I was really looking forward to the BB 9930. I just can not get over the fact that between the glass screen and the thumb control has a little plastic lip.

It is driving me up the wall. My thumb gets caught on it all the time. It is really annoying On my older bold it was one piece of glass so your thumb would be smooth even if you touched the screen.

also...why can't anyone upload youtube videos?
    02-16-12 03:48 PM
    if it's really bothering you, you should re-consider a replacement.
    stantheman78 likes this.
    02-16-12 03:49 PM
    Must have an odd ball device. Mine is smooth... well... a tiny lip from screen protector. Nothing to complain about for me.
    02-16-12 03:50 PM
    I wonder if it is just mine or the entire fleet. I am on verizon. I can see where it stick out a hair.
    02-16-12 03:53 PM
    I have the same issue with my 9900; it also irritates me that they make a squeaking noise.

Build quality has dropped. Everything about the 9900 has been rushed without proper testing.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-16-12 04:05 PM
    On my VZW 9930, the plastic strip that is used for the call, menu, escape, and end buttons if ever so slightly higher than the glass of the screen. It's such a small amount that I honestly haven't really noticed it.

I think it's a little extreme to say that the build quality has dropped and that the device was rushed based on a small, very small lip between the button strip and the screen... Wanna see cheap build quality, go pick up a Samsung device...
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-16-12 04:25 PM
    Mine also has a slight height difference between the two pieces but nothing my thumb actually gets caught on. I can just feel it a little bit. I noticed it more when I first got it, but don't even notice it any more. If it bothers you that much, why not swap it out?
    02-16-12 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD