Here's a quick suggestion ...

Why doesn't RIMM release the Bold 9900 whenever and a month later tell everyone that QNX is coming to the Bold 9900.

They are getting worse news by the minute and what have they got to lose. Then next year release better phones with better hardware to handle the QNX better. Even if we got a basic version of QNX would keep some people a bit more interested and get people more excited about proper QNX phones coming out next year.

I know for a fact that when the 9900 drops , I wont be selling it for a QNX blackberry next year unless it comes in the same form factor but with better hardware . Even then I wouldn't be to pushed to sell my Bold 9900. I would be quiet happy with a basic version of QNX for now or until my next 9900 lookalike in a few years time .

I have even given my torch to my sister and Im back on my old and busted 8310 . To be honest i much prefer it and after a week of use Im even more excited about my Bold 9900.

I want my Bold 9900 , ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    06-17-11 12:36 PM
    Here's a quick suggestion ...

Why doesn't RIMM release the Bold 9900 whenever and a month later tell everyone that QNX is coming to the Bold 9900.
    Because the 99xx will never get QNX.
    06-17-11 12:53 PM
    They cannot. The OS 7 devices lack the processor to run QNX.
    06-17-11 12:55 PM
    Not even a basic version
    06-17-11 01:11 PM
    I understand what you are trying to say. RIM is in desperate need of some positive press. So far the best they can do is look at this flashy device that you may have two months from now.
    06-17-11 01:46 PM
    Honestly,
    I think QNX will do nothing major for Rim. Kind of like Palm relying on Web OS to get them out of trouble, it really never materialized.

I like my BB but I use it as a back up now. Even when the 9900 comes out, it will be my back up. It doesn't have the power or quality apps to push it to the next level.

The more I rely on my Android, the less I see the reason to keep my BB.
    I basically use my Torch when I am out doing things where I don't need heavy power, basically a weekend phone.

I do hope RIM can lead the pack again, but it's looking more and more bleak with BIS/BES.
    06-17-11 10:29 PM
    I hope everyone read today in the NYTimes that the Superphone that RIM will release will run QNX, with a single core processor, the very one that is in the Bold 9900, meaning this one WILL be able to run QNX.
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-28-11 01:02 PM
    I hope everyone read today in the NYTimes that the Superphone that RIM will release will run QNX, with a single core processor, the very one that is in the Bold 9900, meaning this one WILL be able to run QNX.
    Link? 10 Char
    06-28-11 01:08 PM
    Yep i just read it, if that's the case why can't they upgrade the Bold 9900 to QNX

EDIT: link is on N4BB.com
    06-28-11 01:13 PM
    Link? 10 Char
    10″ PlayBook Production Stopped In Favor of First BlackBerry �Superphone� � N4BB � News for BlackBerry � leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews

@xTALIBANx
    well, RIM said that the reason why we wont see QNX on the OS 7 devices is because it'll require a dual-core processor

but if it's indeed true that the first QNX smartphone will be running on a singe-core processor, then... well...
    i still think we wont be able to upgrade os 7 to QNX on the bold 9900 ; )
    Last edited by Seijuro; 06-28-11 at 01:19 PM.
    06-28-11 01:16 PM
    06-28-11 01:17 PM
    Yep i just read it, if that's the case why can't they upgrade the Bold 9900 to QNX

EDIT: link is on N4BB.com
    I'll tell you why, RIM is the SLOWEST company out there when it comes to development. ****, they can't even get email on the PlayBook, so why offer it on a handheld where your strength is email?

RIM is pissing me off.
    06-28-11 01:18 PM
    This is PRECISELY why stockholders are FURIOUS with RIM, as are most power users who are loyal....RIM promised us this awesome new OS, said it HAS TO HAVE a dual core, not realize they cannot deliver and will backtrack on their promise, which also means the performance will suffer tremendously. There is not way that a single core processor can run this as effectively as a dual core, as it was designed to tun on a dual core. So delays, delays and more delays, plus all the broken promises.

This is why everyone is getting sick of RIM's poor leadership and horrible foresight.

Time to make a change, RIM, and I mean FIRING the leaders who have done this to a once proud company. Sure, you're liquid, but you're not viably valuable to the average user, which is where your power base lies.

We're all leaving because you lied to us.
    06-28-11 01:27 PM
    hey, im not leaving : p
    im excited for the bold 9900 and os7

i dont care about full touchscreen phones...and since the first qnx phone will be a full touchscreen phone, its not for me
    i'll be enjoying my 9900 and when a physical keyboard qnx smartphone gets released, i'll be the first to buy it

we'll see, its not even confirmed it wont be a dual-core processor
    at this point its just rumors

im having a way bigger problem... i love my contract, but my carrier (O2) wont upgrade their hspa speed, its 7,2mbps max for them..
    so i'll have to switch, the only other carrier i'd choose is tmobile.. they offer 14,4mbps (which the 9900 will support)
    the only problem is: they only offer 24 months agreements..

so...
    o2 = 7,2mbps
    tmobile =24months

both completely unacceptable, i hope i'll have luck and tmobile will help me out a little, i'll pay more i dont care, but 24months is way too long, i want to be able to upgrade my phone every year
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-28-11 01:33 PM
    Torch was pretty close to perfect in regards to what I wanted out of a phone minus the cpu.
    Torch 2 would be perfect but I'm not going to go back to AT&T.

So Bold Touch will be a pretty good option. I've regretted every single full-touch phone I've owned, including the Thunderbolt.
    johnmarki and kbz1960 like this.
    06-28-11 01:40 PM
    If they could offer some kind of deal with the promise of a discount on a future QNX phone I think people would upgrade.
    06-28-11 04:08 PM
    I think so too... with RIM being slammed... they are turning into the uncool people like Sony...

QNX onto phones would be nice. People would know their investment isn't going to be a junk 1 year later. I mean yes, they do need to sell hardware to make money... but asking people to replace after a year is also quite unreasonable.. they've done it before.. but not this time.

Since RIM's losing market share... I think they should be worry about keeping your existing fans than... pissing them off and letting them goto the iDevice/Droids.
    06-28-11 04:55 PM
    Honestly,
    I think QNX will do nothing major for Rim. Kind of like Palm relying on Web OS to get them out of trouble, it really never materialized.

I like my BB but I use it as a back up now. Even when the 9900 comes out, it will be my back up. It doesn't have the power or quality apps to push it to the next level.

The more I rely on my Android, the less I see the reason to keep my BB.
    I basically use my Torch when I am out doing things where I don't need heavy power, basically a weekend phone.

I do hope RIM can lead the pack again, but it's looking more and more bleak with BIS/BES.
    I absolutely agree with this statement. The damage is done and there is no going back unless you reinvent the wheel.
    06-28-11 11:52 PM
    QNX runs fine on a single core CPU. I've ran it on a 486. I have no idea where this bull**** story comes from but QNX has been out there for decades.
    johnmarki likes this.
    06-29-11 01:53 AM
    And more questions arise...... After reading this story about the 10" playbook being nixed, it seems that our beloved QNX devices might be sporting a 1.2GHz single core after all.

"That same source said the reasoning for it was to focus on the upcoming BlackBerry QNX powered superphones which will include specs like:

Single-core 1.2GHz processor (same as Bold 9900), word has it that the same dual-core processor in PlayBook is a huge battery killer, but a dual-core processor is still a possibility
    900+ screen resolution
    4.3″ touchscreen"

Ahhh. I foresee a QNX update for the Bold 9900 in the distant future.
    AbuYazeedUK and johnmarki like this.
    06-29-11 06:06 AM
    If they could offer some kind of deal with the promise of a discount on a future QNX phone I think people would upgrade.
    You must be joking. How many phone makers do that? Some of you are expecting way too much of the "warm and fuzzy" than is practical. All the Mfgs come out with new phones every year and if you wish, you do not need to buy them.

I, personally, never want to see QNX on a RIM phone. If it was anything like the PlayBook introduction . . . . . well I think from the recent news, RIM has learned it's lesson and will be concentrating on what is important to their survival.
    06-29-11 06:51 AM

Single-core 1.2GHz processor (same as Bold 9900)

Ahhh. I foresee a QNX update for the Bold 9900 in the distant future.
    That's what i'm hoping for (if i need QNX)
    06-29-11 07:22 AM
    RIM should atleast put a date out there for the QNX devies. It would let ppl know to wait or to buy the 9900/9930 now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 07:54 AM
    Whether or not the new Bold series gets QNX isn't really that big of a deal to me. I would love it, but its not a decision maker for me right now. However, I feel that RIM, if possible, will absolutely push QNX to the 9900/9930 when the time is right (kind of a teaser for the super-phone release). I think QNX is going to be a game changer for RIM. RIM has already been working on implementing a QNX device for vehicles, that will let it control certain aspects of the vehicle and integrate the playbook and handhelds into the users daily commutes seamlessly. (Think, throwing your blackberry in the cup holder or w/e and the in dash screen automatically syncing your contacts, media, apps, navigation, email, BBM, calls over the sound system, etc.) Plus, the acquisition of QNX will give RIM the ability to exclusively market this to manufacturers. Audi, BMW and GMC already have development versions and this could be utilized by BlackBerry even further. I can already envision Audi with a Playbook built into the dash pushing emails, txts, calls, BBM right from my BB in the integrated dock! Now that would be sweet!

QNX lets BlackBerry PlayBook became in-car controller

On Q: Autoweek: QNX drives new Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system

On Q: QNX to provide OS for Audi's "MIB High" infotainment system

Sorry, I couldnt find the BMW link.
    Last edited by johnmarki; 06-29-11 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Link Correction
    06-29-11 08:06 AM
    Unless RIM can come up with a traditional style BlackBerry form factor that has made them who they are and can utilize QNX to it's full capibillites, and somehow evolve it into a device that people will stand and take notice of in late 2012 or early 2013, then it's just RIM being RIM, following everyone's lead and then bi**h and moan they "have" to compete with US technology. My thoughts on this is simple. take BlackBerry down to just TWO devices, high end state of the art Bold QNX that comes out every year around June (right after BBW) then a low end Curve for back to school in August or September. and that sustains thier overseas market share. EOL Torch, Style...etc. Look at what high end cars sell the best? new tech with that retro look and quality automobile. Why can't RIM do the same thing? Keep the Bold's basic larger form factor, full size wide qwerty keyboard and find a damn way to optimize QNX on it? Just my thoughts, sorry.
    06-30-11 09:53 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD