I want this device for the keyboard and the touch screen for the browser. I find the 9650/9700 keys impossible to type on quickly and accurately. The last BB I could type on well was the 7250. I don’t stream movies or any of that **** so the rest is overkill for me. I am a HEAVY text/emailer so as long as it does not freeze up or ghost and the keys are similar to the 9000 its gonna be sweetness. If the release date leaks say August - doesn’t this mean December in RIM months???
    02-03-11 03:12 PM
    Wow, the complains of the lack of LTE
    Honestly, I don't want LTE due to the battery drained in like an hour

Along with front facing camera
    GET OVER IT

It is super old technology that people barely realized exsist.

And yes I Can Wait for this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well said is well said!

Daniel Ratcliffe likes this.
    02-03-11 06:10 PM
    Who here has used LTE?

No one. So why do people demand it in their phones?

You probably saw a commercial about how fast it should be, but guess what?

They didn't tell you, by having LTE radio set, the phone must be bigger. Period.
    It will drain the battery faster. Period.
    And most cities won't have it. Period.

Its like Sprints Wimax technology. Its great, if you have it. But is if you dont, is it really worth being slightly faster (to do what exactly) for all that bulk and losing so much battery?

If you hear 4G speeds being amazing, thats cool because in theory they are. But once the whole country gets up to HSPA+ no one will complain.

And once everyone is hogging bandwidth on 4G, its not going to seem instantaneous as it does now.
    02-03-11 07:37 PM
    The main issue with LTE/WiMax is that people are going to be signing up for a new 2 year contract at the point when they get their new phone, so they are wanting to try and do a little bit of future-proofing in their purchase.

Personally, I would rather get a device that is really good for now because if the past shows us anything, the first chipsets for a new technology are simply not going to be as good as later ones and if you found you had a need for 4g later then it would probably be better just to eat the extra cost of an early upgrade since the newer 4g phone is going to tend to be a lot better anyway.
    02-04-11 08:49 AM
    Just wanted to chime in and say that this phone has an amazing build quality, very solid and nice. Thinner than most BB's as well...
    02-04-11 02:43 PM
    Just wanted to chime in and say that this phone has an amazing build quality, very solid and nice. Thinner than most BB's as well...
    Careful, you can't say anything complimentary about BB's on this site or the trolls will come out in force and beat you merciilessly until you understand why they all suck.

I'm very much looking forward to this phone. I love the Torch, but it's starting to wobble again. I loved my 9000 and only parted with it for the browser and bigger screen (then got addicted to the touch screen in the process). The Bold Touch looks to have all the power and features I'll ever need. If it's built anyything like the 9000, it should be a very successful model for RIM.

02-04-11 03:17 PM
    Are you saying you have seen or used one?
    02-04-11 03:22 PM
    The main issue with LTE/WiMax is that people are going to be signing up for a new 2 year contract at the point when they get their new phone, so they are wanting to try and do a little bit of future-proofing in their purchase.

Personally, I would rather get a device that is really good for now because if the past shows us anything, the first chipsets for a new technology are simply not going to be as good as later ones and if you found you had a need for 4g later then it would probably be better just to eat the extra cost of an early upgrade since the newer 4g phone is going to tend to be a lot better anyway.
    With the way that RIM operates, they'll release this and then come back 6 months later with the same phone only with LTE.
    02-04-11 03:38 PM
    Careful, you can't say anything complimentary about BB's on this site or the trolls will come out in force and beat you merciilessly until you understand why they all suck.

I'm very much looking forward to this phone. I love the Torch, but it's starting to wobble again. I loved my 9000 and only parted with it for the browser and bigger screen (then got addicted to the touch screen in the process). The Bold Touch looks to have all the power and features I'll ever need. If it's built anyything like the 9000, it should be a very successful model for RIM.

Are you saying you have seen or used one?
    LOL they certainly do not suck, I'll take RIM's build quality over 90% of the phones out there. And Yes I have seen and touched and played with the phone. And I know that it will not be labeled as a bold....
    02-04-11 04:16 PM

Well said - makes perfect sense to me BTW. I don't have a Torch but have played around with it... A touch screen married to a 9000 type device is gonna be tough to beat.

02-04-11 04:26 PM
    LOL they certainly do not suck, I'll take RIM's build quality over 90% of the phones out there. And Yes I have seen and touched and played with the phone. And I know that it will not be labeled as a bold....
    Interesting.

02-04-11 04:36 PM
    Is there anything more you can share? Are the leaked specs accurate? Will it be released on Tmobile? Any idea when it will arrive on GSM carriers in the US?
    02-04-11 04:42 PM
    If you know what it is NOT called, then does that imply you do know what it IS called? C'mon man!?!?

02-05-11 05:26 AM
    If you had made this claim about the new storm then it would seem more convincing, but the Bold name is a strong brand that doesn't have negative connotations attached to it and I think until proven otherwise that you are just making **** up.
    02-05-11 10:38 AM
    If you had made this claim about the new storm then it would seem more convincing, but the Bold name is a strong brand that doesn't have negative connotations attached to it and I think until proven otherwise that you are just making **** up.
    Depends which Bold. The Bold 9650 has had all sorts of build quality issues.
    02-05-11 02:08 PM
    Is there anything more you can share? Are the leaked specs accurate? Will it be released on Tmobile? Any idea when it will arrive on GSM carriers in the US?
    No idea on release dates. But I can say that they are worth the wait, not just for BB fans but anyone that wants a smartphone with this form factor.

If you know what it is NOT called, then does that imply you do know what it IS called? C'mon man!?!?

Unfortunately I can't really say much. I think I have implied plenty, and tip toeing around these types of things can be tricky.

Think what you will, you have nothing to take from what I've said but MY NAME....
    02-07-11 12:01 PM
    Unfortunately I can't really say much. I think I have implied plenty, and tip toeing around these types of things can be tricky.
    You have implied plenty? About the name of the device? I don't understand. If you want cred, then throw us a bone.

You said you played with the phone. At least give us your impressions. How is it to type on? Does the touch screen really add that much functionality? How does it feel in the hand? Was it still really full of bugs, or is it almost ready for prime-time?

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask you this, since of your own accord, you stated you have knowledge on the Bold Touch.

02-07-11 01:05 PM
    You have implied plenty? About the name of the device? I don't understand. If you want cred, then throw us a bone.

You said you played with the phone. At least give us your impressions. How is it to type on? Does the touch screen really add that much functionality? How does it feel in the hand? Was it still really full of bugs, or is it almost ready for prime-time?

I don't think it is unreasonable to ask you this, since of your own accord, you stated you have knowledge on the Bold Touch.

First and foremost, I never said that I wanted "cred" secondly I have inferred enough to keep your speculation in a very small range. Without saying so much, I can in fact state theat the build quality is superb. The leaked specs are close and the industrial type design is in fact intact. I apologize if it seems as though I'm speaking in riddles but it is the only way I can really go about this. It does take serious cues form the Bolds and are kissing cousins on hardware functionality. Holding it is a dream, like I said before its build is second to none and it's form factor is spectaculor. I came on board to debunk any topics of worry that trolls may have brought up and to help all the BB addicts that are leaning toward this device, their faith in BB is justified.
    02-07-11 01:20 PM
    Well then, might you know ... is there any substance to the possibility of a Torch-like device with a landscape keyboard? That's the only thing I think could steer me away from the Bold Touch, or whatever it ends up being called. ;-)

02-07-11 01:31 PM
    The BlackBerry Brand ... ?
    02-07-11 03:59 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD