So just wanted to say, i was having about a 12% discharge rate per hour on the latest leaked fw .440, i wasnt happy, till two nights ago when my mother needed my BB Charger and i was too lazy to go down stairs and get my charging dock so knowing my battery would die i just left it on my side table till the morning, the battery fully depleted and could not even start up.

So thats then i charged him up in the morning and for the past two days iv been sitting on a 6% discharge rate with heavy BBM use, im going to leave it and see if the devices lasts a night without charge and see, so just some advice for some of you to try and see.

Thought id share, so try a fulll discharge then recharge and might help
    10-29-11 04:19 PM
    I was also struggling with poor battery life running .439 until I tried a full drain/charge cycle.

It has definitely helped somewhat and it's now performing just as well as you can expect!
    10-29-11 05:24 PM
    Li-ion batteries shouldn't be complety discharged...
    10-29-11 06:10 PM
    I've never heard that Lithium Ion batteries shouldn't be completely discharged, and I'm genuinely curious to know where you heard this. Electrochemistry is beyond me, but I wonder, is this a well-known fact among hardware engineers?

The instructions that come with the iPad (don't flame me please) recommend fully discharging approximately once a month in order to maximize battery life. I realize the lithium ion battery powering tablets are likely quite a bit larger than the humble 1230mAh packs we're using on our smartphones, but I always figured the concept was the same.

My understanding is that cell phone batteries are all pretty much the same--manufacturers just vary the shape and the location of the terminals so that: a) they fit properly given that devices have different shapes, or b) mainly to create an additional revenue stream either from existing customers who opt to keep an extra one handy (Motorola, HTC, Samsung, RIM, etc.), or from accessory makers who have to pay them a license to incorporate their proprietary interface in their designs (Apple).
    /end_slightly_off-topic_rambling
    10-29-11 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD