As we've seen in the past few days, the rumors have finally came out for new devices. Looking at the new pic of the Bold (Dakota) it looks cery similar to the form factor of the Bold 9000 and if there has been one reacurring comment about new devices its the overwhelming want and need for a new version of the 9000.

So simply put even though its not using the QNX OS we've been wanting is everyone waiting and anticipating this release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-11 08:49 PM
    I am. Anything to replace this Curve 9300 I'm using..... Not to mention I collect BBs anyway.
    01-14-11 09:04 PM
    Too late. I already bought the Torch on contract and i'm happy with it now.

01-15-11 12:38 AM
    The Blackberry I was waiting for? I have been wanting a Bold refresh for a LOOOOOOONG time. I am happy the day has come, but a bit disappointed on the specs. Like you said, no QNX. Surprise on the HD video cam though.

No LTE support. I know as LTE still is not really there yet, if I want to get this phone, what if we don't see a refresh in years like how long we have waited for it now? I still am on the 9000 cause I have waited so long. I hope in the final product they add some stuff. No word on the processor. Hopefully its AT LEAST the same as the torch 2 at 1.2 GHz. 1gig of RAM would be nice too .

As for the appearance, I wish they would change the bezel. They kept the same chrome as the 9000. I don't know about you but mines chipped off so easily and was a bit annoying, I just wished it would chip off completely to make it all black. From the looks of the pictures its slimmer too. Did you see the single button in the center of the top of the phone? Is that the lock button? Why cant they make it like the torch's? The torch's buttons on top are smooth and looks better.

I guess we all just need to wait and see what comes out of it. Its been years that I have waited for this refresh and can't wait to see what they come up with. Hopefully they have listened and put stuff to have these phones compete with the other phones on things outside of BBM, push e-mail, and the famous keyboard.

Shout out to phoneking13. Haven't seen you in the forums for a while .
    01-15-11 01:38 AM
    With LTE being pushed HARD by all carriers in 2011, I would not invest in any non-LTE equipment unless you pay more than $100 per month for service.
    01-15-11 02:06 AM
    I think it just might be the one for me.

having a touch screen and a slightly bigger keyboard are the first two improvements I would make on the 9700.. then throw in the better processer, more ram, higher res, HD vid = the best we will have seen for the qwerty design style by far...

I was gonna get the Torch when my contract is up at the end of March but it's lookin like there's gonna be some better phones to get so if I hear confirmation that this will drop by end of the year I'll have to stick it out for either this or the Torch 2, depending on the final specs...
    01-15-11 06:16 AM
    I can't wait till this phone comes out! I have an upgrade on one of my phones coming up in a couple months and would love to get this sucker!

IMO will be the best BB thus far...granted new S3 looks good too, just get along better with physical keyboards...

01-15-11 07:17 AM
    As we've seen in the past few days, the rumors have finally came out for new devices. Looking at the new pic of the Bold (Dakota) it looks cery similar to the form factor of the Bold 9000 and if there has been one reacurring comment about new devices its the overwhelming want and need for a new version of the 9000.

So simply put even though its not using the QNX OS we've been wanting is everyone waiting and anticipating this release?

Yes! Absolutely. Now this is assuming that it actually is in the form factor (size) of the 9000. I really wish someone would release a photo of this new phone placed next to a 9000 so that we could compare/confirm the scale of it.

01-15-11 11:01 AM
    As I am new to blackberry I am not familiar with the 9000, but the raving reviews of it makes me sad I missed that generation of bold! Even crackberry kevin said in his review that of the 9000 had the specs of the 9780 then it would be his no. 1 phone! I'm happy to see the integration of the touch screen and qwerty keyboard, I know this is the same idea as the torch, but there would be no need for any sliding!

is there any hints of release dates at all?

I am getting the 9780 so will probably give this one a skip but I am really interested in this

01-15-11 11:16 AM
    May be released in Q2/Q3

01-15-11 11:53 AM
    The original Bold was too big for my hands, it was too massive for me. But my husband loved his.
    I might want to try this out.
    jonathanbb likes this.
    01-15-11 12:06 PM
    H3ll to the mofo nah!! The Bold 9000 form factor belongs in the trash heap of RIMs history. Even if the rumored refresh had QNX and was LTE I would not want to own that brick.
    01-15-11 12:11 PM

Shout out to phoneking13. Haven't seen you in the forums for a while .
    Yeah haven't really been on lately until recently. Been caught up with kids and work, but I'm back....

01-15-11 01:36 PM
    Yes! Absolutely. Now this is assuming that it actually is in the form factor (size) of the 9000. I really wish someone would release a photo of this new phone placed next to a 9000 so that we could compare/confirm the scale of it.

Next to the Torch2 it does look a lot wider so I think it's safe to say it's gonna be 9000 size.

01-15-11 02:00 PM
    I am a BB addict! I love all the new things their coming out with and can't wait to upgrade in Novenber!

pin:311DDCBD

01-15-11 03:12 PM
    Already in line..........
    01-15-11 03:40 PM
    The original Bold was too big for my hands, it was too massive for me. But my husband loved his.
    I might want to try this out.
    The 9700 was too small for mines. Which is why I stuck with the 9000.

H3ll to the mofo nah!! The Bold 9000 form factor belongs in the trash heap of RIMs history. Even if the rumored refresh had QNX and was LTE I would not want to own that brick.
    Who knows, they may make it LTE in the final product, hopefully. We will see.
    01-15-11 03:44 PM
    I'm an android convert, but I could see getting a dakota as a secondary phone if the price is right.
    01-15-11 04:05 PM
    This is my next phone, even though that curve is catching my eye more. The ability to be on CB, touch the box, then input text with my keypad is sounding amazing.

Heck, I still love my 9700 to the ends, so this is just even better as I can wait for a white one (hopefully) when released.

01-15-11 06:02 PM
    Any word on a release date or time frame? I want a BB again but don't want to buy a 9700 if this Dakota is right around the corner.
    I would hope Rim will release it quite quickly to lock people in a contract before the new iPhone cones out this summer.

01-15-11 06:55 PM
    In a word... YES!

RIM have already stated that QNX is a long way off from being ready for their phones, and LTE is just US carrier hype that not only doesn't exist yet, but is also years away from being implemented in the UK.

01-15-11 07:31 PM
    I have to admit, having a touch screen would be quicker than a track pad for cruising through and selecting stuff from the menus.
    I would like the slightly bigger 9000 form factor too.
    It really should have LTE though.
    Now, if we can we have this with CDMA, and offered by Sprint, I'm on board!

Qbnkelt, you crushed your 9800?
    01-16-11 05:01 AM
    Yah...dropped it on the ground and backed over it with my ATV when I went to run my dogs. It was too dark in the morning to see clearly. It's toast. Won't even turn on.
    Don't think there were no four letter words coming out of my mouth. Glad the kidlets were in the house.
    01-16-11 06:07 AM
    Sometimes I wonder how we can be brothers.

This mythical phone needs releaaed already, and the legacy of Bold resumed. GSM and CDMA versions, please RIM. *bbm bat eyes*
    01-16-11 04:09 PM
    we're leaning more to the S3 ourselves,at least my wife is. i jumped ship over the holidays from the S1 to the incredible. i miss BB every day but i wont be going back until QNX is out and debugged.
    01-16-11 08:08 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD