I know I have read about this several times on here and even searched the forums. However, I cannot seem to find quite what I am looking for. Someone I know just received their new 9930 because I liked mine so much. However, she got this as a replacement to her android phone. It will not turn on and shows the battery with the x icon. Has anyone been able to fix this issue? It's quite sad that Verizon is shipping out bad refurbs if it really is a broken phone. I also have reason to believe it is not a bad battery. It has been plugged into various cables and different chargers and none of them worked.
    11-12-11 01:08 AM
    Like this? http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post6840645

You could try a new battery, but it sounds bricked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 01:24 AM
    I know I have read about this several times on here and even searched the forums. However, I cannot seem to find quite what I am looking for. Someone I know just received their new 9930 because I liked mine so much. However, she got this as a replacement to her android phone. It will not turn on and shows the battery with the x icon. Has anyone been able to fix this issue? It's quite sad that Verizon is shipping out bad refurbs if it really is a broken phone. I also have reason to believe it is not a bad battery. It has been plugged into various cables and different chargers and none of them worked.
    Is the battery icon in the middle of the screen with a red "X" through it? If so the 9930 doesn't recognize that it has a battery in it. Try putting your battery in. If it powers up have her call Verizon and and they will send her out a replacement. If it still doesn't power up it's a bad unit. I highly doubt it's bricked though.
    11-12-11 01:33 AM
    Is the battery icon in the middle of the screen with a red "X" through it? If so the 9930 doesn't recognize that it has a battery in it. Try putting your battery in. If it powers up have her call Verizon and and they will send her out a replacement. If it still doesn't power up it's a bad unit. I highly doubt it's bricked though.
    Unfortunately I am across the country from her. I told her to go to a verizon store and ask them to try a new battery. It doesn't look good but I'm hoping for the best.
    11-12-11 02:09 AM
    Per the link posted above the solution may be re-installing an OS with the battery OUT of the phone. I also recommend .503 and using BBDM to recognize and update the phone with the new OS. If that doesn't work then remove your SIM card and Memory card and try installing the OS like that. RIM probably has the OS installed without the battery, SIM, or Memory card when they build them.

11-12-11 03:03 AM
    Everybody is brick happy nowadays!! Your problem is a battery problem, either you bought a knockoff battery or RIM forgot to program it. There are 3 solutions to this problem:

1) Take the battery out, power the phone with you wall charger, once powered let the phone do what it can do, then put the battery in. That should do it. If not...
    2) Buy a knock off battery on ebay, they come with a code programmer, but you still will need a good battery to program the ones not working
    3) Have Verizon replace your battery

Ofcourse you can confirm it is indeed a battery problem by borrowing someone else's battery to test...

11-12-11 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD