Seriously, RIMM, release it at the end of June. Keep delaying it and the sales rep in those wireless stores will keep pushing Android & iPhones 2 customers that walk thru the door while that silly Blackberry Curve 9300 sits there in the corner gathering dust.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-11 09:10 AM
    Sadly to say but the carriers have given up on RIM, and can you blame them. RIP RIM!!! and i still have a 9780 along w my i4 so dont flame me, telling like i see it!
    06-07-11 09:22 AM
    Android, Apple face growing cyberattacks - USATODAY.com

There are advantages to being a bit player. Example: Macs are just as vulnerable as PCs. Since only a handful of kooks use Macs, there is no motivation for hackers to exploit them.
    06-07-11 09:38 AM
    Between RIM's saying & doing many a pair of shoes is worn out. The more delay, the more grounds they lose to other platforms. And the irony is that RIM wants to launch 9900 in Sept along with Iphone5....LOL. I pray for god to show some mercy.
    06-07-11 09:58 AM
    You are aware "2" can be spelled out?
    sg8330 and q649 like this.
    06-07-11 10:01 AM
    as others continue to sell and roll out new models and upgrades. RIM just sits...
    This is from Endgadget today:

HTC sales in May reached $1.42 billion, more than double last year's total
    By Vlad Savov posted Jun 7th 2011 at 4:51AM

"We're seriously considering just reposting the same bit of text every time HTC's earnings come up for discussion. The story never seems to change. Taiwan's premier smartphone maker has once again blown away its performance from the previous year, having informed the Taiwan Stock Exchange that it tallied up T$40.62b ($1.42b) in consolidated sales for May 2011. That's a neat chunk of change more than April's T$38.73b and it also comfortably dwarfs last year's May total of T$18.82b ($656m). There's no breakdown of what devices are to credit for HTC's ever-ascending revenues, but if you ask us, its future prosperity looks pretty good with the Sensation, EVO 3D, and a few tablet-shaped things lurking on the horizon."
    06-07-11 10:11 AM
    You really have to wonder what the hold up is.
    06-07-11 10:52 AM
    Seriously, RIMM, release it at the end of June. Keep delaying it and the sales rep in those wireless stores will keep pushing Android & iPhones 2 customers that walk thru the door while that silly Blackberry Curve 9300 sits there in the corner gathering dust.

So you think RIM is delaying it just to be mean? LOL!

Just cause you want it so bad . . . . .

Salesmen will always sell what they got. When the RIM devices get there they will sell it!
    06-07-11 11:14 AM
    You really have to wonder what the hold up is.
    There is no holdup. RIM has always said SUMMER! You people think they are late, summer ends in September!

The hold up is it is not ready
    06-07-11 11:15 AM
    I cannot wait for the 9900, its looks fantastic. That said if they released it tomorrow I am not sure it would make any difference. RIMs core business has mostly been the outlook to device sync via BES. For this and battery life and a physical keyboard nobody beats them. There are also a lot of people that care about these feature, like me. This and because I don't care about surfing the net or social networking is what keeps me a RIM customer. The market and what people want in a device is why people are jumping to android and iphone, there is nothing RIM is going to do to change this. They tried with the storm and the torch, see how well that turned out. There is nothing wrong with being strong in the business sector and nothing more, lots of companies have this business model and are happy with it. Will be interesting to see what happens in the future but I don't think coming out with this device is going to impact much except make a few of us happy.
    06-07-11 11:41 AM
    I need some advice. I just moved to the US from Spain, I do not want to sign any contracts now with new devices about to be released and OS7 not being backwards compatible. I am also tired of jumping around from wifi to wifi like some crack addicts looking to score a rock!! What are the best pay as you go data plans in the US? Is it true that even if I just want a sim card I have to sign a 2 year deal?? My 9780 is brand new but I will be damned if I sign a contract for an OS6 device.....I must admit I have been thinking of going droid to test the waters and then maybe using the sim for my phone??

I posted this here because I really have been trying to keep track of the 9900!
    06-07-11 04:02 PM
    There is no holdup. RIM has always said SUMMER! You people think they are late, summer ends in September!

The hold up is it is not ready
    Well, let's be honest. At least in the US, everyone thinks of summer as June through August. No one really considers mid-late September as "summer".

I happened to stop into my local US Cellular today and the guy working there said they were thinking August now.
    06-07-11 04:29 PM
    I THINK this phones coming out in july. For rogers we have this promotion and its called buy to smartphones get a ps3 and it ends June 30th. So what i think they're doing is cleaning out some of the bb bold inventory and bringing in the bold 9900 I think those delay rumors were for RIM to see how sales would go, and Its a rumor soo it cant be right also
    06-07-11 05:06 PM
    seriously, why would RIM not releasing a product if it is ready? even if rim is pushing hard, there are still many external factors influencing its new product launch - manufacturing capacity, logistic, carrier readiness, etc. a lot of manufacturing capacity and components are consumed by apple and htc who are priority customers. i think rim is doing its best and not sitting idle..i have seen this new bold in testing, if you are a bold fan, you will not be disappointed.

06-08-11 04:24 AM
    RIMM is going to end up like PALM if they dont STOP the nonsense. They even remind me of PALM because it is always the same form factor in a different color with the same rehashed OS with slight alterations done.

I am excited about the BB Bold 9900, but they need to release it before 4th of July to combact Android. It is raining Android on every carrier and i am sure it will only be a matter of time before the iPhone is on every carrier.

RIMM, if you are listening, HURRY UP!!!! Or else you will end up like PALM.
    06-08-11 10:30 AM
    I am really dying for a new phone and I am not going to pretend I know what is going on with this phone and with RIM. I hope what ever the hold up is RIM learns from it and doesn't let it happen next release. I sure hope they make nice with Verizon after this device and stop with the "refreshes" that they do so I can get BBs more often. That said, I am happy my tour is still hanging in there; good job on making your phones solid. I think I have a shot of making it to the launch date of this phone and not forced to jump ship to another device out of necessity.

I might call in sick on launch day so I can get one of these ASAP. At least I know I won't end up in the news waiting outside of my Verizon store for one. I loved my tour, but time for something new... Something faster too.
    06-08-11 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD