anyone getting this?
    I ordered two last night for me and a friend. I figured, I'm only paying 13 bucks and that's pretty much a steal so what's the risk?
    I'll definitely put up a review/comparison when the battery comes in to inform the rest of you guys
    Last edited by Brov; 08-22-11 at 10:26 AM.
    08-22-11 10:20 AM
    I dumped all the 3rd party apps (incl. BeBuzz 4.0.84 and UberSocial) and only have the new QuickLaunch, Poynt, Wikitude and Bloomberg Mobile. Nothing running in the background, all "pull" apps signed-off and shutdown until I use them (twitter, etc), i.e. on demand instead of on standby.

Second thing I did was to use the travel charger that came with my 8900 instead of the one that came with the 9900 and charged/discharged the phone a couple of times throughout the course of the last few days - allow for software to gauge battery discharge levels better.

Battery life seems to have improved noticeably but with heavy use battery will run down to 10% in 10 hours ... 8am - 6pm ... and I mean heavy use - not just staring at some pretty wallpaper and poking around the menus.

Heavy use for me: 1 to 1� hrs of phone calls, 40-50 BBM, ~ 25-35 txt msgs, ~30-40 emails in/out, BBNews browsing/reading news headlines ~ � hour, using browser for about �-1hr ... I notice greatest % rise in battery discharge rate while using the phone's browser - in a � hour browsing session, battery easily drops by 15% if not more (and the phone gets hot!!).

One thing I noticed is that Wikitude sucks the life out of the battery! I don't think I'll be using that app very much.

BTW, I've learned elsewhere that "charging" the phone using the USB cable attached to your computer is considered as a "trickle charge" as opposed to a faster and deeper charge through an electric plug-in device. Trickle charging is good for topping off the battery or adding that extra little juice, but best to use a proper charger for better results.

Thanks man. I kept a few apps that I use on a regular basis (Google maps, blackberry traffic, twitter, facebook, wordpress, bebuzz, weather channel, quick launch, quick weather, poynt, and a few others) Of those apps, I think google maps and the official RIM made apps are the only ones that are BB7 optimized.

Did you find the QuickLaunch new version on AppWorld? I can't find it, and I'm thinking its the older BB OS versions of apps that are killing my battery.

I goto task manager and shut down any apps that are not needed (esp GPS ones) to try to save life.

Unfortunately, I am away from my Windows desktop and am out with my Mac laptop, which means that BB Desktop Manager for Mac doesn't let me load unofficial OS (as far as I can tell). Which sucks, because I bet thats also part of the problem. Oh well, the phone still rocks!
    08-22-11 10:56 AM
    I'm still working on my first day, I got a sceond battery for free when I bought the 9930. So I'm excited to see how the life goes as the days go by. It takes a few complete discharges before it's at what one can expect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 11:17 AM
    So when I pull my 9900 out of the box brand new, should I run the battery to zero and then charge it full? Or can I throw the phone onto the charger right off the bat?
    08-22-11 03:20 PM
    Did anyone get a chance to try that extended battery yet?
    08-22-11 07:41 PM
    thanks a bunch for a well written instruction.
    08-22-11 09:04 PM
    Lol shame on RIM

Check Link :
    Google

Crackberry SEO rocks!
    08-23-11 02:06 PM
    I'm still working on the batteries that I have. At this time, I have turned off the GPS (Hope that helps) and I'm working on the 2nd complete drain (not to 0) and rehcarge to get the sorftware to recognize the Battery's Capacity. Running .353 on a Sprint 9930.

08-30-11 10:59 AM
    I get 16 hours of usage before my battery is too low for radio use. I am a heavy messaging user, easily 100 sms per day, 50 bbm. 20-30 emails, and 30 mins of talk time every day, along with about 3-4 hours total for browsing, reading articles on crackberry, cnn, cracked, and the huffington post, and using facebook and twitter. Set your backlight level to 10 and autodim at 30sec and hopefully you can get similar battery life.

I'm on 353 and a Verizon 9930

08-30-11 11:10 AM
    Since going to .353 my battery has improved considerably. I can now easily get through the day on fairly heavy usage. Before, I was having to put it back on charge after seven or so hours.

08-30-11 04:30 PM
    I get better battery life on .353 than I did on my 9650 now.
    08-30-11 04:32 PM
    I have 2 days from Bold 9900. My observations:

On the first day I observed 9 hours max
    On day 2 i got around 15 hours

I then diciplined my battery. This involved talking on it for a couple hours whilst it was charging. I also kept it plugged in for 15 hours on day 3.

So this takes me to day 4, and I'm typing here with 25 percent left after 26 hours.

Bottom line, give your devices time to settle in before making your conclusions, I'm almost certain that the majority will see similar improvements after 3 days

Vodafone UK - Bold 9900

Kace
    Are you on official .296 The one that Voda UK ships with?
    08-30-11 06:53 PM
    Same here. 14-1/2 hours off the charger and sitting at 73%. 2.9%/hr discharge rate. Can't complain about that!
    08-30-11 07:08 PM
    thats good. i am instaling it tonight.
    08-30-11 07:16 PM
    .353 rocks, i am a light user and looks like i could squeeze 3-4 days out of it
    08-30-11 07:21 PM
    I just got my batteries in from that link posted earlier in the thread. Although description says 1600mAh the battery says 2200mAh. I highly doubt thats how big the capacity of these are, but once I get my rogers BB i'll surely test it out

The 2 reviewers on the newegg website say the battery they received does not fit their 9900 phone. Anyone actually using this battery?
    08-30-11 07:50 PM
    Well, newegg.com is selling a 1600mAh battery that fits the 99XX (no extra batterydoor or anything needed) for $10
    READ THE REVIEWS for this battery. I was almost sold until I did. Thanks for sharing the information anyway.
    08-30-11 09:40 PM
    thanks bro. i was gonna order that thing.
    08-30-11 09:50 PM
    Yeah and a cb member also stated his didn't fit either. Too bad. That would be a heck of a deal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 10:38 PM
    Got my extended battery and it didn't fit either. Contacting seller.

08-30-11 10:42 PM
    Got my extended battery and it didn't fit either. Contacting seller.
    where did you get your's from?

what country is the supplier in?

why are these sellers behaving like criminals?

why will they be lying that a battery will fit into 9900/9930 when they know it wont.

or arent they suppose to physically test it on a 9900/9930 before putting up for sale?
    08-31-11 06:57 AM
    On my 9900 the GPS seems to be the key. With it turned off, I can easily go 36 hours without a charge. If I'm running Traffic, it will pull the battery down 30 to 40 % in an hour.
    08-31-11 12:26 PM
    How can i disable The GPS?
    08-31-11 01:04 PM
    First of all, make sure you are not using any applications that require GPS data.

Secondly, goto > Setup > Options > Device > Location Settings > location services > switch to off.

This will unfortunately have to be retraced each time you want to use a mapping program like 'Traffic'

It will also disable 911 location feedback if you need it.....

Yes, it is a nuisance to have to do this.
    08-31-11 01:21 PM
    I'm on .296 on Vodafone UK. Had my phone since Saturday but number only ported over today. Without any phone network I ran it from 3pm on Saturday until last night without turning it off and it only dropped to 15% during that time.

Since the network came on I've been using it as much as I typically would: text/BBM/whatsapp regularly, wifi on at home and some internet/facebook browsing during the day.

I've got GPS off, and brightness down to 10 (I notice no difference at all) and after 8 hours I'm down to 70%. Really happy with that so far considering I've been downloading and setting stuff up on it today. Let's see how it settles after a few days
    08-31-11 02:14 PM
194 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD