Hey everyone,

So I've been going through the long process of switching phones to my new 9930 (yay!), but I've ran into a problem that has frustrated me with the playbook as well. It seems like bbos7 isn't combining my gmail into conversations. This is actually a big deal for me, as I communicate with my girlfriend often over email (she's away right now) and often send up to 100 a day to each other (we use it as a text messages, not 100 full blown emails). Anyhow, it takes forever to find another email if I have to scroll through 100 emails to get to it...

Any ideas? I tried setting up the email account again but no dice... is there no enhanced gmail plug-in for bbos7???
    Help! Thanks all.
    08-16-11 06:26 PM
    I had the same issue earlier. it's actually there, but a hidden icon. I forgot exactly how I did but but you show hidden icons, and it's there.. Just unhide it and you're good to go.
    08-16-11 07:49 PM
    I had the same issue earlier. it's actually there, but a hidden icon. I forgot exactly how I did but but you show hidden icons, and it's there.. Just unhide it and you're good to go.
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly... To be clear, my gmail icon is showing up, meaning I can access my inbox, as well as send/receive emails. What I'm referring to is the gmail functionality of my last phone, where it would condense email into conversations, and provide gmail specific commands like archiving messages. In my case with bbos7, it acts as a normal email account like my university email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 08:20 PM
    I think you're referring to group your emails by subject. This is not a gmail function, but standard BB inbox function, at least on my 9780.

Just go to your inbox, go to Menu -> Options -> Message Display and Actions, under Display style, choose Group by Subject.

That should do it.
    viking87 likes this.
    08-16-11 08:56 PM
    Awesome, thanks! And yeah, you're right, it isn't gmail specific, I had just assumed it to be. Thanks abunch!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-11 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD