Is there anyone in the UK experiencing problems with their blackberry bold 9900 battery? Or should i say the lack of it?

Is it not lasting a full day? Because mine isn't.

Which is why I am wanting to get a case opened with the BBC watch dog. the more emails they receive the bigger chance we have of them getting involved and getting us all a definite answer?

post your thoughts here and what you feel about the battery life on the 9900?
    10-20-11 09:42 AM
    Is there anyone in the UK experiencing problems with their blackberry bold 9900 battery? Or should i say the lack of it?

Is it not lasting a full day? Because mine isn't.

Which is why I am wanting to get a case opened with the BBC watch dog. the more emails they receive the bigger chance we have of them getting involved and getting us all a definite answer?

post your thoughts here and what you feel about the battery life on the 9900?
    The phone still works though, it's not like they advertised it to have amazing battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-11 10:30 AM
    Yes I am having bad battery life aswell :/ mine lasts for about 6-8 hours if I'm lucky but I also have issues with my screen and the volume buttons don't work vodafone UK sent me a broken 9900!!

10-20-11 11:19 AM
    The phone still works though, it's not like they advertised it to have amazing battery life.

But you dont expect their flagship handset to have useless battery life?
    10-20-11 11:24 AM
    Yes I am having bad battery life aswell :/ mine lasts for about 6-8 hours if I'm lucky but I also have issues with my screen and the volume buttons don't work vodafone UK sent me a broken 9900!!

Vodafone is a useless network anyway. But mine stopped charging and o2 wanted to 'repair it' i said no chance cause ive only had it 3 weeks i want a new one and got onto their CEO
    10-20-11 11:25 AM
    Vodafone is a useless network anyway. But mine stopped charging and o2 wanted to 'repair it' i said no chance cause ive only had it 3 weeks i want a new one and got onto their CEO

Did u get a new one?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-20-11 11:37 AM
    Did u get a new one?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I should try that!! I've had mine now nearly a month and they keep telling me rubbish so they don't have to send me a new one! I called them again yesterday and the person I was talking to put the phone down on me!!

10-20-11 11:49 AM
    Upgrading to the latest OS will fix your battery issues. I had .261 and had brutal battery life, so I upgraded to .439 and got about a 40% increase in battery life. Mine lasts around 14 hours or so now, and I usually still have around 15-20% when I put it on the charger.

Mine easily outlasts my friends iPhone 4s now. It's not even a fair comparison.
    10-20-11 12:05 PM
    I went from .353 to .439.

With .353, I unplug it fully charged at 8am, and I use it pretty heavily. By 11pm, it is usually at 20-25%.

With .439, it is still at near 50% at 11pm with similar amounts of usage.

I tweaked my phone a lot though:
    -Dimmed backlight to minimum, turns off after 30 seconds, using wifi manager app (wifi only turns on on specific radio towers), turn off bridge when I dont need it, constantly monitor apps and make sure to fully exit them.
    10-20-11 12:32 PM
    I get about a day and a half with light use. Not really an issue for me as I have just changed to the Bold 9900 from a HTC Desire HD which was similar for battery life. I do have a Curve 9300 which lasts several days with light use.

I assume it is a case of slimmer battery and more powerful processor etc. Draining the battery that much quicker.

Anyone who really needs long battery life could do a lot worse than getting a 9300. Imho it is a great budget phone.
    10-20-11 01:35 PM
    my battery on my bold 9900 seems ok. Get 2 days with minor use or about 1.5 days with moderate use. Probs send around 50 bbms 10 emails 10mins phone 1 hour fiddling 40 sms a day. Screen brightness at 30% wifi on facebook emails all on.

Seems pretty standard for a smart phone tbh
    10-20-11 05:37 PM
    I have an unlocked Vodafone UK handset. Battery was awful with stock os. Upgraded to .353 and on wifi i had amazin battery life (25hours) but on 3G it sucked! Now I am on .440 and having 20-30 hours with heavy to excessive use on wifi. On 3G I am having 15hours with full use of the phone.
    I storngly advise you to update your OS
    10-21-11 07:36 AM
    I have an unlocked Vodafone UK handset. Battery was awful with stock os. Upgraded to .353 and on wifi i had amazin battery life (25hours) but on 3G it sucked! Now I am on .440 and having 20-30 hours with heavy to excessive use on wifi. On 3G I am having 15hours with full use of the phone.
    I storngly advise you to update your OS

Got to agree .440 does seem to make a difference.
    10-21-11 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD