Might get my bold 9900 soon, just wondering what's the best thing to do once I get it in my hands? Some people say let the battery die fully first then charge it? Why though? Or can I just use it and then let it fully charge? What do yall prefer? What will make my battery last longer and more efficient? Any tips will help, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-11 01:33 AM
    Mine wouldn't take a full charge until I ran it into the red. I did not let it fully die though. I also turn off my gps and wifi and am getting about 18 to 20 hours of use. Streaming and downloading use up the battery faster but that is the norm. You will really enjoy your new Bold! Makes you feel like a kid with a new bike.

09-24-11 08:35 AM
    I think letting it go through a couple of full cycles helped. It was pretty bad for me before I did this. But I also wiped and reloaded to .353 and this furthered my battery life too. I dimmed it as well. There's not much difference when you set it from 70 to 10. It lasts me at least 12hrs with heavy usage during the day (a lot music playing loud, a ton of txt msgs/email, browsing/replying on crackberry for a good 2hrs lol, dling apps-used this is an interval timer for my workouts, talking on the phone in total of 2hrs)... I still had 11pct left by 1130pm from a discharge at 9am. It would have been longer if I idled it for couple hrs, but I can't keep my hands off it.

09-24-11 08:48 AM
    Delete Social Feed if you don't use it. It's a battery sucker.
    09-24-11 09:26 AM
    This is what I usually do when I get a new phone:

- Charge it for 16 hours for the first time
    - Let it die after charging it for the first time

I then charge it normally
    09-24-11 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD