View Poll Results: Anyone considering a Nexus

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 33.33%
  • No

44 66.67%
    any BB users out there thinking of switching to the new Nexus? Just curious....I like my Bold, but the Nexus has alot of buzz right now.

Had to play with it yesterday at Best Buy....liked it. Obviously huge learning curve going away from the physical keyboard....
    12-19-11 11:37 AM
    BB or nothing.....lol!!!!
    12-19-11 11:43 AM
    Wife just made the switch. Phone should arrive this week.
    12-19-11 12:05 PM
    I went to Android for about a year but the 9930 brought me back to BB. While the Galaxy Nexus is impressive, its sheer size makes it unusable for me. Also seeing lots of reports with signal issues. If I were to go Android right now, I would get the HTC Rezound.

Sent from my Big Red BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-19-11 12:33 PM
    Its up to the user if you want a huge display with a open source OS get the nexus or similar any android phone. But fot that price point the build should be better not just cheap plastics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-11 12:44 PM
    doesn't matter android/ bb/ idevices/ feature phone, user must be satisfied..
    which is impossible..
    when 9700 came out... most of them promised/ sweared about the loyalty...
    but now 9900,
    i am also included...
    buy something you like and enjoy..
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus has more features than BB.
    but BB has security and phyical keyboard..
    see what you need.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-19-11 12:46 PM
    Its too big for me..
    12-19-11 01:18 PM
    i used android (SG Note) along my BB until couple weeks ago, believe me, if you're a former fruit user, you gonna be dissapointed with android after few weeks. i always comeback to blackberry and apple. my only wish is that BB/apple make their display screen bigger.
    12-19-11 01:29 PM
    Its a stunning phone but I love my 9900. I always have reservations on total touch phones.
    12-19-11 01:31 PM
    Even if I've had problems with my 9900, I'm still sticking with it. Trying my best to make it work without problems.

Anyway, nice avatar EECGeek.
    12-19-11 01:37 PM
    I did the same soul searching before getting the 9900. I even "test drove" a friends Nexus1 for a couple of weeks to see if it would grow on me. Never could get used to typing on glass although I got pretty good at it.

Google integration is pretty sweet.
    I would have opted for the HTC Amaze just for the weight/feel of it. They are all pretty much running 1.5 dual processors with 8mp cameras and all that jazz. The Samsungs felt a little too delicate for my tastes. The HTC are a little heavier and brickish feeling. Which brings me to the next deciding factor for me, the sheer size of the things.

Too HUGE!!!! I know the 9900 got bigger than the 9700 I was rocking but those androids are just too big. The 9900 is almost too big for me.

You get a forward facing camera, that is important to you.

It took a while but I finally managed to make the Nexus1 look like a blackberry on screen. Made some folders and organized it the way I was used too and it helped a little bit.

I finally decided to keep the platform I was used too, BB. The forward camera, processor, and bigger screen just didn't make enough difference to me to learn a new device.

I really like having dedicated call/end/menu buttons. Saved a few steps doing things while on a call and trying to get back to the call screen over android.

It has been stated in many a debate, nothing gets the job done like a blackberry. If it is a toy/convenience phone then go android, if it is a work device/planner/organizer, then go BB.
    Vijik and andy957 like this.
    12-19-11 03:09 PM
    i used android (SG Note) along my BB until couple weeks ago, believe me, if you're a former fruit user, you gonna be dissapointed with android after few weeks. i always comeback to blackberry and apple. my only wish is that BB/apple make their display screen bigger.
    I cosign this entire statement!!!! Android is fun for a couple of weeks and then after that it loses it's novelty. The most love I have for Android is a result of the streamlined Google integration. I do plan on getting the Nexus as maybe it can make me see "the light" and push me to believe that Android is all I need in life. However, ideally, what I would like is a Nexus tablet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-11 10:07 PM
    I purchased the Nexus 3 days ago at Verizon after using a BB for 7 years on T-Mobile. The phone is nothing short of amazing and even makes my wife's iPhone look basic. There is a lot to learn - the ability to dictate a text or Email with 99 accuracy and speed is really slick. i am still running the T-Mobile 9780 until I'm convinced but each day sees me using the Nexus more and more.

The screen, 4G speed, no dropped calls and ability to view Email Attachments immediately (instead of Truncated Due to Size Messages on my Bold) is very helpful and frees me more from my laptop. The large size compared to the Bold is definitely an adjustment for grabbing and making an urgent call.

I tried Android last year and it went back after 2 days - the new ICS os 4 might just be the way forward for die hard BB Users. I was on the verge of upgrading to a 9900 or 9810 but after all the posts about bricking and other issues, I decided to gamble on the Google Phone.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-20-11 11:21 PM
    I love my 9900 too much. I'm sure there will be fans of the latest nexus but I could never give up my 9900.
    12-20-11 11:32 PM
    I totally agree with this statement. I bought the Galaxy Nexus and returned in in 3 days to get the 9930. For me the lag on it was terrible. Typing wasn't good on it either.
    12-20-11 11:46 PM
    1. The Galaxy Nexus can access games and videos on the Internet that require Adobe Flash.
    2. Supports wireless payment and other transactions using NFC.
    3. Built in WiFi hotspot lets you wirelessly share your Internet connection with WiFi devices.
    4. 3x higher resolution screen, 1280x720 vs 480x640round and 2.5x larger screen, 4.6" vs 2.8"
    5. Nexus has a OLED screen, which are generally brighter and more vivid, Super AMOLED vs TFT LCD.
    6. Around 3x more talk time per battery charge, 17.6 hours vs 6.3 hours.
    7. More than 40% higher capacity battery, 1,750 mAh vs 1,230 mAh.
    8. The GALAXY Nexus has a Micro HDMI video output connector to display pictures or video on TVs or other devices,
    9. Shoots higher resolution Full HD (1080p) video, 1080p @ 30fps vs 720p
    10. More cores means better multitasking and responsiveness, Dual core vs Single core
    11. More than 30% more RAM, typically more responsive and better for multitasking, 1024 MB vs 768 MB
    12. More than 2x more internal storage, which means more music, photos and movies, 16 GB vs 7.8 GB
    ^ Galaxy Nexus vs Bold 9900.

Hi. RIM should make a 4.3 inch device, ever since I got my Razr, every other device is extremely small in my hands.
    12-20-11 11:59 PM
    I purchased the Nexus 3 days ago at Verizon after using a BB for 7 years on T-Mobile. The phone is nothing short of amazing and even makes my wife's iPhone look basic. There is a lot to learn - the ability to dictate a text or Email with 99 accuracy and speed is really slick. i am still running the T-Mobile 9780 until I'm convinced but each day sees me using the Nexus more and more.

The screen, 4G speed, no dropped calls and ability to view Email Attachments immediately (instead of Truncated Due to Size Messages on my Bold) is very helpful and frees me more from my laptop. The large size compared to the Bold is definitely an adjustment for grabbing and making an urgent call.

I tried Android last year and it went back after 2 days - the new ICS os 4 might just be the way forward for die hard BB Users. I was on the verge of upgrading to a 9900 or 9810 but after all the posts about bricking and other issues, I decided to gamble on the Google Phone.
    One thing about the 99xx series - with the newest BIS truncated messages are few and far between. I personally have yet to get a truncated email, and on my old BB that was a bi-weekly occurance if not more. I've had a couple nuking hiccups but still using the same handset for the past 3 months. But again, all mobile devices are personal preference. Good to see you found what you need.
    12-21-11 12:03 AM
    BB or nothing.....lol!!!!
    Same here.
    12-21-11 12:04 AM
    galaxy nexus may be the best android handheld at the moment.but with android no device holds that title for a full year.if android gets better battery,then definitely in my consideration in 2013.if not,then sorry not buying any android handset.
    12-21-11 12:22 AM
    I totally agree - once you've used a BB for a while, nothing compares for Emails and Texting, quick calling and battery etc.

However, being a RE Broker, we are being forced to do more and more online in the car and on the go without the office computer at hand. Being able to go online with a 4G smartphone and browse property details or read an attachment or view a google map on a large 4+ inch screen makes a good case to consider the new Nexus.

I tried using the PB with Bridge but by the time the browser displayed any info, we all died of frustration waiting to view info. I almost threw it out the window.

Old habits die hard however and the one touch dial to call speed dials on my 9780 still has me reaching for the BB. Just discovered there is a one touch icon for all speed dials on the Nexus however. Best benefit so far is viewing all attachments on Emails which was the only negative on the 9780. I'll know in a week who the winer is! Would love to see RIM release something comparable as i've been a BB die hard for years.
    12-21-11 12:35 AM
    both phone are good
    it depends on how you using the phone..and what are u need on a smartphone..
    for me 9900 was a good smartphone..easy to carry..good battery life compare to android..smart design..best qwerty keypad ever..."sometimes i reply my office email when im on ride my bike" best phone for chatting..and the most parts is BBM and the EMAIL native..make me easier to reply all my work emails...

for me galaxy nexus was a good phone.."if i got money i will buy the Google Phone"
    but this phone function more to entertainment..i still prefer 9900 as a best smartphone
    12-21-11 06:38 AM
    What about the battery life?
    12-21-11 07:24 AM
    What about the battery life?
    It's not too bad if you get the extended life battery......

howarmat and ubizmo like this.
    12-21-11 07:48 AM
    It's not too bad if you get the extended life battery......

Click to view quoted image
    Now that was funny!
    12-21-11 07:55 AM
    It all boils down to personal preference. I can't part with the 9930 due to the keyboard (wonderful) and sound quality. I am not much into surfing/paying games/etc on a phone regardless of the screen/phone capability.
    12-21-11 08:07 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD