Hey guys, I just bought a BB Bold 9900 from rogers today . However like my old phones, I let the battery die all the way on the first charge. I then fully charge it. I am worried that if I let the battery die completely it will brick. Can anyone tell me the odds of it bricking the phone? Thanks Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 11:28 PM
    Slim, but the odds of you shortening your battery life are much better. Why you insist on running a Li-on battery down like that is beyond me.

FACT: That's as bad as running a car battery down to the point where it won't start your car.
    11-13-11 11:34 PM
    Oh so I shouldn't do that? How would you reccomend to get the most of the battery? thanks

11-13-11 11:37 PM
    Just charge it evry night if you can go the day without charging it

11-13-11 11:39 PM
    Here's a little BB Tip from the site that talks about charging:

BlackBerry 101: Charging your battery | CrackBerry.com

"In fact, the only real trick to remember is to make sure the battery doesn't get too low. A study by Cadex found that many Li-ion batteries fail due to being over-discharged."

Hope it helps!
    11-13-11 11:51 PM
    There are several articles in the forums that gives great advise on modern day batteries. Letting your battery die now days is not a good idea. The science and technology on batteries has changed.
    11-13-11 11:52 PM
    Oh lol, wow you guys are helpful thx to everyone

I didn't know that the batteries were that different lol.

I

11-13-11 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD