Hi i am at the verge of getting a new bb, preferably a 9900.
    Although i have been reading about poor batterylife i am having second doubts.
    I know people coming of a bold 9700 or 9780 had great batterylife compared to the 9900.
    I myself have a 9800 wich lasts me a little more than a day with medium use.
    Does it has the same battery as the 9900 so i would not notice a difference?

Are there more users here who switched from a torch 9800 straight to a bold 9900 ? If so i would love to hear some battery experience to help me make my decision.
    I have been a fan of bb since the 9000 and will switch to a bb after my 9800, just hoping it will be the 9900.appreciate all help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 01:20 AM
    I am from 9800 to 9900 and I can say the battery on 9900 is worst than 9800. Tech specs posted on RIM's website says that the 9900 should last longer than 9800 but I dont experience that.

On my 9800, it will easily last me through out the whole day but on the same usage but the 9900 will not. Battery life is abuot 3-4 hours shorter but at this moment not a big deal as I can charge in my car, charge at work and charge at home.

But again, I am not sure if my battery is defective or not so I can't determine much. You are on your own i guess but remember when you get your new phone, TRY not to do a device switch and do a fresh install as I felt it will somehow drain the battery faster. Just backup your old phone, and restore SMS. THe rest you can sync with Outlook through Desktop Manager.

- Charles
    10-02-11 02:09 AM
    I have gone from a Torch 9800 to a Bold 9930 and would say that the battery is only slightly worse then the Torch. I like you consider myself a medium user. Where I could last the whole day with my Torch and mind you that is up at 5am and in bed at 11 or after in the evening. With the Bold it needs charged by the time I go to bed but still lasts the full day. The first few charging cycles will not be as good trust me but give it 3-5 days of charging and emptying and it will be good to go!
    10-02-11 08:54 AM
    Thx for posting your experience, i was wondering if it makes a diffrence in battery if you use the 9930 since it uses a cmda network vs a 9900 on a gsm network.
    Also, in order to get the best out of your batteries do you guys turn 3G and wifi off when not using it?

10-03-11 07:56 AM
    yeah i had a 9800, and the battery on the 9900 is worse.
    I keep 3g on and wifi/bluetooth off. If you want to extend battery life, then putting 2g on will help quite a bit
    10-03-11 09:10 AM
    ...I came from a Torch to a 9900 (w/ a brief stint back w/ the 9000 after I'd had enough of the 9800's small keyboard!) and I have to say I've found battery life to be pretty similar. There does appear to be differences in builds of the 9900 that perhaps do have an effect on battery life (mine's Hungary2) and of course a lot of it depends on signal, usage, apps etc too, but from more or less day one, running the stock OS, I've been enjoying approximately 2 days of moderate use before needing to charge, usually at around 15% - 20%.
    My wifi is only on when I'm connected at home, bluetooth only when I need it too, I'm always on 3G, I have Facebook and Twitter updating manually, I'm sure to close all apps when I'm done using them etc etc, and I've been more than happy w/ the battery so far - and indeed w/ the whole phone itself. The 9900 is a great phone, and although it's down to personal taste, for me it's way way better than the 9800.
    10-03-11 10:53 AM
    Similar battery life for me with the same usage. No complaints at all and don't notice much of a difference. The phone though, for me, is night and day.

10-03-11 01:14 PM
    Buy a new or larger capacity battery, and use the old one as a backup.
    10-03-11 02:56 PM
    It is just slightly worse I.e. Maybe 2-3 hours less every couple of days. Certainly not a big deal.
    10-04-11 01:16 AM
    Wow thx for all feedback everybody
    So what i understand batterylife is slightlty worse compared to the 9800.
    I can live with that thinking i will get a nice phone in return.
    so the 9900 it is, picking up 1 next week!!
    10-04-11 01:31 AM
    I'm on my spare battery ( made in china!) which is far superior to the original ( made in Japan) I'd say the battery life now is as bad as it was on torch.
    10-05-11 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD