In one observation, when I use the phone (websites, facebook, bbm) it goes down 2%-5% but when I do not use it, it lasts for a long time. %1-2 discharge rate. Is this just me?
    jinxednuance likes this.
    08-15-11 07:16 AM
    are you surprised about this?
    08-15-11 07:19 AM
    best thread ever xD
    even tho im not sure if he's serious or not

if no troll, then...
    of course your battery drains faster when using the phone
    08-15-11 07:22 AM
    Ok, because I read threads about people who claim "heavy usage" and if I used my 9900 all day non stop, it would die in hours. But if I used it here and there, off and on, etc... it would last quite a while.
    08-15-11 07:34 AM
    I notice that when I drive my car a lot, my gas gauge goes down. Is this normal?
    08-15-11 07:36 AM
    hahaha ok ok i get it.
    Thanks
    08-15-11 07:38 AM
    Ok, because I read threads about people who claim "heavy usage" and if I used my 9900 all day non stop, it would die in hours. But if I used it here and there, off and on, etc... it would last quite a while.
    Take what you hear in these forums with a grain of salt!

Just wait till they start coming out with OS updates, people will claim they go a week before having to charge.

Toss out the best and worst comments as the "truth" is somewhere in the middle.
    atomicpunk1539 likes this.
    08-15-11 07:40 AM
    Lol, the title of this thread is a good one!
    (it's like saying the air gets dirty by driving a car)
    08-15-11 08:31 AM
    Besttitleever.com.

Extra marks for OP's sense of humor...
    08-15-11 08:43 AM
    IMO new batteries do take a few discharges to break in.. not so much the battery itself but the phone accurately reading the levels correctly. For example, I had my 9900 show 43% at one point. Had to reboot after installing a program, and ended up with 49% after rebooting.
    08-15-11 08:48 AM
    Everytime I take a dump the toilet paper roll gets smaller.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 08:48 AM
    kcpaynev01 just told me a BB secret .. I'll share it with you:

If you shake your BB like a salt shaker really hard for like 10minutes, it actually recharges the battery. AWESOMENESS!
    08-15-11 08:56 AM
    Always good to have a morning laugh!

Thank you!
    08-15-11 09:00 AM
    affected by signal coverage?
    08-15-11 09:24 AM
    My battery goes up when I use this phone - weird!
    08-15-11 09:26 AM
    This thread is full of win and lulz. Win & lulz.

Let's do the math, OP. If your device loses 2%-5% per hour with slight to moderate use, you're looking at a max of 50hrs on the high end (yeah, right), but that's if you're a complete bore and have no friends who communicate with you at all. On the low end, which is more realistic, you're looking at 20 hrs of use. If you account for the fact some hours you will spend more time on the phone than for others, you're quite possibly looking at anywhere from 10-20 hrs of use on one charge.

brava27 likes this.
    08-15-11 09:35 AM
    20 HRS in real life is not real. No way will this get that with 50 minutes of use and say 100 msgs of any type in 20 hrs...

10 is optimistic given the above -- from what I've seen on both batteries I use in my 9900, with serious power management.
    08-15-11 08:04 PM
    This thread is full of win and lulz. Win & lulz.

Let's do the math, OP. If your device loses 2%-5% per hour with slight to moderate use, you're looking at a max of 50hrs on the high end (yeah, right), but that's if you're a complete bore and have no friends who communicate with you at all. On the low end, which is more realistic, you're looking at 20 hrs of use. If you account for the fact some hours you will spend more time on the phone than for others, you're quite possibly looking at anywhere from 10-20 hrs of use on one charge.

20 HRS in real life is not real. No way will this get that with 50 minutes of use and say 100 msgs of any type in 20 hrs...

10 is optimistic given the above -- from what I've seen on both batteries I use in my 9900, with serious power management.
    My figure was based on going off of 5% per hour. I just did the math. The figure he provided was 2%-5%. Off losing 5% per hour, I came up with 20 hrs.

However, if one isn't using the phone pretty much at all, 20 hrs can happen. On a few occasions, I've been mad at the world and very anti-phone. I definitely got about 18 hrs on my Torch. (Battery life sucks quickly with actual use.)
    Last edited by Amy wineBerry; 08-15-11 at 08:24 PM.
    08-15-11 08:19 PM
    I have no issues with my battery, very comparable(if not better) than my Torch with daily usage in the last 3 days. I have no issues what so ever. Approx. an hour of talk time, approx. 100-150 emails per day on 4 BIS accounts, some txt and bbm and I'm confident it would last me at least a day and a half, if not, more. WI-FI on all the time, NFS OFF, Bluetooth ON.

and yes...your battery will drain when you use your phone...(sorry, couldn't resist)
    08-15-11 09:32 PM
    Amazing....and completely contrary to most users - who report pathetic battery life...

...and you say that you are "confident it would last you at least a day and a half"...so has it? Which OS are you on?
    08-15-11 09:44 PM
    LOL DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT MAKE A NEW ONE this is embarrassing
    08-15-11 11:39 PM
    Amazing....and completely contrary to most users - who report pathetic battery life...

...and you say that you are "confident it would last you at least a day and a half"...so has it? Which OS are you on?
    I unplugged my phone from the charger today at 7:30am and it's almost 11:00pm now where I'm at and I'm at 41%, about 23 mins in calls all day and only 94 messages today(email, txt, bbm, whatsapp). Surfed about a dozen pages, paired to my Playbook for 5 hours(forgot it at home but never used the Playbook tonight). WIFI ON, BT ON, NFC OFF. Phone is in holster when not used. On BIS not BES. I have most settings on default but transferred all my data from my Torch(not sure if that changes any settings that would effect battery life). I'm confident I'd still have battery by noon tomorrow, which is very similar to my Torch. No issues with me for battery life. Not sure if it's my battery or what but absolutely do not see any issues with MY battery as compared with most on here. Mine has been what I had expected it to be(good, but obviously not as good as older BB's) and has been this consistent(along with my usage) the last few days. Hope this continues...
    Last edited by Frosty_Power; 08-15-11 at 11:53 PM.
    08-15-11 11:50 PM
    I'm finding my battery life on par with the 9700 running OS6. Today took the phone off charge at 6 am, its now 11pm and I'm at 45%. Probably 40 min of phone calls, dozen messages, light surfing, 6 hours of listening to podcasts or music over a bluetooth device. Absolutely usable, and I don't have access to a charger for most of the day

08-16-11 12:01 AM
    i use mine constantly which is probs why it dies in a few hours so i usual;ly have to recharge it in the middle of the day
    08-16-11 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD