My blackberry 9900 keeps scrolling up by itself while I am chatting in BBM or when I click on Contacts or at times in facebook too but never on home screen. It just scrolls up in BBM and scrolls down in contacts usually. It happens very randomly. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a software bug or a hardware issue? Tried reloading OS, wiping handheld couple of times and even using it without any third party app with just BBM contacts, emails and phone contacts. I even tried installing the leaked OS 7.0.0.317 but same issues there too. So I again wiped and downgraded to 7.0.0.296 but problem still there. Please help me.
    Thanks in advance

Qaiser
    08-21-11 12:22 PM
    There are a couple of other threads on the track pad moving on its own. I called Verizon to discuss and there was no discussion.............sending me new one due Wednesday. Hope this helps.

Link to other post on issue

Hankster1988
    Last edited by hankster1988; 08-21-11 at 12:45 PM. Reason: spelling and added link to other post on topic
    08-21-11 12:41 PM
    Try downloading the .340 software. It seems better for me and my device
    I noticed the trackpad was buggy in the browser but the new software seems much better!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 12:41 PM
    Can I install .340 for BB 9900? Aint this for 9930 only?
    08-21-11 12:50 PM
    There are a couple of other threads on the track pad moving on its own. I called Verizon to discuss and there was no discussion.............sending me new one due Wednesday. Hope this helps.

Link to other post on issue

Hankster1988
    Thank You Hankster. The problem here is that my carrier won't give me DOA as they can't find any problem with my device (Like i said it happens randomly and to my bad luck, whenever I take it to them, my blackberry acts normal). What to do? Is there any fix?
    08-21-11 01:00 PM
    No idea about a fix (yet anyway). Mine was scrolling up the entire morning earlier and now it's not scrolling on its own at all! I have no idea....but I'm going to bet it's a hardware problem. Maybe even temperature related to the trackpad assembly. Hey you never know.

And no, it's not only in the browser....mine scrolls on the Home screen and highlights the top 'bar' area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-11 01:11 PM
    My Bold 9900 does this too... And it seems to only do it when I'm in broad daylight. Maybe temperature does have something to do with it...? I hope this problem gets solved or if I can even get a new phone (I have a warranty with AT&T :-) )
    04-11-12 08:03 AM
    this happens to me once in a while, I just let it do its thing, and then I carry on and be BOLD
    04-11-12 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD