I've been a BB user 8330, now Bold 9650 and been a member maybe a year or so and it seems 90% of the post are complaints about their phones. I find it interesting that this is a mostly BB site with many BB fans but it seems as if everybody is having problems with their phones. Why do buy BB phones because most of you are not new to their phones. It seem it's either the battery sucks, my app world is gone, my DM won't work, my phone is powering off, etc etc etc. Why would you continue to purchase a product that you're having such issues with. If you owned a Ford Truck and had as many problems would you buy a Ford truck again. I would not. I have not had issues with my phones and will be considering the 9930 by years end. If I was coming here to get feed back and did not already like Blackberry I would not purchase one seeing all the issues you all have with your phones. JUST MY OBSERVATION. Crap I think my track pad is crooked. LOL.
    busdrverr likes this.
    09-11-11 09:01 PM
    People get frustrated with issues they are having with their BB. This is the place to get help so as long as it is in good taste I see nothing wrong with it. Go to a android forum you will see the same thing there. Also we have mods for posts that get out of hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    unity04 likes this.
    09-11-11 09:05 PM
    Generally folks come to forums for help with their phone. Most who are not having issue are quietly enjoying their phone.

That's just how it Is, and how forums work.
    09-11-11 09:05 PM
    It was interesting; early in the 9900 release the forum was buzzing with positive stuff, reviews, and discussion.

Since it's hit the masses... we are flooded with issues.

I think that's just the way it works; as chrisy said.
    InvincibleBB likes this.
    09-11-11 09:07 PM
    a person who wants to figure out why things aren't working will always be way more inclined to come on and speak their mind than someone who is thinking, 'oh, this is quite nice.'...no matter what the topic
    09-11-11 09:10 PM
    It was interesting; early in the 9900 release the forum was buzzing with positive stuff, reviews, and discussion.

Since it's hit the masses... we are flooded with issues.

I think that's just the way it works; as chrisy said.
    It's neat. Happened with the Thunderbolt release and almost every new device!

The pattern Is the same. First total excitement and how awesome the device is. Few days later the bugs start getting reported, then the cosmetic complaints.

I did the same with all my phones too!
    09-11-11 09:18 PM
    ...to be honest if you follow the trend of the forum(s), that's EXACTLY how it is. Before everyone gets X device, it's virtually raving reviews. Once the device is launched and the users of the world become the REAL testers, then we get hit with questions, after questions, and issues after issues.

But, guess what? CrackBerry.com is the best place to get the answers, period!
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-11-11 09:47 PM
    From what I have read from the veterans, there are actually fewer complaints about the 99xx series than any other release. I am still encouraged enough to commit to one next week. A lot of the issues we hear about are self generated. People don't realize Blackberry's require the user to read learn and understand if they ever want to utilize the features to their fullest.
    As far as being a complaint site, I can't agree with the OP. Many members come here for assistance when faced with challenges. The best way to help someone is understanding their problem in detail. CB still rocks my world!

09-11-11 10:00 PM
    It's annoying but, completely common on any forum. Give it a few months and it will calm down. Better yet wait till QNX BlackBerry devices are released. It'll happen all over again.

In all honesty I wish people were more "I have an issue with my BlackBerry XXXX can someone help me fix the issue?" instead of "OMG DIS PHONE IS HORRIBLE! BB IS NOTHING COMPARED TO ((Insert other phone name))!" But, let's face it anyone doing this just wants attention. Feed their hunger and they'll get worse. Starve them and they go away.

There are alot of threads that are honestly here to have problems solved so it's not so bad. If I go into a thread that's basically a rant thread I try to stay clear of them. I know my other Crackberry members have those threads covered anyway.
    09-11-11 10:01 PM
    I just dont like ppl coming on here saying "omg my screen/back is scratched..." and then peoples only reply is "return for a new one... its a defect" like seriously? Get real people, your the only defect here. I keep pretty good care of my 9900, but have dropped it a couple times. buy a good case, get a screen protector, and be on your way. Thats all you need. Stop posting stupid crap because you are careless with your $600+ device.
    09-11-11 10:14 PM
    As most said, the majority who enjoy their phone do not log on here and say how wonderful this phone is. Most of us are on here cause we are Blackberry fans or if we have an issue with our phones. The majority of complains on here are the same, the bad part is, everyone has to post their own thread instead of doing a quick search or even reading the first two pages of this forum, My battery sucks, no autofocus on camera, no apps, gmail sync, back button, ummm....did I miss anything else???
    09-11-11 10:55 PM
    Yeah I'm getting really tired of the autofocus thing. I have what they call a digital camera for taking pictures...shocking I know.
    09-11-11 11:58 PM
    It's just like customer service. People do not call to say "Hey, this company is great!" and then disconnect. They call because they have concerns, issues or problems they want resolved... same with Forums.
    09-12-11 12:43 AM
    I've been a BB user 8330, now Bold 9650 and been a member maybe a year or so and it seems 90% of the post are complaints about their phones. I find it interesting that this is a mostly BB site with many BB fans but it seems as if everybody is having problems with their phones. Why do buy BB phones because most of you are not new to their phones. It seem it's either the battery sucks, my app world is gone, my DM won't work, my phone is powering off, etc etc etc. Why would you continue to purchase a product that you're having such issues with. If you owned a Ford Truck and had as many problems would you buy a Ford truck again. I would not. I have not had issues with my phones and will be considering the 9930 by years end. If I was coming here to get feed back and did not already like Blackberry I would not purchase one seeing all the issues you all have with your phones. JUST MY OBSERVATION. Crap I think my track pad is crooked. LOL.
    They all have mother issues and can't let go. Some also have short positions on RIMM I feel and are trying to save their *** when the stock rises. You can spot these jokers pretty eassily.

09-12-11 01:11 AM
    It's just like customer service. People do not call to say "Hey, this company is great!" and then disconnect. They call because they have concerns, issues or problems they want resolved... same with Forums.
    Yup, agreed. I didn't become an avid forum reader until I started having issues, the 9900 being my first blackberry early adoption.

There's no bigger reason to come to look on a forum than for help. If it seems like a good majority of 9900 users are having problems because of the forums, it isn't. This is just where people with problems are going to post.

Same thing when I post on apple forums about problems with my iOS devices. I have no issues with seeing other people have issues, as it helps knowing that there are people trying to solve the problem.

Every device has issues, it doesn't matter how reputable it is.

At the end of the day, all my devices have required work arounds, whether it be RIM, Apple, Sony...whatever. I love them all.
    09-12-11 01:14 AM
    All I have to say is: "Storm"

All the MODs will remember when this device was released\rumored to be released. It was a total nightmare on the forums, we were BUSY!
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-12-11 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD