i am generally a light user, with occasional medium use and rare heavy use. Love the phone but was disappointed that battery life was struggling to last a day, especially as crack berry reported much better performance findings. Meterberry was showing average hourly usage of 5-6% even with no activity, even with social stuff turned down to minimum, and display set to minimum brightness etc (which i never did on my Torch).
    I addition i was using a battery manager from app world which turned wifi on and off etc.
    what did i do ?. i decided to delete a few of the non std apps i was using (3) including the battery manager and just focus on core BB apps to check performance.
    The result -
    Meterberry now shows average usage of 1.5% when i am doing little or nothing. With light usage over last few days i am finishing the day with 70%plus which is better than i got from my torch and i am not doing anything with wifi or 3g, just leaving it all at default.

So i am very happy with battery life. May try a few experiments with the apps i deleted to identify the culprit, but NONE of the apps I deleted should in theory have been causing major issues, and i didn't really need them.
    10-02-11 10:09 AM
    Depending on my usage which is fairly heavy, but usually download or stream with wifi. I am getting an average of 15-18hrs. Turned off GPS location and wifi when not in use. I also have no apps other than the stock 5 running in the background. I am getting great battery life. At the end of the day I have around 30-40% left.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 10:30 AM
    I have had pretty good luck with my 9930's battery. The only time I have trouble is at work (Verizon has no signal in the building). If I forget to turn off the Verizon connection my battery will be dead in 2-3 hours. I have gotten much better with this though..

I will be buying the extended battery when they are made available. I am hoping that Sedio can make an extended battery at OEM size. We will see.
    10-02-11 10:44 AM
    Can you list the apps you deleted and the settings you used? I only get 2.0 adr at the lowest and only if on 2G only. I don't have 3G option and my radio goes to H+ soo I cannot get 3G.

10-02-11 11:47 AM
    Something must be wrong. I only get 5-6%/hour drainage if I was on the phone for 30 of those minutes. I even have buddyguard running along with bebuzz (which I think it would be better to use a different led app. they took out some features from the pro version and put it in the premium version and wanted me to pay for something I used to have and already did pay for). My brightness is max, bluetooth and gps on all day too. Some people said they deleted social media or whatever it was called and that helped. When I first got the phone I went through it and deleted everything that I didn't want. Maybe it was an app in there that is draining batter? Or maybe you have a weak signal. Check your status and see your signal strength. It should be between -85 to -90(maybe -95) for a good enough signal to not drain battery.
    10-02-11 12:38 PM
    I'll be honest my Blackberry Bold 9900 sucks at battery life too I only turn on the 3G when I need to view heavy webpages even then it canes the battery like no tomorrow.

coolraghav likes this.
    10-02-11 01:06 PM
    I deleted social media and was still getting awful battery life then yesterday I deleted BreakingNews and the difference is unbelievable. This 9900 is now almost as good as my 9700 averaging just over 1% per hour.
    10-02-11 01:25 PM
    im home most days working, so i use my wifi network on phone and by 4pm with constant bbming, it hardly dies down. never goes even as low as 70%. if i had not had wifi on, this would bring phone to about 50 maybe less, by 4pm, requiring a charge before i go out at night...highly annoying on the days im not in the house, bc my phone will b fully dead by 8pm...maybe theyll improve battery life with an os update...
    10-02-11 01:36 PM
    I find that exiting WhatsApp improves my battery life by an average of about 1%DPR and it has a listener module so still get pushes.

10-02-11 01:40 PM
    I must be the only lucky b@stard around. I have terrific battery life on my 9930.

10-02-11 01:50 PM
    Most of the time I had amazing battery life, but ever since I've installed Kik(sshhh lol) it has been suckin my battery down to the ground bad.
    10-02-11 02:37 PM
    You should't expect anything more than 6 hours of battery life with any phone these days. If you do get anything more than 6 hours then good for you but that doesn't set the standard for the phone. I use my bold 9900 consistantly and it does about the same as my 9700 or 9000 or even iphone 3gs did. Lower the lighting settings, turn off uneccessary radio settings and utilize your screen lock button for max efficiency.

10-02-11 05:09 PM
    my 9930 battery sucks!!! anyone who thinks the new bolds batteries are any better than the droids is just lying.....I am highly disappointed in this and the device is more hype than anything else....mybe the qnx devices will be better but the 9930 is a disappointment for a smartphone.....now im stuck with it for 2 years....they better fix the battery issue quick. I get 4 hours a day with heavy usage. that is a joke
    10-02-11 05:15 PM
    What do you expect for 1230 mAh battery and 1.2 Ghz marriage?
    The faster CPU is the faster battery dies.if this battery is 1230 mAh, that means a half day.
    I'm disagree with one day supporters.
    I regret to say that they don't use BlackBerry.
    ignore what Kevin's said and what he will say about BlackBerry models.
    He comments emotionally with the love of BlackBerry ( or for the love of RiM maybe ? )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    slein likes this.
    10-02-11 05:29 PM
    So you're accusing me of telling a fib?

my 9930 battery sucks!!! anyone who thinks the new bolds batteries are any better than the droids is just lying.....I am highly disappointed in this and the device is more hype than anything else....mybe the qnx devices will be better but the 9930 is a disappointment for a smartphone.....now im stuck with it for 2 years....they better fix the battery issue quick. I get 4 hours a day with heavy usage. that is a joke
    10-02-11 05:32 PM
    The only time my battery life sucks is when i am at work with very poor signal. I can kill a full charge in <6 hrs. Thankfully, I can just leave it charging most of the time.

With a good signal, I get 18-24 hrs on 3g, moderate use for email, bbm, sms and phone. i only turn on wifi when i need it. I dont leave apps running or listen to music on it. It is bridged to my playbook almost all the time as well.

I'm sure there are plenty of bad batteries out there, so I am happy that mine isnt one of them.
    10-02-11 05:43 PM
    Maybe you have bad signal strength? On heavy use on my BB 1230 mah I get over 20 hours and on my droid charge with the extended 2600 mah I was lucky to hit 12 hours. Signal strength on the droid was -92 and on the same location with the BB I am getting -86db.
    10-02-11 05:56 PM
    4 hours a day heavy usage is good, I get the same - watch you tube less.

10-02-11 09:46 PM
    I have to shut my phone off while at work or by lunch its dead. I am hoping for some type of fix or bigger battery or something.
    10-02-11 09:58 PM
    There is a thread here where people claim rogers/bell are replacing batteries.

10-02-11 10:04 PM
    Most of the time I had amazing battery life, but ever since I've installed Kik(sshhh lol) it has been suckin my battery down to the ground bad.
    I also tried out Kik for the heck of it, and my god it ate up my battery very quickly. I have Whatsapp running constantly and can get a rate of 4-5% per hour, but with Kik open I was easily out of battery in 4-5 hours with light usage. That app is a killer.
    10-02-11 11:12 PM
    I found turning off location on the gps helped. I think some apps track movement alot.
    10-02-11 11:54 PM
    I have BeWeather updating every 15 mins with LBS location (GPS) so I constantly have the GPS running. 6-7 hours of pandora streaming a day plus social media and mobile browsing and I get almost 14 hours of battery life.

10-03-11 01:43 AM
    I get at least a full day with heavy use, over two days with medium-light use. I had an Evo and that battery life was just unacceptable. I have a feeling you are leaving battery intensive apps left open in between use.
    10-03-11 02:15 AM
    My 9900's battery life is only moderately worse than my 9700, but that thing was like the undead. I charge my phone every night, and it still has 1/3 by the time I am crawling into bed the following night. So it runs from 6am to 12am, a total of 18 hours, and I consider myself a moderately heavy user.

I use it for music in both directions of my commute, I average at least one streamed 3G video a day, three or four phone calls, and maybe 100 texts/BBMs/emails. Also, I browse the web all the time, between classes, etc. I'd say that's moderate usage; it's always coming out of my pocket for something!

I think there are some faulty batteries out there, or perhaps some terribly evil apps, because I really don't feel like the 9900's battery life is that bad at all. In fact, I would say it's quite good. Never run into issues with the battery dying on me.
    10-03-11 02:33 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD