Anyone else seeing this on their device? It's the same icon you see when the device is plugged in and the battery is fully charged, where there's a black plug inside the battery icon itself. The difference here is that the battery icon itself is not a full solid white, but a partially full battery icon.

I can't seem to pinpoint when this happens, but it has happened while the device is sitting on the desk and I receive a BBM. At this point the battery stops charging and I have to disconnect/reconnect to get it to start charging again. I've gone through .353 and now .362 with no "fix". I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else or do I have a defective device?
    09-16-11 01:09 PM
    There are a lot of threads already started on this topic, check the main battery thread at the top of the Bold 9900/9930 forum for answers: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-tips-644519/
    09-16-11 01:25 PM
    The black plug appears on the Full Charge White Background when the battery has a full charge but is ALSO PLUGGED IN to a power source. If you see the black plug and remove any cables from the phone, the black plug will disappear...and return if you plug the phone into a source of power again while you still have the full charge.
    It usualy takes my phone 6-7 hours to fully charge, and that ;ast few percent takes probably 1/3 of that charge time.

I the get 2 full Work Days (7 am to 9 pm) with constant phone, text & email. I turn it off over night as I do not want to be bothered. If I need to leave the phone on overnight I go into Bedside Mode and I sill get about 36 straight hours of battery life.

Great phone...way better than my Storm ever was. Very happy. Only thing missing is a native HOTSPOT software.
    I understand why RIM didn't include it as it mildly coerces people into getting a Playbook...but really? RIM should have considered how many more people would have bought this phone instead of the Iphone if it DID have Hotspot capabilities. The proof of this statement is how many people still DIDN'T buy the playbook but are searching for a hotspot solution.

RIM...always the bridesmaid but never the bride.
    Last edited by royceberry; 09-17-11 at 04:05 PM.
    09-17-11 03:53 PM
    This is a bug since .353 it happens to me also when I connect charger the same and it says this accesory cannot charge this phone just with a restart it solves Alt Shift H
    09-17-11 04:15 PM
    I have found that it happens only when the battery is really warm. If you unplug it and let it rest for a few minutes, it should start showing the bolt while charging again.
    09-17-11 05:08 PM
    The black plug appears on the Full Charge White Background when the battery has a full charge but is ALSO PLUGGED IN to a power source. If you see the black plug and remove any cables from the phone, the black plug will disappear...and return if you plug the phone into a source of power again while you still have the full charge.
    It usualy takes my phone 6-7 hours to fully charge, and that ;ast few percent takes probably 1/3 of that charge time.
    That I know... when the device is connected and a full charge is completed, you see a completely white battery icon with a black plug inside it. My issue is the white battery icon is NOT full, but it has the black plug. Testing out my old 9630 charger and so far it's completed a full charge twice so far... gonna try running the battery down some more and try again. Hopefully it's not a defective device.
    09-17-11 07:19 PM
    This is a bug since .353 it happens to me also when I connect charger the same and it says this accesory cannot charge this phone just with a restart it solves Alt Shift H
    I've moved onto .362 and am trying a different USB cable... so far I have not seen this icon, but I have not tested thoroughly yet to figure out if it's going to happen again.
    09-17-11 07:20 PM
    for me on 362 first day was ok switching cables now bug is back
    09-17-11 07:22 PM
    for me on 362 first day was ok switching cables now bug is back
    Not sure what happened exactly... are you saying you're getting this bug with a specific cable?
    09-17-11 07:28 PM
    ... it happened with the stock OS, on .353 and still there with .362... a reboot solves that... but it would be better if such bug is fixed ... by another OS release perhaps..
    09-17-11 08:43 PM
    ... it happened with the stock OS, on .353 and still there with .362... a reboot solves that... but it would be better if such bug is fixed ... by another OS release perhaps..
    How can you be sure that this is indeed a bug and not a bad device?

Anyone know how to replicate this bug every time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-11 08:46 PM
    How can you be sure that this is indeed a bug and not a bad device?

Anyone know how to replicate this bug every time?

Becuase it doesn't happen with older versions as simple as that....
    09-17-11 09:15 PM
    Becuase it doesn't happen with older versions as simple as that....
    Do you remember which versions didn't do this by any chance?
    09-17-11 09:18 PM
    261 277 296 that versions didn't do that..
    dimm0k likes this.
    09-17-11 09:20 PM
    09-17-11 09:24 PM
    Not related this is a bug that make the phones not charging because a software problem not that
    09-17-11 09:40 PM
    That thread is a different issue...
    09-17-11 09:54 PM
    I personally encounter this issue, my OS is .353. Doubt it got anything to do with OS.. maybe I'm wrong. In order to overcome this issue, not charging, I have to reboot my BB in order to allow normal charge... I believe it's more of the hardware rather than software..
    09-17-11 10:55 PM
    I personally encounter this issue, my OS is .353. Doubt it got anything to do with OS.. maybe I'm wrong. In order to overcome this issue, not charging, I have to reboot my BB in order to allow normal charge... I believe it's more of the hardware rather than software..
    No you're wrong roll back to any older os you wont have more the issue its not hardware..
    petra74 likes this.
    09-17-11 11:01 PM
    No you're wrong roll back to any older os you wont have more the issue its not hardware..
    Oh, you mean if I roll it back to .261 it will be okay? If that is true, I may as well just roll it back since .353 didnt help in Battery life at all..
    09-17-11 11:06 PM
    I have the same issue.. Although it does nearly everytime I plug it in the charger..
    My only solution for now is doing a battery pull... It charges good after that
    My concern is: is this a hardware issue or software related?? I'd be reliefed if its software!!
    Although I know it might be... I need to hear it

As for the battery issues thread I posted the same problem over there but didn't get any info
    Back... Nor did @blackberryhelp on twitter reply with anything!

09-17-11 11:07 PM
    I have the same issue.. Although it does nearly everytime I plug it in the charger..
    My only solution for now is doing a battery pull... It charges good after that
    My concern is: is this a hardware issue or software related?? I'd be reliefed if its software!!
    Although I know it might be... I need to hear it

As for the battery issues thread I posted the same problem over there but didn't get any info
    Back... Nor did @blackberryhelp on twitter reply with anything!

What OS are you using? It will be useful to note that as it will determine if its just a software bug or something else? I find this to be true when I use my old charger I used for my BB 9700 to charge BB 9900.. even when I plug back with the original charger for BB 9900, it does not help. I realized the power rating for older charger and the new one is different too..
    09-17-11 11:17 PM
    What OS are you using? It will be useful to note that as it will determine if its just a software bug or something else? I find this to be true when I use my old charger I used for my BB 9700 to charge BB 9900.. even when I plug back with the original
    charger for BB 9900, it does not help. I realized the power rating for older charger and the new one is different too..
    9900/7.0.0.353 I used different chargers my 9700 my 9800 even a car charger... A battery pull fixes it though.. It tells me that some usb hubs doesn't charge try using a different hub.. Another note is that whenever it does the my pc doesn't detect it too...

Last edited by infinnocente; 09-17-11 at 11:23 PM.
    09-17-11 11:21 PM
    God! it just the software my friends SOFTWARE roll back to 261 and you are right 353 sucks at battery best one for me was 277
    BTW I just waiting for a new battery next month an a software update
    09-17-11 11:27 PM
    God! it just the software my friends SOFTWARE roll back to 261 and you are right 353 sucks at battery best one for me was 277
    BTW I just waiting for a new battery next month an a software update

My battery life on 353 is pretty good SOMETIMES.. Depending on usage ofcourse
    But the best was 22hrs on 353... Or maybe I should wait for any leak after 353?

09-17-11 11:31 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD