I would love to see to see which battery monitoring app you're using. Right now I'm using "Battery Saver." I've been very pleased with it accept for the fact that it doesn't tell me what % battery drain is on an hourly basis. It gives me a nice graph so I can kind of guestimate, but I'd like to see some better data figures. Any suggestions? This is the 2nd battery app I've purchased.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-21-12 06:28 AM
    Why did you bought an app for it? If you are on OS 7.1.0.205, then you already have built-in option, you just need to activate it. Its under this path: Options> Device> Advance System Settings> Blackberry Device Analyzer> Battery draining too quickly> Start.
    Am not sure about other OS as am new to BB but for me its working like a charm.
    See the attached pictures to see what details this built-in shows
    01-21-12 07:07 AM
    Wow. I didn't realize that tool was available to me. I appreciate that very much!!

01-21-12 08:52 AM
    MeterBerry for a quick glance... Device Analyser for more in-depth monitoring.
    01-21-12 09:03 AM
    Was using Meterberry but now I just use the one built into 7.1. Figured it was sorta redundant to have two monitoring apps running, and guessing Meterberry would also eat up a small amount of battery life as well.
    01-21-12 11:41 AM
    I use batteryex
    01-21-12 11:44 AM
    Wondering which of meterberry or device analyser uses the most power?
    01-21-12 12:51 PM
    Wondering which of meterberry or device analyser uses the most power?
    I use meterberry only when I load a new OS and I'm having issues. After using the battery analyzer, I found that meterberry is pointless so I deleted it. You don't have to sit there and worry about your battery.

If your device is sitting idle for hours and your battery is draining, then yes you have a problem. Even an idle device can have a discharge rate of 2 - 2.5%. But if you're using it constantly you have to expect some kind of drop. Depending on what you're doing will determine how fast it drops.
    01-21-12 02:49 PM
    meterberry is easy and fast to monitor and see the battery drain and to see if u have a mem leak. i still use it for the bat. pulls (reset device)
    01-21-12 09:33 PM
    Meterberry and Device Analyzer get the job done.
    01-21-12 11:46 PM
    Meterberry is good for a quick look. A fair estimate of remaining use comes from My BB Bat (free from MobiHand). Device analyzer is terrific on OS7. The options today are plentiful and broad.
    01-22-12 07:04 AM
    No device analyzer on 7.0.0.576
    01-22-12 01:48 PM
    No device analyzer on 7.0.0.576
    Device analyzer comes with 7.1.
    01-22-12 01:54 PM
    Device analyzer comes with 7.1.

Well, that would be a good reason for not discovering Device Analyzer on 7.0.

Device Analyzer is telling me that the drain rate on my 9930 is at 12% per hour. Holy crud! And the place I'm losing 85% of my battery is under Mobile Network Useage. During that time I didn't make one call. How could the useage be that high when it's just idling and taking the occasional ping from the network? Any other useage was WLAN useage at 38%. Very perplexing. Any other numbers were seemingly insignificant.

01-23-12 12:19 AM
    SmartBBattery is free and give % battery life at a glance as well as a choice of battery temp and current.
    01-23-12 06:47 AM
    Well, that would be a good reason for not discovering Device Analyzer on 7.0.

Device Analyzer is telling me that the drain rate on my 9930 is at 12% per hour. Holy crud! And the place I'm losing 85% of my battery is under Mobile Network Useage. During that time I didn't make one call. How could the useage be that high when it's just idling and taking the occasional ping from the network? Any other useage was WLAN useage at 38%. Very perplexing. Any other numbers were seemingly insignificant.

how long has it been since u installed 7.1?
    in the first few days post-installation, batt consumption is higher than normal.
    .205 is the best if u're running anything else btw.
    01-23-12 07:16 AM
    I have stopped using device analyser for now only because using quicklaunch I have instant access to meterberry whereas getting to device analyser is a bit of a faff. If I have more issues I'll go back to using both. If it stays consistent I'll probably switch MB off too.

Interestingly when I had them both on device analyser did not register meterberry as using any processor in it's log.
    01-24-12 04:40 AM
    Can someone also describe how does this new Battery Saver Mode works exactly?
    Reduce CPU speed, turn down screen brightness, weaken the radio signal, turn to 2G only etc???

02-23-12 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD