Ok.. I know this is a common topic about people complaining about their 99xx battery drain issue but mine is somehow unique. I usually dont have a big problem with my battery.

So let me explain a little bit about my situation before giving you guys the data for analysis. Usually, when I have a fully charged phone at night at around 12 midnight, I'll usually unplug and goes to sleep to see the drain rate when on idle. Usually in the morning at around 8, I'll get about 75% remaining but this morning, it goes to 3%!

I have my phone radio to 3G&2G, OFF everything, Battery Saving Mode (Always On), on Firmware 7.1.0.267. Are there anything that I should be aware of??

Drain rate based on Battery Analyzer says drain rate is 10.11%/hr
    Backlight 0.01%
    Bluetooth 0.0%
    Phone Usage 0.0%

Average Number of Modules 52.11
    Average Number of Processes 52.95
    Total CPU 0.3%

Modules with the Highest CPU Time:
    net_rim_services_impl 0.04%
    com_worldmate_bbtravel_wmli 0.04
    net_rim_io_impl 0.03%
    net_rim_bb_phone_app 0.02%

Mobile Network Usage 88.47%

All others are 0%

Under Application Management
    Usage for Today
    5m52s Used, 7h4m Idle
    Last edited by chaddeus; 02-23-12 at 11:40 PM.
    02-23-12 09:42 PM
    Ok.. I know this is a common topic about people complaining about their 99xx battery drain issue but mine is somehow unique. I usually dont have a big problem with my battery.

So let me explain a little bit about my situation before giving you guys the data for analysis. Usually, when I have a fully charged phone at night at around 12 midnight, I'll usually unplug and goes to sleep to see the drain rate when on idle. Usually in the morning at around 8, I'll get about 75% remaining but this morning, it goes to 3%!

I have my phone radio to 3G&2G, OFF everything, Battery Saving Mode (Always On). Are there anything that I should be aware of??

Drain rate based on Battery Analyzer says drain rate is 10.11%/hr
    Backlight 0.01%
    Bluetooth 0.0%
    Phone Usage 0.0%

Average Number of Modules 52.11
    Average Number of Processes 52.95
    Total CPU 0.3%

Modules with the Highest CPU Time:
    net_rim_services_impl 0.04%
    com_worldmate_bbtravel_wmli 0.04
    net_rim_io_impl 0.03%
    net_rim_bb_phone_app 0.02%

Mobile Network Usage 88.47%

All others are 0%

Under Application Management
    Usage for Today
    5m52s Used, 7h4m Idle
    Looks like you had a weak 3g signal overnight. Wifi is much easier on the battery if you have it in your home...I would suggest you keep it hooked on that.
    02-23-12 11:04 PM
    try 7.1 that has done wonders to my battery. it seriously seems like it doubled from the old .440 i was running before.
    02-24-12 12:13 AM
    The newest OS 7.1 leak gave me about 1.2 to 2.0% per hour compared to older OS 7.1 leak where I got around 5% per hour with the same amount of work. I would load the new OS and see what happens.
    02-24-12 12:45 AM
    Chaddeus - Check out this thread I posted a couple of days ago. I had the same thing happen...I thought it was the Brain Cube game I installed that day. Turns out it was not...and my battery life has since returned to normal. I don't know what happened that night....but the logs are there to check out.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ainage-701471/
    02-24-12 01:04 AM
    Chaddeus - Check out this thread I posted a couple of days ago. I had the same thing happen...I thought it was the Brain Cube game I installed that day. Turns out it was not...and my battery life has since returned to normal. I don't know what happened that night....but the logs are there to check out.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ainage-701471/
    Thanks. Usually if I have some games running in the background and I forgot to turn it off, this will happen but not this time.

I am going to try tonight again and see what happens

- Charles
    02-24-12 07:32 AM
    I tried to on WIFI during my sleep time. So all factors are the same, except I turn on WIFI. The result is worst.

Without WIFI, 8 hrs of idle time = 60% remaining.
    With WIFI, 8hrs of idle time = 40% remaining.

I suspect that if you have a lot of data transfer, using WIFI will save battery compared to 3G alone but on idle, WIFI will actually drain more battery. that is my assumption. In the next few days, i will continue to do some comparison on my phone and post the results. It should be interesting....

- Charles
    02-27-12 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD