I think Bold 9900 doesn't need to have fastest browser in the world it must be fast enough to not be inconvenient.

I think Bold 9900 doesn't need to have smoothest video player in the world it must be smooth enough to not be inconvenient.

What are some of the important factors to smartphone user experience?

‎1.Delightful UI
    2.Fast/Smooth/Responsive OS.
    3.Browsing experience
    4.Gorgeous Screen
    5.Apps/Games
    6.Multimedia experience
    7.Notification system (Push Email notification/Push Facebook
    notifications etc)
    8. Messaging(Email/BBM etc)
    9.Keyboard Quality
    10.Aesthtics & Formfactor (Some like Querty/Querty &
    Trackpad/ Some all touch)
    11.Battery Life

I think If Bold 9900 gets a check for all but point 5. I think this is good enough for me.
    I agree with this! This is a great way to look at it and I agree. Hopefully they can do something about the app structure. The new GPU/CPU is capable of more than before.

Edit: Excellent! Thanks for the video comparison.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 07-20-11 at 02:18 AM.
    07-20-11 02:15 AM
    What company do you have it for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well, this has no logo, no startup splash screen.

it says " made in canada" at the back.

pressing : left alt + left shift + H takes me straight to engeneering screen contents
    07-20-11 02:15 AM
    07-20-11 02:38 AM
    In the browser comparison, are they both on the same wifi? it looks as if the iphone is running on a 3g type signal and the bold is running on wifi. Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me! Let me know. If the 9900 browser is really on par with the ios browser we may have a break through.
    07-20-11 02:41 AM
    yes, both are on the same WiFi network.
    Yes, the BB9900 has an awesome browser, still the i4 browser has more screen space making it a slightly better experience, because you tend to pan up/down/left/right less often on the i4.
    but the bb9900 is better than any bb till today .. a good move ahead...
    robtanz likes this.
    07-20-11 02:46 AM
    ok, the phone needs to go back...but questions are sill welcome..
    07-20-11 02:47 AM
    Youtube looks great.Thanks.Other owners also reporting the same thing.

Super fast browser
    Smooth video playback
    Great display
    Fast responsive OS

When will this launch in India??
    07-20-11 02:50 AM
    Yeah I'm trying to decide between a 9900, mytouch 4g slide, sensation, or g2x. The only concern I've had with android phones is their quality control is terrible. Almost ever phone has had defects which is why they lose value so quickly. Blackberry's hold their value quite well. I'm pretty impressed with the browser on this phone, and this phone overall. It doesn't look like it would get outdated very soon.
    07-20-11 02:52 AM
    I did just that...
    i got myself an i4 and with 3G on with 5 email accounts being PUSHED, my battery was dead by 7pm, on the other hand, by BB 9780 with 3G lasted till the next morning.

This was my biggest problem and now with the BB9900, i'm reluctant because of the small battery ONLY. i could not test the battery life, but if it handles well, then this is my next phone for sure.

NEWS : REDINGTON has decided to go very heavy on India and just got news that maybe redington will launch the BB 9900 here in India by 2nd or 12th of Aug (Rs.29999 = US$666)- UNLOCKED, NO CONTRACT AND NO BANDING LOGO's.
    ritesh likes this.
    07-20-11 03:06 AM
    I see. Thanks. If you have time could you post a video of how it snaps pictures? I'm curious to see how it focuses with the new lense.
    07-20-11 03:29 AM
    Wow very nice, thanks for the vids and feedback
    07-20-11 03:48 AM
    Dang $666 seems like bad luck
    07-20-11 05:11 AM
    Browser speed looks to be excellent!!

very impressive
    07-20-11 05:18 AM
    The performance is fantastic. Looking forward to it. Thanks for taking time to make videos etc.
    07-20-11 05:39 AM
    Only if you were in a Christian nation.

as 666 is spoken about in the Book of Revelations

India is hardly a Christian nation having approximately 80% following Hinduism

in Hindu 6 is the symbolic representation of the mind,
    Hindu has no significant numbers beyond 10, so $666 if someone wanted to read into it is 3 (Grand scheme of creation) 6's (Representation of the mind and intelligence) so it could be a pretty significant number.
    I am far from a person who studies numbers or religions so I could be somewhat wrong, but I am near positive that 666 only has significance in Christianity
    ritesh likes this.
    07-20-11 05:39 AM

NEWS : REDINGTON has decided to go very heavy on India and just got news that maybe redington will launch the BB 9900 here in India by 2nd or 12th of Aug (Rs.29999 = US$666)- UNLOCKED, NO CONTRACT AND NO BANDING LOGO's.
    Superb news. Below 30000 and I am grabbing it on day 1, else will wait till it drops sub 30 .
    07-20-11 06:40 AM
    Only if you were in a Christian nation.

as 666 is spoken about in the Book of Revelations

India is hardly a Christian nation having approximately 80% following Hinduism

in Hindu 6 is the symbolic representation of the mind,
    Hindu has no significant numbers beyond 10, so $666 if someone wanted to read into it is 3 (Grand scheme of creation) 6's (Representation of the mind and intelligence) so it could be a pretty significant number.
    I am far from a person who studies numbers or religions so I could be somewhat wrong, but I am near positive that 666 only has significance in Christianity
    Wow.Being a Hindu ( though I dont follow it to the T), I didnot know all this. Thanks.
    Neither does 13 bring any bad luck to us Only a black cat crossing our path does and so does killing a cat, where you need to donate a cat made of gold in the holy ganges. blah blah . Religion is all humbug.

P.S. Cows are holy to us, but i love a juicy steak. :-)
    Last edited by ritesh; 07-20-11 at 06:46 AM.
    07-20-11 06:44 AM
    Are we dicussing Religion or the 9900 ?

Well the 9900 is near a religious symbol

and a QNX Blackberry can possibly be linked to the quest for the holy grail, soooooo isn't it one and the same?
    07-20-11 07:08 AM
    I did just that...
    i got myself an i4 and with 3G on with 5 email accounts being PUSHED, my battery was dead by 7pm, on the other hand, by BB 9780 with 3G lasted till the next morning.

This was my biggest problem and now with the BB9900, i'm reluctant because of the small battery ONLY. i could not test the battery life, but if it handles well, then this is my next phone for sure.

Where did u get this news from...specially the dates?
    I want thm to b true though

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-20-11 07:19 AM
    $666 is the approximate conversion from INR to USD. These exchange rates change everyday and hence hardly a bad omen.
    07-20-11 07:48 AM
    Great job to the op!

07-20-11 08:55 AM
    Does the text word wrap in the browser?

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk
    tumer likes this.
    07-20-11 11:12 AM
    Note that on the second test where the fruit phone appears to edge out the 9900 it does not load the the row of images.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    07-20-11 12:59 PM
    Does the text word wrap in the browser?

Sent from my HTC Status using Tapatalk
    I would really like some clarification on this too. I have read and seen that it has the "double tap" zoom word wrap but does that always work as it should?

I know with BB6 some sites it will do that first level zoom and wrap it and other times it won't. And of course 6 won't word wrap as you zoom in further yet.

Will the 99xx wrap as you pinch to zoom in further. That is such a huge deal IMO when trying to do any reading on a website. Especially as I age! My HTC Merge (that I recently shelved to go back to my 9650) would word wrap even if the text was so large that you were only getting one word per line. And that was awesome if the 99xx did the same.

Thanks!
    07-20-11 01:17 PM
    Yes I am the same way. Love the way Android word wraps and really hoping it does. Would really complete the browser experience
    07-20-11 01:41 PM
139 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD