Someone tells you to jump off a cliff, and you all do it?

I'd be surprised if the op wasn't the developer himself.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-17-12 05:00 PM

This is hardly suicidal. I have no problem trying something out for myself. If it don't work out, oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I've had it installed for about a day and a half. So far it's a tough call. I haven't really used my phone much today so the low discharge may be coincidental. I'll let it ride a few more days and see if it seems to make a real difference.
    04-17-12 06:03 PM

I was just trying to help, if it does work you don't use it. No I am not a developer the application is Free, where is the profit in passing on information?
    m12k1177 likes this.
    04-18-12 12:35 AM
    I charged mine to 100% yesterday at 6pm. It is now 9am, and it is at 80%. That is a lot of non-use time, yes, but I think it is sustaining power a lot better. It seems to take much longer to get to the yellow zone.

EDIT: It has been almost another 6 hours.... at 70%...

EDIT AGAIN: It has now been 24 hours... at 65%

Last edited by iwashmycar; 04-18-12 at 04:55 PM.
    04-18-12 07:46 AM
    This one is working for me too it helped like %20. its a keeper. Dont know hiw it works but it is working. +++
    04-18-12 09:11 AM
    Deleted. Used it for few days, doesn't actually make any difference for me.
    04-18-12 09:20 AM
    Deleted. If it made any difference it was nominal. I dont think it did any good. Thanks anyhow.
    04-18-12 02:44 PM

Yeah must be a scam if its free! Drama Queens need not apply! Holy Crap!
    04-18-12 10:51 PM
    I think these battery improvements apps just drain the battery more than actually help save the battery at the first place. Look at the logical side of life for a second. If you have more useless apps like this running in the background, it will increase the battery drain NOT other way around.
    04-18-12 11:54 PM
    Like I said in an earlier post. I have never seen 0.0% at idle for a discharge rate on the my BB Device Analyizer app ever. If it can do that alone at idle instead of 2.9% it only stands to reason battery life will be extended. If this app cost anything I would not have downloaded it. But given a free opprotunity to see for myself has been a good experience. I'm keeping the tiny little app.
    04-19-12 12:34 AM
    i too agree vth you, After noticing this couple of days and lots of experiments with Battery saving mode, finally i have closed this option, and using 10% on brightness, 20% for auto off, and auto dim light. its give some more life instead of using Battery saving mode.
    05-03-12 01:46 AM
    I downloaded and will report in a few days.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-03-12 02:28 AM
    Ok. After 3 days I can say it does help. I have been getting about 8 extra hours. Now I'm going to use Battery Analyzer to test specific numbers. It's a small app and does not take up much space at all. I will test the app and report in a few days. I was skeptical, but it does work.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-06-12 01:25 PM
    It doesn't do anything more than what you can program the device to do by setting your screen / backlight manually. In fact, if you do that, you will use less battery than with the app running. Nothing will get you as much battery life as setting it as follows, not even your app...

1) Backlight timer set to 10 seconds
    2) Auto dimming set to ON
    3) Screen brightness set to 10%
    4) CLOSE all apps that can be closed, immediately after use
    5) CLOSE your browser when not in use; do NOT leave it on a site / web page
    6) REMOVE all social feeds
    7) REMOVE twitter
    8) CLOSE any IM programs when not in use. (BBM can't be closed)

If your App is getting you 8 hours more battery, you're either not consistent in daily usage, or you are NOT doing everything listed above. Battery Enhancer will NOT save battery over what's listed above...no way.
    05-06-12 10:01 PM
    I've yet to see one of these apps do anything useful, but since it's free I've installed it and will add my observations to the pile, after it has run for a few days. I've already done all the standard battery conservation things, so it this app does anything more it won't be because I was trying something else at the same time.
    05-07-12 06:44 PM
    Quick update:

This app is certainly unusual. I installed it yesterday and after a few hours checked the drain rate. It was 6%/hour, roughly double my normal rate with light usage. And I wasn't using the phone much at all last night, since I had a lot of work to catch up.

I reset the phone and the Device Analyzer when I went to bed last night. This morning I did what I do every day. I checked email, checked news on Go Reader, and listened to a podcast on speaker in the car for about a half hour. I know from daily experience that this routine will push my drain rate from 3% to 3.5 or 3.7% (this is with the OEM battery, not the Gold). This morning I just checked it after doing the same things and being at work for an hour or so is 0.66%. That's less that what I typically get with the radio turned off.

Well, it's too soon to say anything definite. I don't know if this is a real performance change or some weirdness in metering, but it's certainly different!
    05-08-12 08:02 AM
    I had a battery saver app loaded and noticed monitoring the battery discharge rate that this battery saver appp was the top drain on the battery, and all it really was doing at the time was dimming the screens- which can be done without the app. Not using it now.
    05-08-12 04:13 PM
    I just checked the Battery Enhancer app with Device Analyzer and Application Management. It doesn't even show up in DA as a most used process. AM says it has used 0.1 seconds of CPU time today, in 11 hours so far.

My drain is now showing as 2.47%, after a half hour of listening to Audible and a half hour of Kindle--which is a battery hog in general due to the need to keep the screen lit continuously.

This app is certainly mysterious.
    05-08-12 04:21 PM
    This app actually works. i have never seen my phone show under 2.5% drainage rate on idle, but with this it was at .78 on idle. I don't know how, but it seems to be working, it's definitively worth a try and I'm surprised its free.
    05-08-12 05:18 PM
    I uninstalled this yesterday, despite what seems to have been a positive trial. I convinced myself it was a load of rubbish and that I didnt need it.

After 8 hours today, I was down to 40%.... usually, with this app installed, it'd take about 12 hours to get to that %

I have just reinstalled to see what happens tomorrow. I used my phone pretty much for the same time and thing everyday. BBM (a lot), Whatsapp (a lot), SMS, Ubersocialn, Facebook and the odd email.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CB forums app
    05-08-12 06:46 PM
    I'm wondering if this app effects different os versions. I have 7.1.163 and it is working for me. I'm on day one of DA.

Sent from my VZW 9330.
    05-08-12 07:23 PM
    My average battery drain is 2.78% /hour. Heavy on e-mail/ BBM, Bluetooth, but not a lot of phone...
    05-08-12 07:36 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD