If you are reffering to my post, thank you.
    I was more cusrious on how to take a screen shot of the phone and paste it.
    I know how to post pics via a desktop or laptop using imageshack or by using the forum software, and as I write this I feel I am coming of snooty. Let me say in no way am I trying.
    I really do appreciate the info, I am just looking for some way to post screen shots.

Heck maybe I misread your post and I can do that...maybe I should read before I post

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think you wanna know how to take a screenshot...
    Download ScreenShot app from BB App (its free)... rest you can follow the instruction of the App..
    12-11-11 11:59 PM
    Got my 9900 on saturday. It was on .261. I immediately did a wipe and loaded 7.1 Initially the battery drain was around 2 to 3%. But suddenly it increased to 5 to 6% during idle times.

Removed from the charger at 7.45 am today(monday), and by 9.30 it was on 85% with literally no usage.

Suspected MeterBerry to be the cause and deleted the app. But i am not very sure. But the drain has reduced a bit. Still on 80%.Now its almost 12 noon.

I am gonna allow the OS to settle.

I wonder what the engineers at RIM did during build and test phase. Couldnt they have just put atleast a 1500 mAh battery. Damn!
    12-12-11 12:10 AM

Yet again. Battery dropped only to 64 from 99+ in almost 12 hrs with wifi on.
    Look at the Home Screen Battery Meter and the Battery icon of the BB OS7.
    It rocks..
    12-12-11 12:23 AM
    Sorry, the home screen snap is older one.. i will upload latest one...
    12-12-11 12:26 AM

Battery is made in Korea - JM1
    12-12-11 12:30 AM
    Suspected MeterBerry to be the cause and deleted the app. But i am not very sure. But the drain has reduced a bit. Still on 80%.Now its almost 12 noon.
    I wondered about this too, but MeterBerry seems to be by far the most popular app of its kind, and if it were causing significant drain I think we'd be hearing about it from more people.
    12-12-11 07:27 AM
    I think you wanna know how to take a screenshot...
    Download ScreenShot app from BB App (its free)... rest you can follow the instruction of the App..
    you da man! thank you
    12-12-11 07:36 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Yet again. Battery dropped only to 64 from 99+ in almost 12 hrs with wifi on.
    Look at the Home Screen Battery Meter and the Battery icon of the BB OS7.
    It rocks..
    How did you get that battery graph?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-11 07:37 AM
    I wondered about this too, but MeterBerry seems to be by far the most popular app of its kind, and if it were causing significant drain I think we'd be hearing about it from more people.
    Does MeterBerry support OS7 offcially ? If not i really suspect that. MB never used to be an issue on my 9780.

After i removed MB:
    From 12 noon (80%), to now, current time is 8:00 PM(30%), pretty decent usage.
    - BBm 20 mins, Phone calls around 1 hr, a few emails received, some twitter and browsing, around 3 battery pulls.

I am gonna wait and see till the 7.1 OS settles completely,as many out here are seeing positive results.
    12-12-11 08:22 AM
    Does MeterBerry support OS7 offcially ? If not i really suspect that. MB never used to be an issue on my 9780.
    Hmmm...I guess it doesn't officially support OS 7. At least, the most recent version is 2.5.0, and the ChangeLog for that on the web site was last updated in September, 2010.

Be sure to let us know whether you see any significant change in battery life without MB installed.
    12-12-11 08:44 AM
    well, i had poor battery life before getting MB over the weekend from mobihand. there is another thing...mobihand got my last $$

took 8 rs to receive a link after i got an email saying they were verifying my payment and would receive a link within 15 min.
    12-12-11 08:57 AM
    Hmmm...I guess it doesn't officially support OS 7. At least, the most recent version is 2.5.0, and the ChangeLog for that on the web site was last updated in September, 2010.

Be sure to let us know whether you see any significant change in battery life without MB installed.
    Sure! Am gonna charge for full night today and chk tomorrow without MB. Then day after I ll install it again and check.

Or it could just be my OS settling now. We ll see. I ll update.
    12-12-11 09:27 AM
    I am now happy to report that I am getting good battery life. MeterBerry is reporting that I am getting 24+ hours...I last charged yestreerday to 100% at 3pm. Now, it's 11am, and showing 60% remaining, albeit, 8 or so of those hours were sleep time...MeterBerry is showing a drain of 2.2% an hour. I only made a few changes:

1) I reduced the screen brightness to 10%. I actually expected 10% to be poor and to have to toggle the screen up periodically, but I think it's fine @ 10% brightness.

2) I exhausted the battery to 100% and the let the phone die and turn off. Ten I charged the battery to 100% and let it charge for an extra 30 minutes at 100%. An electronics expert said this procedure "trains" the battery and is a good thing to do about once a month...
    12-12-11 09:57 AM
    Wow I left mine idle over night, radio and wifi on, and my drain was at 1% (went from 99+ to 88%).
    You sleep 11hours? wow I get max the half of it
    12-12-11 04:10 PM
    don't ask about my usage (time) of my 9900 ^^

here is a typical day and my month. Month isn't very exact - mostly of the time the month chart does cut off the last hour (mostly 10 up to 20% more drain than visible)

I wanted to buy Meterberry but as it was not official supported I didn't. (This was after I bought a app which is not working correct with my device (battery saver) even it says it does. (Last update is Okt. 2010!) - waste of money and no support...)

So I'm using this app to tracking my battery life in a not so accurate way.
    12-12-11 04:32 PM
    Sure! Am gonna charge for full night today and chk tomorrow without MB. Then day after I ll install it again and check.

Or it could just be my OS settling now. We ll see. I ll update.
    Out of curiosity, I uninstalled MeterBerry this afternoon. Your battery drain yesterday averaged 6.25%/hour, but that's with an hour of talk time, which is substantial.

I've been averaging about 7%/hour with MeterBerry installed. Since uninstalling it, I've been getting a little less than 5%/hour, checking manually through Options. So that's an improvement, but it remains to be seen whether it lasts. Also, there's something odd about checking through options. The battery level seems to remain unchanged for a good while, then drops 5% or more all at once. I don't know if it only shows 5% increments. If so, I won't be able to get a very accurate picture.
    12-12-11 06:13 PM
    Out of curiosity, I uninstalled MeterBerry this afternoon. Your battery drain yesterday averaged 6.25%/hour, but that's with an hour of talk time, which is substantial.

I've been averaging about 7%/hour with MeterBerry installed. Since uninstalling it, I've been getting a little less than 5%/hour, checking manually through Options. So that's an improvement, but it remains to be seen whether it lasts. Also, there's something odd about checking through options. The battery level seems to remain unchanged for a good while, then drops 5% or more all at once. I don't know if it only shows 5% increments. If so, I won't be able to get a very accurate picture.
    MeterBerry has not had a discernible negative effect on my battery life. With no talking, after training my batteries (I now have two), battery drain is very acceptable at 2% per hour...plenty of battery life.
    12-12-11 06:20 PM
    Spoke with Rogers today. Corporate Account rep is sending me a new battery. He said to try it although he is expecting the same results...anywhere from 5 -15% battery drain per hour. He confirmed rim is aware of this and is supposed to be sending an appropriate fix sometime before the end of the month.
    emirozmen likes this.
    12-12-11 07:38 PM
    Spoke with Rogers today. Corporate Account rep is sending me a new battery. He said to try it although he is expecting the same results...anywhere from 5 -15% battery drain per hour. He confirmed rim is aware of this and is supposed to be sending an appropriate fix sometime before the end of the month.
    Well that's interesting. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be aware of it, but if they think there's a "fix" then apparently they think it's an OS issue--unless the "fix" is sending new and improved batteries to everyone.

They do have a lot riding on this.

Meanwhile, my battery drain remains significantly lower with MeterBerry gone. Because Options>Device only shows 5% decrements, I bought another app, "MenuBattery", a very tiny app (only 4k) that shows the remaining battery in the system-wide menu. I took a reading of 21% at 8:29 and at 8:49 it's still at 21%, which means my current drain rate is no more than 3%/hour. Granted, it's minimal use of the phone, but anyone who has followed my adventures in this thread will understand that I've been getting a very predictable drain rate of 7%/hour under virtually all conditions for over a week. The only time I go below 7% seems to be the first couple of hours in the morning, and even then it's 5+% usually. What I'm seeing now is the lowest I've had since getting the device on December 1.

As I write this, it's now 8:53 and still at 21%.

It doesn't make much sense to me that MeterBerry could affect me but not others adversely, but then there are a lot of things that don't make sense to me.

Ah, 8:55 and it just ticked down to 20%. So that's 1% in 26 minutes, or 2.3%/hour. A new record! And a more than acceptable drain rate--not a lot more than I got on my 9780 with very light use.

It remains to be seen whether this will last. I've had some false hopes raised by other experiments in this thread. As always, I'll update as I have more info.
    12-12-11 08:00 PM
    It doesn't make much sense to me that MeterBerry could affect me but not others adversely, but then there are a lot of things that don't make sense to me.

It does affect my 9900 in the same way. After I uninstalled Meterberry, my battery drain rate has reduced by 1-2%/hour.
    Last edited by Ingo77; 12-12-11 at 08:49 PM.
    12-12-11 08:46 PM
    First full day on my new 9900...charged overnight (no...it didn't brick)...full charge in the morning, and have 30% or so left when I pull my car into the garage after a busy 13-hour day.

That doesn't exactly suck. Not 9700/9780 good...but it doesn't suck.
    jamesbondOO7 likes this.
    12-12-11 08:57 PM
    Well that's interesting. I can't imagine that they wouldn't be aware of it, but if they think there's a "fix" then apparently they think it's an OS issue--unless the "fix" is sending new and improved batteries to everyone.

They do have a lot riding on this.

Meanwhile, my battery drain remains significantly lower with MeterBerry gone. Because Options>Device only shows 5% decrements, I bought another app, "MenuBattery", a very tiny app (only 4k) that shows the remaining battery in the system-wide menu. I took a reading of 21% at 8:29 and at 8:49 it's still at 21%, which means my current drain rate is no more than 3%/hour. Granted, it's minimal use of the phone, but anyone who has followed my adventures in this thread will understand that I've been getting a very predictable drain rate of 7%/hour under virtually all conditions for over a week. The only time I go below 7% seems to be the first couple of hours in the morning, and even then it's 5+% usually. What I'm seeing now is the lowest I've had since getting the device on December 1.

As I write this, it's now 8:53 and still at 21%.

Ah, 8:55 and it just ticked down to 20%. So that's 1% in 26 minutes, or 2.3%/hour. A new record! And a more than acceptable drain rate--not a lot more than I got on my 9780 with very light use.

It remains to be seen whether this will last. I've had some false hopes raised by other experiments in this thread. As always, I'll update as I have more info.
    This is getting interesting. I have read most your posts here and other threads as well, but this is the 1st time i am seeing you saying 3% drain on ur phone

Not sure if the real reason is MB or something else. Anyways what we want is a good/acceptable batt life.

I am gonna start monitoring my battery today without MB. By far its very much improved than yesterday (yesterday from 7.45 to 10.00 i lost around 20% without doing anything), today 8.00 to 9.30 i ve lost only like 5% with a few calls and twitter.

All i want is around 0.5% to 1% during idle times
    12-12-11 10:15 PM
    ^^ get 1.67% during idle times, I had a battery monitoring app before but I removed it, I have the believe it affects my battery life so I calculate it my self to me 1.66666667 ( to be precise ) is quite good
    I also want 0.5 or 1.0 on idle before I got a new battery I tried .503 and .540 , I found .503 to be better in better life and signal, but somehow I installed .540 instead am sure I would get 1.0 on idle using .503 but meh changing my settings and redownloading my apps is a pain in the a.ss so I would just stick to .540 for now
    12-13-11 06:40 AM
    Unfortunately, the good battery performance I had last night after uninstalling MeterBerry seems to have been a fluke. This morning I'm down 12% in exactly two hours, which is 6%/hour. This is while doing nothing with the phone except carrying it, no background apps running, and solid -77 dBm signal. If other days are any indication, it'll get worse as the day goes on.

I did learn that because I bought this phone through Customer Care, I get 20 days from the date of delivery, rather than 14 days. So I have until the 20th to return it. T-Mobile is not at this point receptive to doing a handset exchange over the battery life issue. So unless the replacement battery turns things around, which I'm not optimistic about, I'll be returning the 9900.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread, and to everybody else for sharing suggestions and experiments.
    12-13-11 07:32 AM
    I know others have mentioned this elsewhere but I confirmed last night that 3G takes a huge toll on the battery as compared to WiFi. My WiFi modem (Bell) lost power last night and so I had to resort to 3G on all my phones (yes, I'm a phone junkie, I readily admint it ). This morning I noticed that almost all my phones were down to about 15-20% battery, even though they were fully charged last night.

I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it with my own eyes, but by using WiFi this isn't the case. Granted, I'm having the same general poor battery performance on my 9900 as everyone else but the 3G vs. WiFi issue is rather interesting.
    12-13-11 09:12 AM
458 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD