i am averaging 15% drain per hour

3G on no wifi, bluetooth or NFC running

battery - JM-1

No running apps

phone sits most of day on my desk and only use it lunch for reading emails or minimum browser. no calls

BY 5pm i am down to 10% or less

have tried ecell gold battery same issue with drain rate

battery saving mode is running all other settings on like backlight turn off etc

i am now wondering whether there is something wrong with my handset as i have tried 2 batteries with no joy

What are others experiences or suggestions for help?

thanks in advance

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-12-12 01:45 PM
    First of all, how good is your cellphone covarege?

Secondly, what OS version are you running on your phone?

Third, do you have apps running in the background? (hold menu-key a few seconds)
    If you don't have apps running in the background besides 'Home', 'Phone', 'Blackberry Messenger', 'Browser' and 'Messages', you can take a look at options --> applications --> scroll to the right to see the CPU ussage and look if there are some strange things going on.

If there is nothing strange their too, then you can try to wipe your device and make a clean install. With this clean install, reinstall your 3rd party apps installed by yourself one at a time to see if there is a app causing the battery drain.

I hope one of these points can help you out. If not let me know
    06-12-12 03:04 PM
    On my bb 9900 by doing backup, wipe, update the os and restore I have gone from 6 hours to 14 hours.

06-12-12 04:51 PM
    well i have wiped phone and reinstalled os putting this time .391 on bold

hope this makes a difference

06-14-12 04:41 PM
    I am on .428 and am getting 3.7%

heavy text and email use, normal web use, roughly 10 calls a day, and moderate fb, bb news, tapatalk, and bb traffic use.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-14-12 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD