Just got off the phone (again) with Rogers tech support. RIM sent Rogers an email which she read to me over the phone, and it clearly states that there is a known issue with Bold 9900 batteries that were manufactured prior to Nov 2011.

So if anyone is having a problem with their 9900 battery draining too fast, demand a replacement from your provider! It's not normal what you are experiencing and you shouldn't have to turn off all your features to get through a day with a charge. I now have a ticket # that says my phone is defective (won't hold 3/4g signal and goes SOS far too often) plus the battery life sucks. My Bold was made July 30, 2011 so this explains all my troubles. Hope to have a new one that works soon!
    01-05-12 10:47 PM
    There's nothing wrong with the batteries... that's just Rogers BS

You obviously have a defective device though if it can't hold onto a signal, and that alone will kill your battery.
    01-05-12 10:53 PM
    I used to have sos signal issues, terrible reception, and 'meh' battery life. Since upgrading my os to version .579 I rarely if ever see sos, I nearly always have full 4g signal, and my battery life ends up with 20-50% more life at the end of the day than my co workers with iphone 4 and droids.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    brahmanto likes this.
    01-05-12 10:54 PM
    I don't think it is Rogers bs................she read me the email that came from RIM about the issue.
    emirozmen likes this.
    01-05-12 11:00 PM
    01-05-12 11:06 PM
    I don't think it is Rogers bs................she read me the email that came from RIM about the issue.
    Yeah... that same BS email they've been reading out since September last year.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rogers-655526/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...faulty-658595/
    01-05-12 11:08 PM
    Thats probably my problem... My battery drains fast and I need to turn off facebook, twitter and other apps to get a little more from my battery I'll go to my carrier and ask for a new device
    01-05-12 11:59 PM
    send me the email :P
    01-06-12 12:07 AM
    I used to have sos signal issues, terrible reception, and 'meh' battery life. Since upgrading my os to version .579 I rarely if ever see sos, I nearly always have full 4g signal, and my battery life ends up with 20-50% more life at the end of the day than my co workers with iphone 4 and droids.

Which version did you use before?
    I was at .261 then now .540 still only can hold 9-10 Hrs (150 emails, 30min - 1hr calls, 20 text, 20+ BBMs)

Got from other forums says that charge the battery on desktop charger will last the battery longer (up to 16Hrs with 40% remaining) vs plug the charge into your phone. (I would buy one today and see if it works, though I need secondary Battery...
    01-06-12 12:11 AM
    most probably the lot which RIM sent to rogers was faulty, that's why only rogers is replacing batteries etc. Could be as sometimes during manufacturing processes mistakes do happen but if they take responsibility for it and replace the device then its ok !!!
    01-06-12 12:37 PM

I can confirm this... I used to have SOS and SIM Error pop up message with the Telus stock version of OS and then I upgraded to the very first leaked OS 7.1.0.74 and several months passed since the upgrade and haven't seen any errors what so ever.

Telus initially told me that it was a network issue and they are working to fix it, but I don't know what is their new story anyway. I don't think it was a network issue. I think it was an OS issue.
    01-06-12 01:49 PM
    Your Rogers' rep doesn't know how to read properly.

There was a communication RIM sent to carriers informing of a very small batch of faulty batteries. If you had one of these batteries (which by now are all most certainly discovered), your phone would not power on and you would simply see an icon of a battery with a red "x" in it.

There is NO battery defect relating to discharge rates.
    joesworld likes this.
    01-06-12 01:51 PM
    I can confirm this... I used to have SOS and SIM Error pop up message with the Telus stock version of OS and then I upgraded to the very first leaked OS 7.1.0.74 and several months passed since the upgrade and haven't seen any errors what so ever.

Telus initially told me that it was a network issue and they are working to fix it, but I don't know what is their new story anyway. I don't think it was a network issue. I think it was an OS issue.
    I can confirm that there is an SOS issue on TELUS that could effect BB's running the stock OS. Recommend solution is to update OS.
    01-06-12 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD