I usually drop 10% within an hour of waking up but that because for the 1st hour, I'm browsing(3-4 tabs), checking mails, listening to music & more. From there on the discharge avgs between 3-4 % depending on how much I use the phone. Could go higher if I make lots of calls.

On an avg, I have 30% left over 12 hrs later. On days of light use, iv had upto 50% left eod.

Decent battery life considering how much I use the phone. Not as great as the 9700 but not bad.

Version : 9900/7.0.0.503

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-11 10:12 PM
    Is there a way I can downgrade to .540 on AT&T?
    12-29-11 10:17 PM
    I just did this on my 9930, but it's the same process for a 9900. First, backup your data in Desktop Manager and/or BBSAK. Then, assuming you're running Windows, just go to Add or Remove Programs and delete 7.1. Then run the App Loader again to downgrade to 7.0.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-29-11 10:25 PM
    But the files on the Blackberry for AT&T site only go back to 610?
    12-29-11 10:30 PM
    But the files on the Blackberry for AT&T site only go back to 610?
    Im assuming you have a 9900? If so you have to use the proper OS for the 9900 and can't use the 9930 software. The upgrade/downgrade process is the same though.
    12-29-11 10:37 PM
    Ubizmo - have you ever had (or still have) the instant battery drop from 100 to 92 off the charger? Are you back to using the included battery charger or still Nokia? Sounds like the new battery helped substantially...
    I'm still using the Nokia most of the time, but I can't say that I see much difference between it and the OEM charger, after doing more experimentation. But the Nokia is the one that happens to be plugged in next to my bed, so that's the one I mostly use.

Yes, I had the 100-92 battery glitch with OS .585 and I have it now with .590. Since it doesn't seem to have any relevance to actual battery performance, I no longer give it much thought. I'll be glad when a newer OS is leaked or released that fixes this, though.

The new battery helped somewhat, but the single most important thing I did to improve battery life from horrible to decent was to find the apps that were draining the battery and get rid of them. I could have accomplished this much sooner if I hadn't been brain-dead during the first days of experimenting.

And yes, I still keep brightness down at 10. It's bright enough for me.

If I'm at home, where reception is perfect, my battery drain rate is less than 2%/hour. When I'm out and about, moving in and out of good reception zones, it's closer to 3% with light to moderate use, and more like 5% if I'm really using it a lot. This is all perfectly acceptable, from my point of view. 7% with very light use, which is what I started out with, was not acceptable.
    12-30-11 07:26 AM
    Thank you for the input Ubizmo. I'm a heavy user (Realtor) and if it would work at 5% discharge for actual heavy usage that would be very acceptable to me as well.
    12-30-11 08:29 AM
    Thank you for the input Ubizmo. I'm a heavy user (Realtor) and if it would work at 5% discharge for actual heavy usage that would be very acceptable to me as well.
    Have you checked the CPU usage of all apps?
    12-30-11 08:31 AM
    Yes, I did take your advice on that. Nothing is sucking up the CPU juice except the actual "options" menu that is monitoring it when I have it open.
    12-30-11 08:40 AM
    Yes, I did take your advice on that. Nothing is sucking up the CPU juice except the actual "options" menu that is monitoring it when I have it open.
    Then I don't know what else to suggest. Your pattern of heavy use may just be very much more demanding than mine.

Have you established any sort of baseline drain rate for when your phone isn't being used at all? I guess this is harder to do if you're using one of the OS versions with the battery metering bug. You might try .540 for this purpose, and see how fast the battery is draining in a good reception area (-77dBm) for a few hours, just sitting there, doing nothing.
    12-30-11 08:50 AM
    You're right. Getting any sort of baseline has proven difficult. It gives me massive drops after unplugging it that throw the ADR over 100 percent off the bat then it evens out slowly. I think what I'll do is reset it now that it's discharged some more, and maybe I can get a more stable baseline to share with you. My usage today and yesterday I would call moderate at best but I can post the usage figures too.
    12-30-11 11:17 AM
    Also... your reply suggests that .540 fixed this issue for you? I checked AT&T's website and their OS files don't go back that far. Is there a way I can get it?
    12-30-11 11:19 AM
    Also... your reply suggests that .540 fixed this issue for you? I checked AT&T's website and their OS files don't go back that far. Is there a way I can get it?
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...E00E6386AE7F44
    12-30-11 11:23 AM
    I'm using the latest update from AT&T, I only installed it over two days ago. I don't know if it's just me, or what. But, it certainly seems like my battery is draining faster...

Maybe I'm using it more? Hard to tell really...

Last edited by anon(153966); 12-30-11 at 11:26 AM.
    12-30-11 11:23 AM
    Any danger in using an OS from a different carrier if they are both 9900?
    12-30-11 11:51 AM
    Any danger in using an OS from a different carrier if they are both 9900?
    None whatsoever, you just need to delete the vendor.xml files prior to install.

There are many guides on how to do this and the install in general, just search.
    12-30-11 11:58 AM
    Typical blind blackberry fanboy. simple math friend, 1.2ghz processor + smaller capacity battery = **** battery life. the advantage blackberry has over iphone is you can carry a spare. good luck mine comes in tmmrw
    Touche'! It has nothing to do with being a fanboy, my blind crackberry forum friend. Yes, the bberry has a larger processor, more memory, and smaller battery. The bberry gets better battery life because its not overinflated with the CRAP apple uses and installs. There aren't foo-foo graphics and gui's like the apple uses. There aren't a trillion things being constantly updated like apple does. I have coworkers with iphone 4's, and they consitantly go home with 20-40% less battery life than me. We all do similar emailing, txtng, internet, etc. Although I must admit, when it gets slow I watch youtube vids often. I never turn off 4g or wifi either. So in turn, just because our bberries r beefier doesn't mean we're using that power, and it certainly doesn't mean we're sucking down more juice than over inflated apple crap

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-11 12:27 PM
    Interesting, I am hearing it's pretty good from some other people I know.

I'm using the latest update from AT&T, I only installed it over two days ago. I don't know if it's just me, or what. But, it certainly seems like my battery is draining faster...

Maybe I'm using it more? Hard to tell really...

Click to view quoted image
    12-30-11 12:30 PM
    Hi,

i currently use a Hybrid OS with 7.1.074 and 7.1.163 files.
    At the moment, now a week, i am happy with that.
    Battery discharge is between 1.4 and 2.3 all week long. I am using the normal charger, brightness is 10.

At home is WiFi on, outside off.
    I am on BIS and BES and have heavy mail traffic from the company.

2 days of usage is now normal for me.

Waiting for the next 7.1 OS and hoping it is a good one.

Regards,
    Martin
    12-30-11 12:33 PM
    I'm using the latest ATT update too but the battery life is terrible. Going to take everyone's advice and try .540...
    12-30-11 12:38 PM
    I went through the guide on how to downgrade the OS with app loader. I installed the OS on the computer and it doesn't show up on the list of apps to add to the phone. When I go search for it manually and try to add it, it says it isn't compatible with my device. (I did delete vendor.xml). Any suggestions?
    12-30-11 01:17 PM
    im on the .585/.540 so far still good
    Me too, gonna wait for a good 7.1 before I move away from it. As far as I am concerned the best 7.0 by far.
    12-30-11 01:18 PM
    I went through the guide on how to downgrade the OS with app loader. I installed the OS on the computer and it doesn't show up on the list of apps to add to the phone. When I go search for it manually and try to add it, it says it isn't compatible with my device. (I did delete vendor.xml). Any suggestions?
    You still have a hidden vendor.xml file on your PC... find it and delete it

EDIT: try looking here... C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML\vendor.xml
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 12-30-11 at 01:23 PM.
    travisthomson likes this.
    12-30-11 01:19 PM
    I was having battery issues with my 9900 as well...4 batteries later I was so upset. Then a friend of mine said that if I push the blackberry button it shows apps that may still be running even though you don't know it, and that are draining my battery. sure enough I had 7 apps I thought were off apparently still running. Did a full charge on my battery last night and it seems to be holding very well today! It was drainging after a full overnight charge withing 4 hrs, sometimes with very little or no usage! I find it funny that I went to a rogers store multiple times,none of their reps mentioned this may be the issue, I exchanged multiple batteries, when apparently( I'm hoping anyways) it is something as simple as apps running in the background I was unaware of! Just thought I would post incase others are also experiencing battery drainage with no idea why. maybe it will help
    12-30-11 01:23 PM
    Right you were
    12-30-11 01:23 PM
458 ... 1516171819
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD