View Poll Results: Anyone considering a Nexus

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 33.33%
  • No

44 66.67%
    Its like carrying a baby flat screen tv in your pocket. No thank you. I have 2 flatscreen tv's at home and a 17" flatscreen moniter at work. No need to carry one.
    12-21-11 08:28 AM
    There is no comparison between the two really.

Only thing bb has over galaxy nexus is keyboard, bb services, and friendly size

if those are your top priorities than bb is for u otherwise make the switch
    12-21-11 08:54 AM
    any BB users out there thinking of switching to the new Nexus? Just curious....I like my Bold, but the Nexus has alot of buzz right now.

Had to play with it yesterday at Best Buy....liked it. Obviously huge learning curve going away from the physical keyboard....
    You should make a Yes/No poll...

I've heard good feedback about the Nexus. Looking forward to someone in the android thread posting a review on crackberry.

However I don't think I will change at the moment the Bold is serving it's purpose very well for my needs.

Plus the wallet is a little (edit: alot) lighter due to xmas shopping...
    12-21-11 09:12 AM
    Poll added for kicks
    12-21-11 09:20 AM
    Noooooope, I'm sticking with my 9900 thank you very much.
    12-21-11 10:39 AM
    My 9930 is the jammy jam!
    12-21-11 12:29 PM
    Its up to the user if you want a huge display with a open source OS get the nexus or similar any android phone. But fot that price point the build should be better not just cheap plastics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    649.00 is pretty steep for that phone though there are alot of great cool features but in a drop test whom do you have the most confidence in???
    12-21-11 01:10 PM
    649.00 is pretty steep for that phone though there are alot of great cool features but in a drop test whom do you have the most confidence in???
    Yes and I believe its LTE
    12-21-11 01:35 PM
    I just got a Nexus for my dad as a matter of fact. Excellent excellent phone, I would strongly consider owning it over my 9930. Typing isn't an issue for me, I don't NEED the physical keyboard (as much as I love it). Everything else is done better on the Nexus. I think I'll wait a little while before jumping in to the Android game because I'd like a phone with higher specs and better build quality than the Nexus though.
    12-21-11 01:35 PM
    i used android (SG Note) along my BB until couple weeks ago, believe me, if you're a former fruit user, you gonna be dissapointed with android after few weeks. i always comeback to blackberry and apple. my only wish is that BB/apple make their display screen bigger.
    yes. my samsung note freezes once each day. android display also laggy because of its drawing/graphics architecture. yes ive updated the os and rooted it. its only good for skype. great amoled display though.
    12-21-11 11:26 PM
    This is not a contest to me, still keeping my blackberry, all the way..
    12-22-11 06:19 AM
    Now from owning a iphone 4s, BB 9930 and Galaxy s2. I can say from my experience the G2 ran circles around the other 2. It just did everything better IMO. Im assuming the Nexus will make the gap even bigger. A lot of people are commenting about battery life but android has made huge steps in that department in the past yr. Not interested in the Nexus though cause as of now only on Verizon maybe the Note if Sprint gets it. If I was shopping for a phone now I would check it out though and see if it fit my needs
    12-22-11 11:37 AM
    Why doesn't anyone ever comment on call quality? These are PHONES first and foremost, right?
    12-23-11 02:08 AM
    I've had my 9930 since the release date and I am still addicted to it. Will hold on to this baby until a Blackberry 10 device comes out.
    12-23-11 02:45 AM
    Why doesn't anyone ever comment on call quality? These are PHONES first and foremost, right?
    definitely true. Tried the galaxy nexus, and the call quality isn't bad at all. I personally think that the 9930 has a louder and clearer call quality even at max volume. Despite what people say about the 9900/9930 call quality, my 9930's call quality is great.

On the side note, people usually talk about other things than call quality and reception since they want more out of their phones which is the reason why people pay 30$+ for data.
    12-23-11 02:47 AM
    No keyboard=no go
    12-23-11 07:28 AM
    Longtime BB user (from the wheel on the side days). Finally just made the switch.

The Gnex is faster, the screen is better, browsing is no comparison, ICS is smooth and quick, has a notification blinking light that is completely customizable with an app (down to contact, etc.). I am convinced and have sold my 9930. ICS has android ready for prime time - FINALLY.

Just my $.02

Out...
    12-23-11 10:55 AM
    I have both..

Tried with the nexus.. typing is nowhere near to bb.. Call quality and reception is a desaster.. emails come a lot slower.. try to combine a gmail accout with all the other accounts? not possible.. I could go on for hours..

LED notification does only work right.. sometimes.. and who does a notification light on the bottom? I always have to take it out of the holster to see if it is blinking.. with bb.. just take it..

Display has gray stripes all over unless you turn up the backlight to a maximum..

Use it now for Skype.. thats it..
    12-23-11 11:11 AM
    saw a post from a twitter buddy the other day saying his s was down to 27% or so after 4-5 hrs of mainly idle use.

no thank you, lol
    12-23-11 11:34 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD