09-20-11 09:00 PM
194 ... 23456 ...
tools
    The battery seems fine here also no issues and it last a lot longer than my bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 07:32 PM
    So far I've been using my phone consistently all day that was from 6 am this morning till now(5:34p) and my battery Is at 70 % not bad as my other bold was getting til 9pm or the next morning on a full charge

08-19-11 07:36 PM
    I absolutely think it has to do with network coverage. I think the OS in its current form has trouble managing power with the radio. My office has mediocre network coverage and it definitely drains faster there. When I get home in a better network area, it doesn't drain nearly as fast. With WiFi, even less.
    08-19-11 07:50 PM
    I absolutely think it has to do with network coverage. I think the OS in its current form has trouble managing power with the radio. My office has mediocre network coverage and it definitely drains faster there. When I get home in a better network area, it doesn't drain nearly as fast. With WiFi, even less.
    I guess that makes sense as VZ has the best coverage in the US, as far as I know, in the East Coast in particular. When I used to have my 9650, I never had less than 3 bars around the Washington, DC area at any time, including at the Subway stations (but that was a perk).

Edit: Also, I must add that this reports are making me a little worried as I wanted to get one on T-Mobile, seems that VZ is the best option, being this one a World Phone, it wouldn't matter much other than the price of the monthly fee.
    08-19-11 08:09 PM
    Consistently like sat it down for 2 hours and been using it all the other time. I can get the exact amount of time and data I used today aswell as messages sent if you like. I will leave my phone in an area where I have low coverage then a day with high and exact same charge times to see if coverage is a big factor in the battery life because at work I have full bars pretty much the whole day

Edit: "Constantly is more politically correct"

Last edited by mike-berry; 08-19-11 at 08:30 PM.
    08-19-11 08:24 PM
    Couldnt agree more! Battery sucks!!!

Would rather thicker like my old 9780 then be thin and have such bad battery life!

If i wanted crappola battery i will play with my Android. >=(
    08-19-11 08:52 PM
    It's okay for a day but yes I can't get 3 days out of it for sure.
    08-19-11 08:57 PM

Would rather thicker like my old 9780 then be thin and have such bad battery life!

What carrier do you have?
    08-19-11 09:13 PM

Wonder what it's going to be like once it gets some apps?
    08-19-11 09:25 PM
    Any reports on the newegg 1600mah battery yet?

I just got my 9930 today, verizon. So far I have been unimpressed with the battery life, but Im gonna let it drain all the way over the next few days, and do a full charge cycle.
    08-19-11 10:05 PM
    It's a wrong design apparently. Some users have said...
    08-19-11 10:07 PM
    With the smaller battery, bigger screen, and added touch I'm getting better life then on my 9650. If I was even getting the same I would be happy. Yesterday I got about 14 hours with heavy usage and today I got about 11.5 due to conference calls. Over I'm verry happy with the device and the battery.

My backlight setting is 10/10 auto dim. Been running that same setting for last few Blackberry devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-19-11 10:12 PM
    I'm not all that happy with my battery either
    08-19-11 10:20 PM
    My battery life has pretty much sucked. I can only go about 6 hours before it needs to be charged. I am a pretty heavy user but I can go longer on an android and my iphone.
    08-19-11 10:35 PM
    The battery reports seem to be all over the place. I wouldn't consider myself a heavy user but only getting about 10-12 hrs in full coverage zone. Ill give it another day or two on Rogers default OS before upgrading and seeing if .317 will be better

08-19-11 10:42 PM
    Strange. I charge nightly but could easily make 2 full days.

08-19-11 11:00 PM
    Honestly what do you expect guys with a phone that has a high res touchscreen and double the cpu power at 1.2Ghz? Battery life will get better with better power managment OS builds. Honestly the battery life is comparable to my iPhone 4. Blackberry users are accustomed to great battery life on devices that are slow and have a low resolution screen. Obviously the battery life would be good. Now the OS7 devices have horsepower. So yes battery life won't be as great.

08-20-11 12:01 AM
    Honestly what do you expect guys with a phone that has a high res touchscreen and double the cpu power at 1.2Ghz? Battery life will get better with better power managment OS builds. Honestly the battery life is comparable to my iPhone 4. Blackberry users are accustomed to great battery life on devices that are slow and have a low resolution screen. Obviously the battery life would be good. Now the OS7 devices have horsepower. So yes battery life won't be as great.

Because some of us are getting great battery life. And some are not. Thus it would appear to be a problem related to only some device builds or some configurations, or perhaps some batteries. If it is a software issue it'll get fixed.
    08-20-11 12:15 AM
    What was RIM thinking?! faster cpu, large touch screen AND a smaller battery. Seriously? What the **** do people who migrate from 9700/9780 supposed to do? From two to three days on a single charge to barely one.
    And who cares if the phone looks sexy. That what set RIM a part from every other company on the market, their phones had real push tech./great battery life and they just worked. If anyone wanted a shiny, glossy, smooth surface phone, the'd go to apple. Judging by the lastest news from this site, it seems that RIM growing comfortable with making sacrifices in the name of fashion (I'm referring to the 9360 and 9370 which supposedly are coming with even smaller 1050mAh battery ). Not trying to stir **** up around here, I'm a crackberry addict myself. Just feel sad about the whole situation.
    08-20-11 12:47 AM
    Define a great battery life. It's all relative...
    08-20-11 12:50 AM
    What was RIM thinking?! faster cpu, large touch screen AND a smaller battery. Seriously? What the **** do people who migrate from 9700/9780 supposed to do? From two to three days on a single charge to barely one.
    And who cares if the phone looks sexy. That what set RIM a part from every other company on the market, their phones had real push tech./great battery life and they just worked. If anyone wanted a shiny, glossy, smooth surface phone, the'd go to apple. Judging by the lastest news from this site, it seems that RIM growing comfortable with making sacrifices in the name of fashion (I'm referring to the 9360 and 9370 which supposedly are coming with even smaller 1050mAh battery ). Not trying to stir **** up around here, I'm a crackberry addict myself. Just feel sad about the whole situation.
    Again.. it is not a problem with the size of the battery or else everyone would get bad battery life. Some (like me) are getting great battery life. Thus there is a flaw in some of the devices or configurations -- that will get addressed somehow, I'd expect. I can easily get two days. That should be enough for most people. I fact I have used my phone all day today starting with a full charge and I now still have about 75% left. So I could probably get more than two days.
    08-20-11 12:50 AM
    it really appears to be a GSM/CDMA thing. Most 9930 users are doing pretty good, 9900 owners seem to have more people with issues
    southlander likes this.
    08-20-11 12:53 AM
    BB 9900 on Telus. Off the charger Friday at 6:30am. Moderate/Heavy use until 5pm (90 minutes browsing, an hour of audio podcast, news feeds, a few emails and BBMs and 10 minutes talk time), light use since. Battery is showing 40% some twenty hours later. I would say it compares to my Torch 9800, maybe a tad better. Way, way better than any Android phone that I know of.
    08-20-11 01:51 AM
    BB 9900 - Bell

Off charger at 615am
    50% at 420pm (minimal use)
    20% at 11pm

Usage per "Application Management" - 2h 15mins, 19h 22m idle
    08-20-11 02:04 AM
    This is what is keeping me away from the new BBs. Even those not complaining are getting less than a 9780.

I switched back from an iPhone for a few reasons one of which was battery life and in the 9780 I have top messaging device that goes 2-3 days between charges. Whilst still good the new BBs are closer to the iPhone and the closer they get the less attractive a BB becomes, for me anyway.

08-20-11 02:17 AM
194 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD