I see people putting 12 hours....18 hours ect....

Are these usage numbers or standby? If you guys are getting 12 hours of usage

Click to view quoted image

I'll be lucky to get 5-6 hours of usage on the 4S

Images below.

Sunday AM at 2:41

(Standby at 97% while asleep until 11:45AM)

Sunday PM at 8:07

01-09-12 08:57 PM
    That initial drop is happening to a good many 99xx users. Me included. I quit using MeterBerry because it adds a curve to the overall drain rate. Meaning that, factoring the drop in, my drain rate would be 8% per hour which would equal out to about 10 hours usage. Which is false since I can go double that.
    Thanks for your response! I've talked to 3 other 9900 users and they tell me the same thing, to just wait it out and the battery will get better. My friend got the 9900 a day after I did and she experienced no battery issues like I did.

How long until it improved for you, my friend?
    01-09-12 09:19 PM
    Thanks for your response! I've talked to 3 other 9900 users and they tell me the same thing, to just wait it out and the battery will get better. My friend got the 9900 a day after I did and she experienced no battery issues like I did.

How long until it improved for you, my friend?
    It's been that way since I upgraded to .374.
    01-09-12 09:24 PM
    Wondering if using a BES server has something to do with the poor life. I came from the Torch, and now the Bold. The Bold is the worse so far, but none have been good. A normal day gets me to about 1 pm from 6:30 AM. The new Device Analyzer on 7.1 says 6% drain, but that is impossible as I go "red" by 2pm for sure. Very little talk time, but lots of emails. MeterBerry shows about 10 or 11% drain.
    01-09-12 09:38 PM
    double post
    01-09-12 09:55 PM
    mine aint very good. im on .374.
    off the charger at 9:44am and at 12:40pm i was at 55% on the nokia charger.
    01-09-12 09:55 PM
    I have no problem with my battery life I charge it over night and im good to last through the day pending on how heavy my use is

there are times ill need to charge it during the day and there are times I don't

when I got this phone I was very worried about battery life after reading the forums I even baught a spare battery for the days im out and about and not able to get to charge it... I havnt needed it yet but I have some travels in my near future maybe ill be able to put it to use then lol

I never let my battery go below 20%

And has any1 noted that this battery charges super fast! I love it I don't need to sit attached to the wall waiting for this phone to charge long it goes from say 35% to full very quickly

01-09-12 10:39 PM
    It's been that way since I upgraded to .374.
    I'm running on .590 and am waiting for the official 7.1 to drop. Kinda lazy to load the leak. Hopefully the battery life gets better!
    01-09-12 10:41 PM
    As much as I hate to say it, my battery life sucks. Not at all like my 9700 which lasted for days.I can use light bbm and internet from 9 till 3 and its dead lol.
    Its extremly frustrating for me.
    01-09-12 10:41 PM
    As much as I hate to say it, my battery life sucks. Not at all like my 9700 which lasted for days.I can use light bbm and internet from 9 till 3 and its dead lol.
    Its extremly frustrating for me.
    Tell me about it. My 9700 was amazing. I didn't even want to let it go! My 9900 battery improved by far, but I used it lightly. I don't like how RIM sort of compromised battery life on this one
    01-09-12 10:45 PM
    I know, I let mine sit for a whole day to see the drain and it went all the way down to a quarter without bein used.swear if it had 9700 battery life it would be the perfect phone for me. Of course its still the sexiest bb ever in my opinion
    But a few more hours of battery wouldn't hurt.
    01-09-12 10:52 PM
    i get what 1XEV does, but what does Home do over Automatic?
    01-09-12 10:53 PM
    I really upset about the battery life though. Especially when I'm in school, and by the time I get out its always in the yellow. And by the time I get to work its stone dead. My 9700 never did this
    01-09-12 10:56 PM
    I guess I'm just really bummed that I spent 650$ on this phone then finding out the hard way that I may have to shell out even more money for a battery which should be rims responsibility.
    01-09-12 11:06 PM
    I know, I let mine sit for a whole day to see the drain and it went all the way down to a quarter without bein used.swear if it had 9700 battery life it would be the perfect phone for me. Of course its still the sexiest bb ever in my opinion
    But a few more hours of battery wouldn't hurt.
    I turned mine on today at 1:31pm after a full drain and full charge. 10 minutes later, the battery went down to 10% and all that happened was my emails and texts and bbms being loaded from a night of having the phone off.

I miss my 9700, it was so good for 2 years and I had no problems with it whatsoever. It also sucks for me as well, since I'm on campus for almost 10 hours. The 1 hour commute to and from school would probably kill what, a whopping 30% each trip? >.> I use my phone as an mp3 player, so I assume that would kill my battery like crazy!
    01-09-12 11:15 PM
    I think you nailed it. As a business tool I suspect the battery is fine except for a few who have hardware or other issues. Try to use the thing a toy and you get iPhone-esque battery life.
    01-09-12 11:25 PM
    If the battery is still crap, I'm going back to where I bought it to see if they can do anything.
    01-09-12 11:33 PM
    Since you guys may not see that post of mine in a specific OS, I felt like sharing it in there as well in case that can help you with your battery problems.

Before this thread gets forgotten and lost, I wanted to update you one last time of my recent findings with this OS.

Get a sit because I know some of you will have a hard time believe this as I was as surprised myself.

I made it to 3 days without a charge + 2 nights (radio turned off)!

I will just relate you things how they happened so you can make your conclusions by yourself.

Last week I received my brand new leather back battery cover from truesupplier.

Obviously first thing I did was to put in on! I so love it!

When I arrived at work, it was time to get my device on charge it was 3-5% and i plugged it in on usb cable connected on my computer at 2pm to remove it at 100% charge around 6pm.

Usually after a 100% charge I was pulling off the battery, since I read somewhere it was helping the OS to settling in. Since I was at work I did not have any appropriate tool remove the battery cover and since it was new did not want to screw it up already, so I only did a ALT+SHIFT+DEL, then once again right after it started loading (I read somewhere 2x ALT+SHIFT+DEL was the same as a battery pull).

Back on the OS my first surprise was to see I still had 100% charge.
    It stayed there for some time then dropped to 90% (it never drops to 92% for me, it always go to 90%, 85%, 80%...). I was expecting this number to drop the usual way I was getting before, meaning real fast to 70% and getting a longer time between the drops like explained in my previous posts.

But it did not happen.

When i went to bed around 2am I was still at 85% charge .
    I went back to the menu a few times, no mistakes in the readings.
    I was like ok, that is a mistake with the reading it will drop heavily during the night.
    Put the phone in sleep mode and when i turned it back on at 8am or so was still at 80%, when I was usually at 60% after the same usage before.

I started to think, maybe that's what others call having OS settling in?

So I continued using the bold like i usually do, mainly for texting/reading-answering emails.

After a full day of moderate use (i think i had no calls), was left at 55% when i went to bed around 2am. Once again put the device in sleep mode to wake up on a 45% battery.

After one other day I ended up at 25% when I went to sleep a bit earlier around 1am.

Was left with 20% when I woke up.

And when I plugged it back on around 4pm it was in the red zone (bellow 10%) around 7% just after I gave a call if I remember correctly which could have lasted at least 2-3h.

My bold 9k was not even able to last this long idling and forced on EDGE.

Bottom line, I can easily make it to full 48h with 4G without trying to save for battery to last longer.

For the moment I am happy with this OS, it fits my needs it seems.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

Hope this helps.
    01-10-12 04:29 AM
    Since you guys may not see that post of mine in a specific OS, I felt like sharing it in there as well in case that can help you with your battery problems.
    Turning the radio off will always extend battery life, since nothing will be able to work. The reference to "OS settling in" referes to the day or two after the OS has been reloaded or up/downgraded, some claim pulling the battery multiple times helps it "settle in". Thirdly, alt-shft-del is a reset similar to a battery pull and only needs to be done once. Congrats on getting multiple days on a single charge, though, very impressive.
    01-10-12 04:44 AM
    well.. im bridging 24/7 dakota+playbook.
    with 3G only and bluetooth always on...
    my battery last for 7-8 hours.
    01-10-12 08:13 AM
    If you're experiencing poor battery performance on OS 7.1, please look here. I think I may have uncovered something:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-1-a-687443/
    01-10-12 10:35 AM
    That initial drop is happening to a good many 99xx users. Me included. I quit using MeterBerry because it adds a curve to the overall drain rate. Meaning that, factoring the drop in, my drain rate would be 8% per hour which would equal out to about 10 hours usage. Which is false since I can go double that.
    This is a late reply, but thanks so much for your response! I actually went back and they gave me a new battery which improved. With medium use (and barely any browsing and zero YouTube videos), I can last about 10 hours. There has been no improvement since though. Hopefully RIM doesn't mess up battery life for future models.
    02-01-12 12:27 PM
    I found myself getting so obsessed with the battery life, constantly monitoring it (some days good, some days not so good), that I finally just went to 2g. I spend a lot time with a good WIFI connection, so I don't miss it there. And when I'm on the road I use WIFI whenever I can get it. I don't normally do data and phone at the same time, so I don't miss that either. Most of the time I don't even know that I switched. Except that my battery lasts like my 9700 did, which is excellent!
    02-01-12 02:18 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD