I've had this phone for about a week so far and the battery life is the worst by far that I had with any other BB I've owned. I'm getting 14 hr's tops on a full charge with below average use. I love the phone and everything about it besides this battery issue. I really hope they do something to fix the issue because I notice that I'm not the only one with this problem. I've upgraded to the latest software but nothing.

-Social Feeds Uninstalled
    -Facebook Uninstalled
    -BB Maps Uninstalled
    -GPS is off
    -Blue tooth is off

Man hopefully the 9790 is better because I just can't go for a weak battery.
    11-07-11 10:52 PM
    I think I could handle the battery life as I could just purchase a second battery.... It's the bricking that scares me. What OS are you on?
    11-07-11 10:55 PM
    Did you update to the latest build of your carrier's OS?

Do an update. Then let the battery fully drain til it turns off. Then let your battery charge til full.

Should do the trick just fine. Worked for me. I notice a HUGE improvement on my Verizon 9930 running the latest OS build.

I talk about 8+hours a day, 200-300 texts and emails a day, and toss in BBM and some web browsing and the occasional youtube video. I unplug my phone around 6:30am and I get down to around 20% at about 5pm. That's when I usually give it a second charge for the day and I continue my day til about 10-11pm. At that time my BB is at about 70%.

If a phone can go that long with everything I put it through, it's a winner in my book...
    stevepar likes this.
    11-07-11 11:24 PM
    Jranciano, is that on 3G or GPRS/EDGE?
    If 3G, u got yourself an anomaly for sure.
    Major consensus has been terrible batt life on the 9900.
    What is ur OS version as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 12:11 AM
    Jranciano, is that on 3G or GPRS/EDGE?
    If 3G, u got yourself an anomaly for sure.
    Major consensus has been terrible batt life on the 9900.
    What is ur OS version as well?

3G, with wifi connected and kept on even when not near my wifi.

Verizon 9930 running .374
    11-08-11 02:43 AM
    This is not meant to be condescending but try the following....lower screen brightness...close apps that you are not using...leave GPS, WiFi and BT off when not in use...close webpages and browser when not in use. I have BeAlert app that tells which apps are open. Also, it will take the battery and the device time to settle into a normal cycle. Also, there is no shame in keeping a charger at home and at the office handy to keep the device charged. Even though I am still waiting for my company 9900 to arrive, these are steps that I have used with all five berries that I have owned. I believe that there is a Smart WiFi app that turns it on only when detected.
    11-08-11 04:36 AM
    For the gsm version (9900) update to 7.0.0.474 and say goodbye to crappy batt times. :-)

11-08-11 05:24 AM
    i agree with above post. 474 worked for me.
    11-08-11 06:10 AM
    Same here upgrade to 474. And full discharge then full charge to calibrate the battery.
    But do we need another battery thread?
    Last edited by lostOzone; 11-08-11 at 07:46 AM.
    11-08-11 06:23 AM
    I agree that 474 fixed my battery life issue but presented me with other issues like the sound profiles not working and my phone telling me that it couldn't load the sounds. I missed an alarm once due to it. I downgraded to the 296 and battery life is worse but I don't miss any alarms. But I guess I'll reload it another time and give it another go. But for now I'm happy. And yes battery life isn't so great. Turned off 3g and I can got about 85 hours standby with less than 1% discharge rate. So not too bad at all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-08-11 07:44 AM
    well I guess I got a bad bb after leaving it on 2g last night. I woke up with the radio not working. I did a wipe and it still wont turn on I will now upgrade from 440 to 474 and keep you all posted.
    11-08-11 08:29 AM
    Woke up off a fresh charge @ 6:30.
    Started listening to TuneIn @ 7:00 until 8:15.
    Battery life @ 69%.
    11-08-11 08:36 AM
    Just update to .474 and calibrate the battery (let it run down till the phone shuts off). Like everyone else, that did the trick for me. Discharge rate between 2-4% as opposed to 7-9% on previous OS.

11-08-11 09:19 AM
    My personal experience with a Verizon 9930 is that when I am in a low signal area my BB will kick into some type of loop where the transmitter is nearly always sending and receiving.

Symptoms are exceptionally fast battery drain, device will heat up, constant fluctuation of the signal bars to indicate data transmission.

Low signal area kicks this off for me.

I'm using whatever the latest official Verizon OS is.
    selfishreflect likes this.
    11-08-11 09:47 AM
    My personal experience with a Verizon 9930 is that when I am in a low signal area my BB will kick into some type of loop where the transmitter is nearly always sending and receiving.

Symptoms are exceptionally fast battery drain, device will heat up, constant fluctuation of the signal bars to indicate data transmission.

Low signal area kicks this off for me.

I'm using whatever the latest official Verizon OS is.
    glad to know i'm not the only one. in my office i could drop 20-25% if i don't put it on 2g only mode. thanks.
    11-10-11 06:56 AM
    My 9900 battery life is AMAZING! Going on my second day without a charge

11-10-11 07:45 AM
    I did the 'drain until radio turns off' trick and it's improved a bit. I put my GSM 9900 in the OEM leather pocket. Wi-fi always off, but bluetooth on.

I also have 2 more spare batteries for the rough days. That battery + charging cable bundle rock! Google it to get a lower price than buying direct from BB.

BlackBerryJM1BatteryChargingBundle - RIM US
    11-10-11 08:14 AM
    Any recommendations to improve the battery life other than the calibration

This is an awesome phone, I just wish it lasted in battery like the 9700.

Appreciate any input.
    11-10-11 08:42 AM
    I've forgiven the battery life because I purchased a spare for those times I travel and charging just isn't convenient.

I'm with some of the other posters, I'm more concerned about this "bricking" issue that so many others are reporting. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    11-10-11 09:01 AM
    Any recommendations to improve the battery life other than the calibration

This is an awesome phone, I just wish it lasted in battery like the 9700.

Appreciate any input.
    I have brightness turned down all the way. Screen timeout set low. I close background apps when I am done with them and I don't leave bt or wifi on when they are not in use. My battery's rockin!
    11-10-11 11:19 AM
    I thought I had a battery issue the first day, but since then I have been using the phone regularly and its lasting me all day and up to 18+ hours. I am a super user, meaning lots of texting all day long, lost of app use, lots of browsing.

11-10-11 11:26 AM
    I thought I had a battery issue the first day, but since then I have been using the phone regularly and its lasting me all day and up to 18+ hours. I am a super user, meaning lots of texting all day long, lost of app use, lots of browsing.

Very cool. How did you make that happen. Did u do anything differently on the phone? I would love 18 + hours. Did you lower the brightness? Let's us know. Ur set.
    11-10-11 11:46 AM
    I've forgiven the battery life because I purchased a spare for those times I travel and charging just isn't convenient.

I'm with some of the other posters, I'm more concerned about this "bricking" issue that so many others are reporting. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Did you try to put the phone in 1XEV/Home Only Mode ?? i did that and my battery life doubled literally.. and i have seen no slow downs. NONE.
    11-10-11 11:54 AM
    Very cool. How did you make that happen. Did u do anything differently on the phone? I would love 18 + hours. Did you lower the brightness? Let's us know. Ur set.
    Definitely I always run all my phone on the lowest brightness. If I'm going into a basement at my job, I turn off all conections since they is no coverage there.

11-10-11 12:00 PM
    14 hours.
    I can live with that.
    11-10-11 12:07 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD