I think a lot ore forgetting that even if you are not doing much on your phone your phone is always doing something. If your GPS is always on it is always looking for your location, data never stops coming to your device. Also check and make sure you do not have any app running in the background cause this is another thing that hurts the battery life. Just remember your always connected
    Are you saying that you believe the battery is correctly reading a drop from 99% to 92% as most people here (myself included) feel it is just a bug with the reading. My battery life on .590 is really good even with this bug.
    01-01-12 11:01 AM
    I have a very serious glitch, my battery shows it's percentage as %1 but after I did a soft boot and it turned back to %35, can anyone help?
    01-01-12 11:10 AM
    Are you saying that you believe the battery is correctly reading a drop from 99% to 92% as most people here (myself included) feel it is just a bug with the reading. My battery life on .590 is really good even with this bug.
    I feel it is a metering glitch that affects usability in a very real way when the radio shuts off at a false 10 percent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-12 11:16 AM
    I feel it is a metering glitch that affects usability in a very real way when the radio shuts off at a false 10 percent.
    I don't know if the glitch causes an under read at 10%. My impression is the battery life on .590 is good and it lasts all day for me. I haven't run out of battery during the day, though I'm not a heavy user by any means. I have a feeling that when the phone says 92% it's got more in there and that it goes down slowly after that so I don't think it is necessarily under reading at 10%, but I don't have any evidence for that.
    01-01-12 11:57 AM
    My evidence is that OS .540 doesn't have any metering problems like my stock OS had and it also lasts significantly longer before the radio turns off. I can conclusively say that battery life is 10 percent or more better on .540. Even without paying attention to the meter. 9 hours vs 11-12 hours has been my experience.

01-01-12 12:04 PM
    I don't know if the glitch causes an under read at 10%. My impression is the battery life on .590 is good and it lasts all day for me. I haven't run out of battery during the day, though I'm not a heavy user by any means. I have a feeling that when the phone says 92% it's got more in there and that it goes down slowly after that so I don't think it is necessarily under reading at 10%, but I don't have any evidence for that.
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again... I believe this is RIM's fix for the bricking issue.

I think the under-read is intentional, and that few 'missing' % is held in reserve so the battery can never be fully depleted. This way the battery will always re-charge, thus reducing the risk of bricking when the phone thinks the battery is dead and won't even attempt to charge it.

Yes, it's just my theory, and yes, it is an annoying glitch... but if it prevents my phone from bricking, I can live with it
    Pilchard likes this.
    01-01-12 12:14 PM
    That makes sense Phill... It is really a shame though. If it is true, it means they reduced effective battery life by 8 to 10 percent to fix the bricking. That puts a lot of strain on an already relatively poor battery life (by Blackberry standards, I mean).

01-01-12 12:30 PM
    That makes sense Phill... It is really a shame though. If it is true, it means they reduced effective battery life by 8 to 10 percent to fix the bricking. That puts a lot of strain on an already relatively poor battery life (by Blackberry standards, I mean).
    Like Pilchard above, I'm not seeing any negative affect on my battery life using .590

It still lasts me the same length of time between charges, and if I reset the discharge rate in MeterBerry after the initial drop to 92%, I am still seeing the same average rates I've always had.
    01-01-12 12:39 PM
    Like Pilchard above, I'm not seeing any negative affect on my battery life using .590

It still lasts me the same length of time between charges, and if I reset the discharge rate in MeterBerry after the initial drop to 92%, I am still seeing the same average rates I've always had.
    It seems to me that if you reset the discharge rate after the 8 percent drop, and then get the same ADR, then it affected your battery by at least 8 percent??

01-01-12 01:01 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD