i miss BB every day but i wont be going back until QNX is out and debugged.
    See you in a few years then

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 08:20 PM
    i have a bold 9000 and i have been waiting for a refresh forever! I've been caught up in the delusions that a phone must be more than just a phone. BUT in all honesty, i don't know what i want anymore. Hopefully this bad boy changes my mind cause there's nothing out there that's worth the upgrade.
    01-16-11 08:41 PM
    A year ago, I would have said h&ll yeah! Now, I have the Torch and looking at the Torch2. But, I'm also looking at the Motorola Atrix.
    01-16-11 09:11 PM
    BBW, I dont think we will see a CDMA version - I hope so but doubt it. I am gonna jump to att for this one...
    01-16-11 09:52 PM
    Sometimes I wonder how we can be brothers.

This mythical phone needs releaaed already, and the legacy of Bold resumed. GSM and CDMA versions, please RIM. *bbm bat eyes*
    Dood likes some girly arse phones, that's for sure...maybe he has girly hands...

Flame suite on! Have at Mr. Graceless, lol!

01-16-11 11:55 PM
    BBW, I dont think we will see a CDMA version - I hope so but doubt it. I am gonna jump to att for this one...
    I guess I could suffer with a CDMA T2 instead.

Dood likes some girly arse phones, that's for sure...maybe he has girly hands...

Flame suite on! Have at Mr. Graceless, lol!

Well I was gooing to mention he needs hands as big as his head, but I decided to be nice.
    01-17-11 05:12 AM
    yup, will get this when it s out.
    01-17-11 06:22 AM
    I'm really torn on this one.

On one hand, I love the slider concept of the Torch. The full-size touchscreen is better for things like navi and browsing, but the keyboard is still there.

The problem is that I have huge mitts. A Curve literally disappears in my hand. So the big 9000-esque keyboard would be a godsend.

That's why I've been praying for a horizontal slider. Keep the full-size touchscreen and get a large keyboard.

But given the current options, I'm not sure which way I'll go.
    Blacklatino and makaveli28 like this.
    01-17-11 12:22 PM
    I'm really torn on this one.

On one hand, I love the slider concept of the Torch. The full-size touchscreen is better for things like navi and browsing, but the keyboard is still there.

The problem is that I have huge mitts. A Curve literally disappears in my hand. So the big 9000-esque keyboard would be a godsend.

That's why I've been praying for a horizontal slider. Keep the full-size touchscreen and get a large keyboard.

But given the current options, I'm not sure which way I'll go.
    Lol. I agree. But, it's good to have choices.
    01-17-11 01:21 PM
    Ah all these 2011 Blackberrys... Gotta collect 'em all!

01-17-11 03:01 PM
    Its not exactly what I've been waiting for (no QNX) but its about time they up the specs to almost standard these days...but I've always said that blackberrys do what they are made for and do it well!!!! But I'm wanting something like the torch with QNX

01-18-11 07:52 PM
    I don't really see the benefit of reaching over a perfectly good trackpad to fingerprint up the screen. Other than that, I like it.
    01-18-11 08:09 PM
    I don't really see the benefit of reaching over a perfectly good trackpad to fingerprint up the screen. Other than that, I like it.
    I agree!!!

01-18-11 08:40 PM
    Bold refresh FTW!!! Bold was my 2nd BB and it still is my favorite form factor of all time, might look at the Torch 2 as well
    01-19-11 01:14 AM
    Most definitely. It's a match made in BB heaven
    02-22-11 06:36 AM
    I am very excited to see this. My upgrade is not available until Feb of next year so I have some time but it will give the device enough time to hit the market and hammer out some of the bugs and for me to make a decision on whether its the device for me.

As sad as it its there is a very real chance I might jump ship and go with an Android phone unless one of these phones takes care of some of the issues I have with BB and RIM.
    02-23-11 03:29 AM
    I can't wait for the Montana. I see it being the last BlackBerry I buy for a long time.

I've seen a lot of people complaining that it won't have QNX. I actually kind of see that as an advantage. Montana + PlayBook will be an awesome combo. I like the idea of having two different OSs that I can use for two different needs. I will have the Montana with 6.1 for all of the efficient communication that I depend on. and I will have the PlayBook for entertainment when I am bored. The way it is now I use my phone way to much for actual communications to waste battery life on games or watching youtube videos. So I will do all of those things on a second device that doesn't really matter if it's battery dies before I can get home to plug it in.

That's one way I think the BB + PB combo beats iphone + ipad or a android phone + android tablet. I don't see a point in having two devices that do the exact same thing, the exact same way but with different screen sizes.

However I do think it would help RIM a lot if they would hurry up and get QNX out on some phones for people who want that type of experience on their phone. I just don't think I will be buying one of them any time soon.
    Last edited by Witmen; 02-23-11 at 09:44 AM.
    02-23-11 09:37 AM
    I hope this ll be QNX upgradable...
    02-23-11 03:18 PM
    I can't wait to get an upgrade!!!
    02-24-11 11:40 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD