02-27-12 08:51 AM
30 12
tools
    Personally, I dont see any significant difference between enabling battery saving and turning it off. In fact, sometimes for some weird reasons, I am getting worst battery life with battery saving turn on.

- Charles
    That is my experience too. With battery saving on, i get only around 18 hours and the phone is ready to die after that. But with battery saving off, i get at least 24 hours with 15%-20% left.

With battery saving on, i get 4.85% drain per hour, and with it on, 3%. However, I get nowhere near other posters' experience of getting less than 1%-2%. I have deleted a lot of apps that i used before this OS. I have even logged out of FB already and I have not used it on my phone for some time, although i have not deleted it.
    02-26-12 09:01 AM
    I'm trying Battery Saver in "always on" mode. I'll report back after a few days, but so far it seems to be improving battery life. But that could be just a perception. I'm really curious to know what it actually does. I have this idea that while the phone's actually in use, it doesn't do anything, but maybe when it's idle it acts differently.
    02-26-12 10:05 PM
    Hi, just installed 7.1.0.267, so far quite happy with battery it been better thatn 7.0 How can I check what percentage of battery drain i get? thx
    02-27-12 06:03 AM
    I think those that gets 1-2% drain rate are people who off their phone at night .

But really, I think they switch to 2G only and Turn on WIFI....

So not a good benchmark to test based on your usage. I think somewhere below 5% should be good enough.

- Charles
    02-27-12 08:05 AM
    With battery saver mode turned off, I get about 2.3%/hour with light use; 3.7% or so with normal use. I keep it on 4G except when I'm in my office, where reception is poor and there's no way I'm getting a 4G signal anyway. I have wifi at home but i often forget to turn the phone wifi on when I'm there. I don't turn off the phone at night, but since it's on the charger every night anyway, it doesn't matter.

With very heavy use, i.e., lots of web browsing, I can push the drain rate up to 7% or better, but I'm not likely to do that sort of thing for very long. There just aren't many times that I'll browse the web on my phone for hours. Reading Kindle books, on the other hand, is something that I often do for an hour or more at a time. That can also push the drain rate up to 7% or 8%, since it keeps the screen lit up continuously.
    02-27-12 08:51 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD