Hello forum,

today I tried the Blackberry Desktop software in VirtualBox on an FreeBSD host. My Bold 9900 is recognized by the Blackberry Desktop Software. When I look in the list of installed programs it shows me that the kernel software needs to be downgraded. I have made a screenshot.
    Please tell why these marked piece of software needs to be downgraded, what is behind these module names and are there any side effects when I start the downgrade.

Many thanks for the answers.

Best reagrds

FreeBSD-Onkel
    Attached Thumbnails BB desktop software shows me "downgrade" of software-downgrade.jpg  
    08-30-14 11:04 AM
    The problem you are seeing with "Desktop Manager," is only the beginning of problems you will begin to see more and more of because
    Microsoft no longer supports the WindowsXP OS. That means no more updates and that means your system is slowly shutting itself down because the "drivers" that keep the OS up to date so that it'll recognize new software, is no longer in place.
    So what these "flags" are telling you is... it can't read the new stuff and will only play nice if you install an older program with older drivers... which will only cause you MORE problems because, in this case, your mobile device will tell you to upgrade.
    Bottom line... I give it 2 to 3 months TOPS, before you start seeing the dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) and your computer stops booting up all together.

What is come down to is this.
    It's time to upgrade to Windows 7. Any PC with XP will run as good or better with 7. DO NOT install Vista.
    If you can... you're best bet is to invest in a PC that can run Windows 8.

Sorry, I can't give you better news. I can only suggest how to fix your issue.
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 08-30-14 at 11:35 AM.
    GPuba likes this.
    08-30-14 11:17 AM
    Thanks for the answer.
    The Desktop Manager shows me the software installed on my Blackberry Bold 9900 and not the operating system WindowsXP...
    08-30-14 01:37 PM
    As I see nobody knows a solution.
    Please remove my account and nick name - thanks and good bye
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    09-02-14 06:13 AM
    The only time I have seen something like this is when I installed a leak or a newer os than my carrier had released. So when I booted my desktop it was asking me to downgrade to the official os of my carrier which desktop recognised. I ignored it. There are no disadvantages to downgrade. But your post does not tell me if you have installed a newer version or the latest leak. So hard to tell.

Posted via Z10.
    Legal Eagle and Mr4aces like this.
    09-02-14 06:46 AM
    The only time I have seen something like this is when I installed a leak or a newer os than my carrier had released. So when I booted my desktop it was asking me to downgrade to the official os of my carrier which desktop recognised. I ignored it. There are no disadvantages to downgrade. But your post does not tell me if you have installed a newer version or the latest leak. So hard to tell.

Posted via Z10.
    You are quite correct.

I have run BL Hybrid OS's for over 2 years and as the base OS has never been one released by my carrier DM always prompts me to downgrade when I open it up to do a backup.

This will always happen unless you are running the latest Official OS approved by your carrier.

Just ignore the prompt if the OS you are using is running OK.
    GPuba and Mr4aces like this.
    09-02-14 07:36 AM
    As I see nobody knows a solution.
    Please remove my account and nick name - thanks and good bye

As I see it, nobody named nobody even posted a solution.
    Anybody know nobody??
    Anybody??? ANYBODY???? NOBODY?????????
    09-04-14 11:08 AM