Had a situation where screen & key backlights timed out BUT the CALL KEY, BB KEY, BACK KEY & END KEY stayed lit. Would go out if I manually locked the keyboard but not automatically with the keyboard unlocked. Checked all settings - is there a setting/toggle or something that will leave those keys lit? The only way I could get it corrected was to do a battery pull. Any ideas?
    09-14-11 01:39 PM
    That happens when you're on a call by default.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 02:09 PM
    There is also a new way or order in which these lights go out and i cannot remember the order for sure but i beleive that your screen backlight goes off, then the keys, then the ring around the trackpad etc. At least you get the idea and I cannot as I said remember myself. You might want to DL the use guide and you might find the answer there.
    09-14-11 03:07 PM
    So I figured it out. Locking the keypad while talking on the phone causes this situation. Tried it 4 times and it happened every time. Pressing the keyboard lock key at the top of the phone while talking on the phone somehow changes the settings on the backlight leaving the PHONE KEY, BB KEY, BACK KEY & END KEY lit. The reason I would lock the keyboard while on the phone is because somtimes during the course of a conversation the speakerphone would activate itself. A little weird?
    09-15-11 09:39 AM
    This has been happening to me too!! This is so unbelievably annoying. Has anyone figured out what is causing this little glitch? Is it something with the OS? I would LOVE to figure out how to get it to stop since I would prefer to continue to lock my screen while on calls but not have these top 4 buttons stay lit up!
    10-16-11 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD