did so. I was a little worried having read this thread before buying but as I am based in Europe the handsets seem to be made mainly in Hungary and so far mine has been perfect and build wise as good as the iPhone. The only minus point I have is battery life seems to be a little on the low side.
    09-27-11 02:19 PM
    This morning I woke up and when I tried to scroll through my msges with the touch screen it wouldnt' let me open on by tapping it, it was just selecting everything as I scrolled. changed screens and went back and it stopped. Then happened again a few mins later. did a hard reset and everything "seems" to be working for now.
    There's been a similar bug with recent Torch OS's. Coming out of Bedside Mode (or while still in Bedside Mode), touchscreen is unresponsive while keyboard and probably trackpad work fine.
    If it is the same bug, the "fix" is to lock & unlock once by clicking the 9900's top button twice.
    09-27-11 05:56 PM
    There's been a similar bug with recent Torch OS's. Coming out of Bedside Mode (or while still in Bedside Mode), touchscreen is unresponsive while keyboard and probably trackpad work fine.
    If it is the same bug, the "fix" is to lock & unlock once by clicking the 9900's top button twice.
    Looks like the bug for me is if I 2 finger select messages, there's no way to stop selecting with the touch screen. if I hit the back button once it stops selecting and i can tap messages again. This may jsut be a design flaw more than a bug.

I checked another 9900 yesterday and that one has a blueish screen as well. Just checked another friends 9900 5 mins ago and that one is white but is slightly darker than mine but not blue. They all have the same display settings and wallpaper.

4 phones and 3 of 4 have different colors.

also the one that is slight blueish on my desk is about a mm thicker than the others. I just walked over to my colleagues desk and put both my 9900 down next to hers and the first thing she asked was "why is this one thicker?" (insert that's what she said joke here) LOL
    09-28-11 07:37 AM
    Looks like the bug for me is if I 2 finger select messages, there's no way to stop selecting with the touch screen. if I hit the back button once it stops selecting and i can tap messages again. This may jsut be a design flaw more than a bug.
    Flick/scroll the trackpad and it cancels your selection too.

Btw as soon as you have the chance, please update your profile to include your device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to assist you.
    Last edited by elite1; 09-28-11 at 03:31 PM.
    09-28-11 03:28 PM
    Vzw, made in mexico too. As close to perfection as I will ever need, and never expected. Take them all to the local carriers store and exchange for new. Should have been the first thing you did before you even started this thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    LOL.....agreeeeeeeed!!! Mine is perfect, didn't even care to look where it was made but it jumped out of my box on it's own and has been running hurdles ever since!!
    09-28-11 07:22 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD