I Know there is other threads on this, but they have no solution, When i charge my device it only charges for about 30 seconds and then switches to the plug icon as if to say its charged when its not. I have to unplug and then plug it back in again to get it to charge. I can never get a full charge
    Bold 9900 7.1.0.569
    Anyone know a cure for this, or know whats going on?
    Thanks in advance.
    09-15-12 03:54 AM
    have you tried another battery.. or wiping your device and reinstalling os
    09-15-12 08:13 AM
    What are you using to charge with?
    09-15-12 09:22 AM
    Had same problem with 9930 on Verizon. For me this appears to have been an OS version issue. Tried many different chargers (OEM and others) as well as vehicle chargers and multiple batteries - same probllem with all....
    Short term solutions:
    1) use desktop charging cradle. Somehow this seems to bypass the software issue and BB will charge normally, no problems.
    2) plug charger into BB charging port, and with charger plugged in do soft reset (ALT/RT SFT/Del) - phone will then charge normally with charger but after a week or so problem returns - repeat above procedure, etc.

Permanent solution for me was to update OS to Verizon 7.1 Bundle 1737 (7.1.0.580). It's been a month or so since I updated and (knock on wood) problem has not returned. BTW my battery life significantly improved with this OS update also.....
    Hope this helps.
    Dave
    09-15-12 01:39 PM
    Thanks for your replys!
    I was using the original charger that came with the phone...even when on the cradle it would give me the black plug.
    The only way i can get it to charge is through the cradle but with an iphone 1.0a charger.
    I tried lots and lots of different chargers, even my 8900 charger but they all gave the same fault, even when using the cradle.
    so for now, ill just keep usuing the iphone charger through the cradle.
    I am on the latest os, so i dont know what else to do?
    would a wipe with bbsak help?
    Thanks
    09-16-12 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD