10-21-11 08:11 PM
54 123
tools
    I am currently using an application called Vlingo for voice commands.
    It can conduct a mobile search, text a friend, write an email, update your status, or find a good spot to eat.
    I looked at the Apple 4S video and Vlingo looks like it can do everything Siri can do and maybe more.
    10-05-11 12:57 PM
    2) 8.0 mp camera... I have a 14.1 camera that can take far better pictures than any mobile phone available.
    The best camera is the one you have with you. I always have my BB close by. My dedicated DSLR... not so much
    I agree with the OP, a better camera is always a good idea and a useful option on a cell phone.

FaceTime and Siri? Gotta agree with you there? What a waste of time. I couldn't care less if BB never gets either of those useless apps.
    10-05-11 01:17 PM
    I think video chat on phones is next to impossible to enjoy unless both participants have the same phone and good signal quality. Besides, isn't it more fun just to ask her what she's wearing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ha!!!!

Seriously though, the times have video chatted have been far and few between, and I have never VCed with someone with the same device. I have done Skype to see my babies while on the road for extended periods, and so my mom can see the grand-kids.

I mostly do Skype or ooVoo from phone to computer.
    10-05-11 01:18 PM
    The best camera is the one you have with you. I always have my BB close by. My dedicated DSLR... not so much
    I agree with the OP, a better camera is always a good idea and a useful option on a cell phone.

FaceTime and Siri? Gotta agree with you there? What a waste of time. I couldn't care less if BB never gets either of those useless apps.
    Very well said re: bolded part.
    nomi1978 likes this.
    10-05-11 01:19 PM
    I dont care about 8mpx, front cam nor SIRI
    RIM just give my damn auto-focus back!

It is nearly impossible to take any close shot photo!!

I was excited about getting the 9900 in exchange for my iPhone 4, so I went to the store and asked for a hands-on. I loved it, but was shocked to know that the cam didn't have AF.

I would definitely agree to this. I know it is just a minor spec miss, but an AF feature does wonders to pictures.

Also, I heard that battery life wasn't good? Any truth to this? I have been a BB 9700 user for 3 months, and I regret that I sold it...
    10-09-11 05:00 AM
    "The BB 9900 needs 8.0 megapixel and SIRI"

its like saying the iphone needs a physical keypad.....
    Last edited by LiteBulb; 10-09-11 at 11:47 AM.
    chasvs, canguler13 and 3migo like this.
    10-09-11 07:07 AM
    No it doesn't. If YOU want those things, go get an iPhone and leave the 9900/9930 ALONE!
    canguler13 and DCAce like this.
    10-09-11 07:39 AM
    I was excited about getting the 9900 in exchange for my iPhone 4, so I went to the store and asked for a hands-on. I loved it, but was shocked to know that the cam didn't have AF.

I would definitely agree to this. I know it is just a minor spec miss, but an AF feature does wonders to pictures.

Also, I heard that battery life wasn't good? Any truth to this? I have been a BB 9700 user for 3 months, and I regret that I sold it...
    If close up pictures is what YOU want, get a different phone and leave the 9900/9930 ALONE! I Love the form factor and feel of the 9930 and do NOT want it thicker and heavier just so you can have AF in your camera!
    10-09-11 07:41 AM
    C'on. No need for name calling and getting rude. Some ppl would like their phones to be perfect and be the best thing ever. That's it. If u are comfortable with urs the weay it is, its cool, just don't get rude with ppl like that. We are all in the same boat. We loce RIM. We love their phones and we want to tell the world that we are the best in all that.

10-09-11 08:28 AM
    I want a better camera overall. I don't care if its AF with 8 meg pixels or 5mg with AF or 5 mg w/o AF. I don't care as long as it can take Quality pics.

10-09-11 08:30 AM
    As for Siri, one of the reason that I have a BB is bc I love to txt and email and I love the physical Keyboard. I don't need something else that I talk to.

10-09-11 08:32 AM
    Why are people still responding to this rubbish?

The OP is a fool, and is famous for starting pointless threads just to get a reaction.

Please let this thread die the slow and painful death it deserves...

BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    10-09-11 08:33 AM
    This is a open forum but please THINK before posting.
    did you just dis the OP for providing some fodder for this open forum?

shame on you? how old are you?

how can i take away the thanks the others have given you?
    10-09-11 09:19 AM
    lol Siri..... bunch of lazy people who thinks they're cool by talking to their phone.
    10-09-11 09:30 AM
    Megapixel doesn't make a huge difference its the sensor that matters they could throw 20 MP on a phone wouldn't matter if the sensor was to small because more pixels equals more noise and you get grainier pics.

10-09-11 10:13 AM
    Funny thread
    Bb 9900 needs 8mp and siri

Just because the iPhone 4s has it

10-09-11 11:48 AM
    did you just dis the OP for providing some fodder for this open forum?

shame on you? how old are you?

how can i take away the thanks the others have given you?
    Let me get this straight... I've dissed the OP because I said he/she should think before posting? Wow, some people are soo easily offended these days.
    10-09-11 12:09 PM
    I don't care much for Siri or a front facing camera but a better camera that can take some close-up shots and some built-in editing software would be awesome.
    10-10-11 01:45 PM
    Let's check back in a year and see how many people still use Siri on their 4S regularly.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    10-10-11 02:34 PM
    Let's check back in a year and see how many people still use Siri on their 4S regularly.
    The more important question is how many people will still be on i4S, and how many will remain on that platform.
    10-10-11 02:57 PM
    OP, I just want one thing on my 9900. The light saber app. and it makes the BB into a real Light Saber, but I guess that only happens in a galaxy far far away......
    10-10-11 03:21 PM
    I should have named the thread: 8.0 megapixel, auto focus, and SIRI.
    10-20-11 04:54 PM
    All I need for the 9900 is to get it from AT&T already and ditch this torch.
    Don't get me wrong. Torch is a great phone. I enjoy it, but I want to have the bold.

10-20-11 05:02 PM
    I remember my Tour had a 3.2 MP camera and I was super happy. Now we have a 5MP camera and it is even better but I would not be opposed to that. I think BlackBerry will put a front facing camera, flash and some kind of SIRI type on their QNX / BBX phone but for many BB users the front facing camera and the SIRI deal are not important. This is just a matter of choice and not better or worse.
    This is why the OS7 BlackBerries will be here for many, many years. Some people don't want more than what they have. For those that do, BBX will be a nice addition to the line-up.
    10-20-11 05:26 PM
    Siri is just a fad like Facetime was.

Don't know of too many people using FT anymore...
    10-20-11 05:27 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD