Yeah, I'm a little torn between the Bold Touch (hereby referred to as "Bolt") and the Torch2. I've never owned a 9000 before, but I've had the Torch since launch day. It's been a great phone so far, being the jack-of-all-trades form factor. The keyboard is easy to access and allows for all the keyboard shortcuts.

Ultimately, with regards to the next batch of phones (Bolt, Touch, Torch 2), I feel the jack-of-all-trades aspect of the Torch will become accentuated. The Torch will have a big screen, but not as big as the Touch. It will have a keyboard, but (arguably) not as good as the Bolt. Essentially, it would be a "master-of-none". That's why I'm leaning towards the Bold Touch. While having a big screen is nice, I feel the keyboard is perhaps the most important aspect of a BlackBerry (no offense Storm fans). Besides, the screen is not that much smaller than the Torch2 (2.8in vs 3.17), and it would be less battery-draining.
    I completely agree, I have enjoyed my Torch, but would much rather have a better keyboard, I am constantly jealous every time I use the wifes 9700, and that keyboard is not as nice as the 9000's was. Plus I am a habitual one handed user and it is not as nice as it was with the "OB" (Original Bold). Plus with the PlayBook I am much less dependent on screen size, as I do many functions that require a larger screen on it now.
    04-25-11 10:17 AM
    Not sure about having small touch screen. If RIM wants to have both physical and touch screen at the same time then Torch is the best example.
    04-25-11 10:20 AM
    Not sure about having small touch screen. If RIM wants to have both physical and touch screen at the same time then Torch is the best example.
    I would disagree, as stated above, I do like the Torch, but I would prefer the combination design. It will be a more solid design, better keyboard, thinner, and I will not miss the small loss of screen real estate.
    04-25-11 10:42 AM
    I would disagree, as stated above, I do like the Torch, but I would prefer the combination design. It will be a more solid design, better keyboard, thinner, and I will not miss the small loss of screen real estate.
    Agreed. This is definitely where I'm leaning. I miss that keyboard!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 10:50 AM
    I completely agree, I have enjoyed my Torch, but would much rather have a better keyboard, I am constantly jealous every time I use the wifes 9700, and that keyboard is not as nice as the 9000's was. Plus I am a habitual one handed user and it is not as nice as it was with the "OB" (Original Bold). Plus with the PlayBook I am much less dependent on screen size, as I do many functions that require a larger screen on it now.

My girl has the torch and I just don't really feel a difference between the bold and the torch's keyboard.

The only thing is that there is definitely a nice solid feel when typing on the torch. It clicks very nicely when I type on it.
    04-25-11 11:05 AM
    The biggest issue is still that all browsing will go through rim's compression servers and bring the browsing to a crawl compared to browsing on Android or iOS.
    Actually, according to patents filed by RIM prior to the launch of the new Torch browser, this setup is supposed to speed up browsing by shrinking the file size of websites for the phone to render.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-11 12:50 PM
    I loved my bold 9000. But when the technology went to the smaller phone I got an iphone 4. Ive been waiting for the right phone to get me back to a blackberry and I have found it. Cant wait. Also miss crackberry to much.
    05-02-11 12:29 PM
    The specs of the iPhone 5 are unknown, but the specs of the bold touch are better than the iPhone 4 overall.. CPU.. ram.. etc.

The iPhone however obviously has the far better app store and is the best phone for games/apps by far.

And the iPhone 4 has a bigger screen so better for web browsing on the go, but the bold has the amazing physical keyboard but a smaller touch screen, and web browsing will be decent.. but better on the iPhone.

I personally am going to get the bold touch. This will be my first ever blackberry and I did also consider the iPhone 5 in my decision.
    Let's correct a few things. The Bold Touch doesn't necessarily have better specs than the iPhone4. Having intimate knowledge of both & having used both, I will tell you that they're close. In no way shape or form is the 8655 superior to the A4.
    You also need to keep in mind the iPhone4 is year old hardware, whereas the BT is brand new. In other words, it's behind the times in comparison to other devices in the high end market.

Now let me say that the 9900 is a damn good device!!! I love it. There is no better keyboard. EVER. The screen is unbelievable(For BlackBerry especially) and holds it's own against all other devices on the market. No questions asked.
    The bottom line is RIM is in a transition process and this is one of the first devices coming out of said process. It's leaps & bounds ahead of any other BlackBerry device on the market and is only a sign of what is to come from the RIM camp. Yet it's only going to get better from here. Not worse. Never been a better time to be a CrackBerry addict.
    anon(73368) and jhamilton3#CB like this.
    05-02-11 06:34 PM
    Any other big announcements like maybe the bb touch
    Hey cx??
    05-02-11 06:45 PM
    I think, if you are like me who really like the physical feel of the keyboard, this new Bold is a good way to go. My brother just got a iPhone 4 and I tried the keyboard only to realize that I am slow and made several errors.

In terms of apps, the Apple App Store is the best. I am going to buy an iPad for that.
    05-02-11 11:12 PM
    Can't wait for this phone, granted I am too broke to purchase anytime soon, lol!

Maybe sell a kid on the black market. Anyone want a 14 year old pre-teen? Pain in thee whazoo? Hit me up, haha! I am kidding for the people that can't take a joke!
    05-03-11 02:23 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD