Honestly do you believe this thing will last as long as the 9700+ ..

Are there any reports of battery life or anything of the sort? It seems this will be the biggest issue this phone will face. I find it hard to believe firmware updates will be so well done to make THAT much of a more impact on battery life, while all other specs have gone up.
    07-06-11 03:01 PM
    i do not think it will last as long as the 9700, but longer than the 9800
    07-06-11 03:13 PM
    CX has already stated that it does last as long as the 9700... Twitter
    07-06-11 03:18 PM
    I THINK i read something that said the battery life will be longer then the 9700/9780. BUT im not sure
    07-06-11 03:18 PM
    But where is his information coming from?
    07-06-11 03:19 PM
    But where is his information coming from?
    Personal experience
    07-06-11 03:20 PM
    I don't think it will be as good as the 9700 because it's more powerful but I think the battery life will be pretty good overall.
    07-06-11 06:24 PM
    CX has already stated that it does last as long as the 9700... Twitter
    Not only that. That was months ago. With months of optimizing after, hopefully we can expect it to even exceed the 9700. If it in fact it does pull this off, color me impressed.

A smaller battery with significantly more processing and graphical power does not make this easy....

Fortunately, it seems the next gen Qualcomms can be utilized to use battery more efficiently than the Marvells. We're looking at some pretty beastly Blackberrys coming. I just hope they get these babies polished and shining for primetime.
    07-06-11 06:51 PM
    More efficient processor, and a dedicated GPU unit to handle the UI instead of an over-burdened CPU may help to increase battery life. Not to mention, I remember reading somewhere a while back (maybe on BGR) that RIM is using a redesigned battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-11 08:44 PM
    I certainly hope that it is at least as good as the Torch. I wouldn't really mind carrying around two batterys but it would be great to not have to do so. But with significantly better specs and a lower capacity battery (1200mah) its tough.

07-06-11 08:50 PM
    More efficient processor, and a dedicated GPU unit to handle the UI instead of an over-burdened CPU may help to increase battery life. Not to mention, I remember reading somewhere a while back (maybe on BGR) that RIM is using a redesigned battery.

Any chance you could provide a link?
    07-06-11 09:01 PM
    I'll bet that it's just as long or longer then the 9700. While it's true that the battery is smaller, every component also uses much less power. Don't be fooled by the 'speed', the 9900's 1.2Ghz processor takes a fraction of what the 9700s processor does.
    07-06-11 09:11 PM
    Yea, chip dedication is a huge plus on battery life. You know older model pc's, mobile devices etc. relied on the chip to do everything. But once you have a dedicated system of things so to speakmthe battery is not as strained. So if you are not require a lot of power or what ever your battery is a ok.

So far my only gripe(I think but phone is not out yet) is buying an extended battery. The phone looks super slick with the this body. I don't want to beef it up unless it is absolutely necessary.
    07-06-11 09:30 PM
    Any chance you could provide a link?
    I looked everywhere and I can't seem to find it anymore. Sorry... Hopefully someone else has more information on it.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 07-07-11 at 05:57 AM.
    07-07-11 05:52 AM
    From what I saw yesterday with only a partial day of use, the 9900 battery is at least as good as my 9780. I charged at noon and did all the set ups and downloads and could not keep my hands off the device and the battery discharge was quite reasonable.

Today it came off the charger at 3:30am and will suffer a more normal day. We will see at the end of the day. I suspect that RIM will not disappoint anyone who charges their device, nightly, while they sleep. For those who do not sleep, you might need a little charge before the end of the 2nd day.
    07-07-11 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD