I have just switched from a 9000 to the 9900. I have tried to log in to my Apps world with what I am sure is the correct password but recieved an incorrect message. I believe I only tried twice and the same happened. I changed my password on the phone and now recieve a message 'Unable to log in to your Blackberry ID account' when I try to log in. Also, under my Blackberry ID Username on the sign on screen is a message in red 'Attempt 2/10. The curious thing is I can log in under the new password on my PlayBook with no issue at all - this is the password I created on the new phone - therefore I can log into the app world with this ID and password, just not on the phone.

Can anyone help?
    08-17-11 06:09 AM
    I had to activate my wifi and connect to a wireless network. I then went through it and it logged on fine! - It's all very strange....
    08-18-11 08:03 AM
    I'm having the same problem.

I had a curve 3G which I have just swapped for a Bold 9900 (only been a BB handset user for about 1 month).

My BB ID works on the playbook; works on my laptop when accessing app world online, and I can even update apps on my phone provided that I login on the website, and then connect my Bold to update / install new apps.

I've tried changing the password for my ID, and again, new password etc. works on PB & via latop, but not on the Bold.

Wifi and bluetooth tethering work as well (don't know about bridge yet).

I even get notifications on the handset to tell me of available updates for my apps, but then my login isn't recognised.

Seriously stuck.
    08-25-11 08:31 AM
    Worse comes to worse you can go to the app world website and just change your password. The exact same thing happened to me last week.
    https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...Y3QueGh0bWw%3D
    08-25-11 01:53 PM
    That was one of the first things I did.

When I switched on my PB shortly afterwards it asked for my BB ID, I entered the new password, and no problems.

I try and do the same on my 9900- new password - but still not recognised.

I'm thinking the only option left is to try signing up for a new ID and then download all apps again. But, i'm reluctant to do this as getting Paypal to play nice with App World was quite a chore + I assume i'll lose paid-for-apps associated with my redundant ID.
    08-29-11 12:55 AM
    I suggest you call up blackberry support and ask them to sort this out. It's something wrong with their servers.
    08-29-11 03:28 AM
    This happened to my gf's 9900. After speaking with rim's tech support I was instructed to reload the OS via DM which corrected the issue.
    09-04-11 10:21 AM
    This happened to my gf's 9900. After speaking with rim's tech support I was instructed to reload the OS via DM which corrected the issue.
    THAT is the only solution?
    Isn't that a little preposterous?
    There has got to be a better fix. Why don't they just reset their servers?
    What a goof!
    11-15-11 05:20 PM
    @Woody BB 70 If you keep receiving an error while trying to sign in to App World on your BB device, first try delete/boot/install/boot App World before reloading the OS.

If the first option doesn't work, go to App World on your computer (make sure you have the app world plugin installed or have admin rights on the PC) connect your 9900 to your computer (via USB) and sign in to App World. You should still be able to sync all of your paid apps with your current handset. If you are still having trouble see below.

If that doesn't work, call your carrier's tech line, and ask for a BIS level support rep. If the carrier tech needs to know why, BBID issue, can't sign into App World. The RIM level tech will ask if you all the usual questions but if you find yourself at this spot, you will probably need to wipe your phone and reload the OS (A major pain I know)

There is a fix with a module they can send you for OS 6 devices, but I asked them to send it to me and I got a Java Null error as a result, so no love for the OS 7 yet. You mentioned that you may just create a new BBID and ask RIM to just port everything over, I would mention that to the RIM level tech, if you go that route. It would be a shame to lose all the money you paid for those apps. Hope you find your answers.

Cheers,
    11-15-11 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD